• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 2 "Delayed" until Winter

squicken

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66951

As well as news of securing FIFA and PES for a year, Microsoft's Leipzig conference brought with it a bit of release date clarity and a bit of release date confusion - with the HD-DVD drive now listed as "autumn" (or "fall" in American) and Forza Motorsport 2 swerving perillously close to 2007 with its new "this winter".
-----------------

This was always presumed to be a fall '06 title, and now it looks like it might not ship until early '07. I know that the terms "fall" and "winter" allow for wiggle room, but this change might explain why everything we've seen of the game is still pre-rendered.

sangreal

forza was never scheduled for "fall 2006", it was always "holidays 2006" while the holidays are technically during the fall, these are 2 distinct release periods. 'This Winter' does usually mean early 07 but they havent officially announced a delay, so we'll see

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
It's good that Forza is delayed if it in fact is..

September - October:
The Godfather (I never played it myself on the Xbox, waited for 360 version just cause)
Just Cause
NBA 2k7 or NBA Live 2007, whichever one you prefer
Small Arms
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Phantasy Star Universe
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

November - December:
Viva Pinata
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Las Vegas
Need for Speed: Carbon
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
F.E.A.R.
WWE: Smackdown vs. Raw 2007
Sonic the Hedgehog
Tony Hawk Project 8 (some people still like the series, I don't)
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway (prediction: it will be delayed)
Superman Returns: The Video Game
Dead or Alive: Xtreme 2

Other games:
Fuzion Frenzy 2 (MS published)
Rayman 4 (Ravin Rabbits)
Hoopworld
Mad Tracks
Totem Ball
Blue Dragon (for the importers)
RoboBlitz
Alien Hominid
and I am sure there are more I am missing.

This holiday is going to be crazy, if Forza comes out early 2007, it would be better for MS to spread out their titles. Even though they have Alan Wake and Shadowrun (heh!) in Q1 for 2007.

Foil

Caspel said:

September - October:
The Godfather (I never played it myself on the Xbox, waited for 360 version just cause)
Just Cause
Small Arms
Phantasy Star Universe
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

November - December:
Viva Pinata
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
F.E.A.R.
Sonic the Hedgehog

This holiday is going to be crazy, if Forza comes out early 2007, it would be better for MS to spread out their titles. Even though they have Alan Wake and Shadowrun (heh!) in Q1 for 2007.

I'm an Xbox guy and all, but how is that crazy? The Godfather? Just Cause? Viva Pinata? Marvel? Superman? Sonic? Those games are going to be medicore at best. BIA has been delayed into 2007 as well btw.

Foil said:
I'm an Xbox guy and all, but how is that crazy? The Godfather? Just Cause? Viva Pinata? Marvel? Superman? Sonic? Those games are going to be medicore at best. BIA has been delayed into 2007 as well btw.

yea that guy has some low standards.

RumFore

Banned
Good, now I have more money for the holidays. To many damn good games are coming at right around the same time.

Caspel said:

September - October:
Just Cause
Small Arms
Phantasy Star Universe
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

November - December:
Viva Pinata
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
F.E.A.R.
Sonic the Hedgehog

Other games:
Rayman 4 (Ravin Rabbits)
Hoopworld
Mad Tracks
Totem Ball
RoboBlitz
Alien Hominid

That list leaves alot to be desired. Alot.

RumpledForeskin said:
Good, now I have more money for the holidays. To many damn good games are coming at right around the same time.

although i am not one to approve of the "good, it got delayed" posts, this could work out to MS's benefit as they could see their top-tier first party releases arrive in a somewhat steady string between november and april. it would certainly be a turn around from this previous 12 months.

jax (old)

Banned
Caspel said:

September - October:
Just Cause
Small Arms
Phantasy Star Universe
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

November - December:
Viva Pinata
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
F.E.A.R.
Sonic the Hedgehog

Other games:
Rayman 4 (Ravin Rabbits)
Hoopworld
Mad Tracks
Totem Ball
RoboBlitz
Alien Hominid

I'm amazed how you came out with that list in response to the topic.

:lol :lol

Forza2 never really had a date to begin with. Not really a delay then is it.

snatches

It sure didn't help the first one when it released in April. It would be criminal if the sequel got overlooked. That is, if it is actually any ****ing good. Haven't seen anything shown for it period. Che needs to leak some screenshots asap.

MGS already has trouble filling up release lists for a year while supporting 1 system. Makes you wonder what'll happen if they really do make a handheld.

Caspel said:

September - October:
Just Cause
Phantasy Star Universe

November - December:
Viva Pinata
Gears of War
F.E.A.R.

Other games:
For me. I'll be happy even without Forza 2

RumFore

Banned
So you dudes are not interested in....

Phantasy Star Universe
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
F.E.A.R.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Tony Hawk Project 8
Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway

Those games have the potential to be great. I know for sure I am getting atleast 3 of them.

Mrbob

I realize there are some good 3rd party games coming out for 360, but as a platform holder MS needs to do a better job at getting games out on a timely fashion.

Although I think MS is doing this on purpose. Everything is getting pushed to 2007, when the PS3 will be in stock. Imagine that.

Mrbob said:
I realize there are some good 3rd party games coming out for 360, but as a platform holder MS needs to do a better job at getting games out on a timely fashion.

Although I think MS is doing this on purpose. Everything is getting pushed to 2007, when the PS3 will be in stock. Imagine that.

they are not doing it "on purpose". as bummed as i am that the games are simply not ready, im glad they arent pushing them out the door with piss-poor fps and portions of the game missing. but i agree, they need to get shit out in a more timely fashion.

Billy Rygar said:
That list leaves alot to be desired. Alot.

Your kidding right? And this list has a nice handful of great titles missing... do the math and see. :)

Besides, name another platform that has a fall/winter lineup better then this......you cant

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
snatches said:
$149 w/ force feedback equipped copy of PGR3

I already have PGR3, and I've already paid for 2 wheels at $129. You are telling me I have to put up more money for a game I already own?

J-Rzez

Caspel said:

September - October:

November - December:
Gears of War

Other games:

No... no it's not good for all if it is delayed... it was one of the few games I was really looking forward to on the 360... I filtered out all of the stuff that I'm not interested in, that will either be ports, or just par or junk in general... Now... I have more money for PS3 and Wii games though...

Dunpeal

Banned
Man, this year keeps getting less impressive by the moment, but i guess i'll live with Splinter Cell, Pro evo6, Gears of War, saints row and Resistence.

:( Too human shouldn't make it, Mass effect is 2007, Heavenlly sword too, Stranglehold....bia...geez cmon, wtf, i thought the holydays were it, the time to release the games :lol

Gigglepoo

Agent Icebeezy said:
I already have PGR3, and I've already paid for 2 wheels at $129. You are telling me I have to put up more money for a game I already own?

This is a wireless steering wheel. Do the math. You're getting the game for free.

Speevy

Banned
Maybe chespace could come in here and give us a hint as to whether we should hold out hope for this game coming in 06.

It seems likely it will. The game's too important to fall into 07. They were even able to get Crackdown ready, even when that game seemed to be slipping.

jax (old)

Banned
che's on the forum but I think its sort of unreasonable to be asking him to leak/release screens. I don't he can anyhow.

GhaleonEB

Jax said:
che's on the forum but I think its sort of unreasonable to be asking him to leak/release screens. I don't he can anyhow.
I was utterly joking about the screens. Some kind of comment? Not really.

Shinobi

snatches said:
It sure didn't help the first one when it released in April.

Being released in April wasn't the issue (I'm not sure any Gran Turismo game has made it out before Christmas in North America...I think all but the first game were early new year releases). Being released a month before the X360 hype train got rolling is what killed that game's chances. That's obviously not gonna be an issue here.

Gek54

GT2 was December 17th. Forza2 delayed so that it will fully support the DFP/G25...........I hope.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Caspel said:

September - October:
Just Cause
Small Arms
Phantasy Star Universe
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

November - December:
Viva Pinata
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
F.E.A.R.
Sonic the Hedgehog

Other games:
Rayman 4 (Ravin Rabbits)
Hoopworld
Mad Tracks
Totem Ball
RoboBlitz
Alien Hominid

If thats the case then I will definitely buy a ps3 and Wii to tie me over. thank you.

Top Bottom