• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Advance Wars Could Be Delayed Until 2023

The fact that you even need to ask this question speaks volumes.

It doesn't though.

Should advanced wars 2 have been canceled because fictional United States was depicted as being the good guys and the real United States had just illegally invaded Iraq? Again the delay of a finished remake is nothing but the silliest of virtue signaling. I could understand pushing it back a month or so it's not released right after the invasion started but do we really need to wait until the end of the Ukraine-Russia conflict to play a remake of Advanced Wars? That's just unjustifiable nonsense

Last edited:

Rykan

It doesn't though.

Should advanced wars 2 have been canceled because fictional United States was depicted as being the good guys and the real United States had just illegally invaded Iraq? Again the delay of a finished remake is nothing but the silliest of virtue signaling. I could understand pushing it back a month or so it's not released right after the invasion started but do we really need to wait until the end of the Ukraine-Russia conflict to play a remake of Advanced Wars? That's just unjustifiable nonsense
No, it shouldn't have been canceled because Advance Wars 2 was not a fictional United States invading a fictional Iraq. Why is this such a hard concept to understand? It's not even a remotely comparable situation.

Last edited:

TexMex

It doesn't though.

No it does.

While I don’t disagree with you that it’s a silly reason for a delay, the landscape has absolutely changed in the last (nearly) 20 years since AW2 came out and to equate those release circumstances is just extremely out of touch.

I’m not saying it’s a good reason, and this is my most anticipated Switch game. But anyone could have seen it coming a mile away.

No, it shouldn't have been canceled because Advance Wars 2 was not a fictional United States invading a fictional Iraq. Why is this such a hard concept to understand? It's not even a remotely comparable situation.

Advanced wars 1 is not fictional Russia invading a fictional Ukraine either, so what point are you even trying to make here?

the concept isn't hard to understand. Your logic is just poor and is full of holes the second you apply critical thought to it.

Last edited:

Rykan

Advanced wars 1 is not fictional Russia invading a fictional Ukraine either, so what is point are you even trying to make here?

the concept isn't hard to understand. Your logic just sucks and is full of holes the second you apply critical thought to it
Advance Wars 1 begins with Blue Moon invading its neighboring country. The aesthetic of Blue Moon is absolutely based on Russia and could very well be interpreted as such. The COO is dressed in typical stereotype Russian Attire.

UHpmeFB.jpg

The units of Blue Moon are also designed in such a way that they look like Russian forces.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Advance Wars 1 begins with Blue Moon invading its neighboring country. The aesthetic of Blue Moon is absolutely based on Russia and could very well be interpreted as such. The COO is dressed in typical stereotype Russian Attire.

UHpmeFB.jpg

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Are you slow..... or do you think I haven't played every single Advanced War game?

Blue Moon are modelled on Russia/Soviets. The Orange Star are modelled after the US, their COs are literally the protagonists of the story, Blue Moon are initially presented as antagonists, and in this completely fictional universe, Orange Star and Blue Moon are neighbors who frequently fight wars.... I'm not denying that Blue Moon is meant to represent Soviets/Russia, my point is that Orange Star isn't Ukraine genius and the conflict in Advanced Wars doesn't resemble the Russo-Ukrainian conflict in any manner whatsoever. Which makes delaying this game for ages because of that specific conflict really stupid and nothing more than poor virtue signaling

Last edited:

e0n

The conflict is probably going to last several years. This is just another case of Nintendo trying to avoid the slightest bit of controversy. And yet every journalist is still going to mention this game in relation to real life events if it ever comes out. All the traction for marketing has been lost so they're going to waste money on promoting it again (series becomes even more dormant) or they simply stealth drop it while the war is still ongoing. Geez, how insensitive!

Rykan

Are you slow..... or do you think I haven't played every single Advanced War game?

Blue Moon is Russia. The Orange Star are modelled after the US, their COs are literally the protagonists of the story, Blue Moon are initially presented as antagonists, and in this completely fictional universe, Orange Star and Blue Moon are neighbors who frequently fight wars.... I'm not denying that Blue Moon is meant to represent Russia, my point is that Orange Star isn't Ukraine genius and the conflict in Advanced Wars doesn't resemble the Russo-Ukraine conflict in any manner whatsoever.
No, I'm not slow, you just have no idea what you're talking about.

The fact that the Orange Star isn't modelled or intended to be Ukraine doesn't change anything because this is about perception. Part of the story of the first Advance Wars is a fictional Russia invading a neighboring country because they were provoked/attacked first, so they were forced to invade. This is pretty close to the actual narrative Russia is trying to use while invading Ukraine. The fact that it's not a 1 : 1 representation of the actual conflict doesn't matter. The similarities are large enough to create controversy and small details like "Well Orange star technically isn't modeled after Ukraine" are minor details that will do absolutely nothing for the perception on this matter.

Let me break it down for you: ANY cartoony looking game that portrays Russia invading a neighboring country under false pretense can be considered poor taste right now. It doesn't matter one bit if the country they are invading looks like Ukraine or not.

Saying that it doesn't "resemble the conflict" in any manner is downright false and is just more evidence that you don't really understand what's going on in.

Last edited:
No, I'm not slow, you just have no idea what you're talking about.

The fact that the Orange Star isn't modelled or intended to be Ukraine doesn't change anything because this is about perception. Part of the story of the first Advance Wars is a fictional Russia invading a neighboring country because they were provoked/attacked first, so they were forced to invade. This is pretty close to the actual narrative Russia is trying to use while invading Ukraine. The fact that it's not a 1 : 1 representation of the actual conflict doesn't matter. The similarities are large enough to create controversy and small details like "Well Orange star technically isn't modeled after Ukraine" are minor details that will do absolutely nothing for the perception on this matter.

Let me break it down for you: ANY cartoony looking game that portraits Russia invading a neighboring country under false pretense can be considered poor taste right now. It doesn't matter one bit if the country they are invading looks like Ukraine or not.

Saying that it doesn't "resemble the conflict" in any manner is downright false and is just more evidence that you don't really understand what's going on in.

Listen champ, you can keep pointing to this non-existent and incredibly superficial analogy between Advanced War and the Russo-Ukrainian War all you want but most everyone who isn't Nintendo can see that it's a pretty nonsense reason to delay this remake for nearly a year especially considering they just plan to release the game while the very same war that caused them to push the release back is still raging lmao. How is releasing the game on the anniversary of Russia's invasion any less controversial?

Again this delay is nothing but silly ass virtue signaling

Rykan

Listen champ, you can keep pointing to this non-existent and incredibly superficial analogy between Advanced War and the Russo-Ukrainian War all you want but most everyone who isn't Nintendo can see that it's a pretty nonsense reason to delay this remake for nearly a year especially considering they just plan to release the game while the very same war that caused them to push the release back is still raging lmao. How is releasing the game on the anniversary of Russia's invasion any less controversial?

Again this delay is nothing but silly ass virtue signaling
Where the heck did you get the idea from that the game is going to be released exactly on the anniversary of the Russian invasion? Your arguments are getting more and more bizarre with every single post.

Just acknowledge that your entire argument is based entirely on your desire to play this game so that we can stop having this intellectually dishonest discussion in which you try to act as if a fictional Russia invading a neighboring country under false pretense has no similarities to the real Russia invading a neighboring country under false pretense.

LOL how the fuck is this "Virtue signaling?" They have made one single statement on the issue that says "due to recent world events" and have left it at that. That's not even virtue signaling, it's just straight up avoiding controversy. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Where the heck did you get the idea from that the game is going to be released exactly on the anniversary of the Russian invasion? Your arguments are getting more and more bizarre with every single post.

Damn you legit really are slow. I got the idea from the article in the OP, which you obviously didn't read. here let me help you

https://nintendosoup.com/rumor-advance-wars-12-re-boot-camp-delayed-to-february-2023/
The date on the same retailer's website has also been changed to 24th February 2023. Do you want to take a guess at when Russia officially invaded Ukraine?

Just acknowledge that your entire argument is based entirely on your desire to play this game so that we can stop having this intellectually dishonest discussion in which you try to act as if a fictional Russia invading a neighboring country under false pretense couldn't be perceived in poor taste when the actual Real Russia is doing the same thing.

LOL how the fuck is this "Virtue signaling?" They have made one single statement on the issue that says "due to recent world events" and have left it at that. That's not even virtue signaling, it's just straight up avoiding controversy. That's all there is to it.

My entire argument is based on the fact that Nintendo's virtue signaling is largely pointless and your argument so far has been almost devoid of logic. Advanced Wars 2 with its fictional and cartoonish protagonists modelled on the US was released without anyone batting an eye while the US was literally illegally invading another nation...

Pushing back the release of a finished Advanced War remake for an entire year because Russia invaded Ukraine in real life is really fucking stupid and unnecessary of virtue signaling especially if they're just going to release the game while the conflict is still raging. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
you guys can argue about why delayed it, is it "virtue signaling" or not all day long, at end of the day Nintendo will decide when they gonna release the game.

As for me, I'm looking forward to play some Advance War but I'm not in the hurry, especially the fact I'm drowning with games, too many god damn games.

Last edited:

Rykan

Damn you legit really are slow. I got the idea from the OP, which you obviously didn't read. here let me help you

https://nintendosoup.com/rumor-advance-wars-12-re-boot-camp-delayed-to-february-2023/
The date on the same retailer's website has also been changed to 24th February 2023. Do you want to take a guess at when Russia officially invaded Ukraine?
Ah so that's where you get your source from. At least that makes sense. There is almost zero chance of that happening though, and the source is far from credible.
My entire argument is based on the fact that Nintendo's virtue signaling is largely pointless and your argument so far has been almost devoid of logic. Advanced Wars 2 with its fictional and cartoonish protagonists modelled on the US was released without anyone batting an eye while the US was literally illegally invading another nation...

Pushing back the release of a finished Advanced War remake for an entire year because Russia invaded Ukraine in real life is really fucking stupid and unnecessary especially if they're just going to release the game while the conflict is still raging. That's all there is to it.
Your entire argument is nothing more than dismissal of the blatantly obvious, illogical accusations of "Virtue signaling" and silly "whataboutism" in which you cite an example that was released almost 20 years ago.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned

The rest of your post has already been addressed several times. It's not about the fact that Advance Wars is a cartoony take on war, so that's why it can't launch or release during a real war. It's about the fact that it is very specifically about fictional Russia invading a neighboring country in a game in which portrays them as a provoked nation that had no choice but to invade. If you turn on the news every once in a while, that might sound familiar.

But to be clear you fight against that fictional Russia, right?

I'd expect the vast majority of people buying this game will not care because they either already played the originals and are buying it for the nostalgia and QoL improvements or are least sensible adults.

Surely only reason they're delaying it is because they expect to get virtue signal-cancelled by various gaming media outlets, home to the only people idiotic enough to try and spin this as Nintendo somehow semi-justifying (even unintentionally) Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Last edited:
What a credible source indeed. A random Swedish retailer. They are well known for their accuracy.

The same retailer was reportedly correct about the release date of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

Listen bud, You asked where I got the idea of a February release from and all I'm guilty of is simply pointed you to the article in the OP lmao. No where have I bet my life on a February release and the greater point I was making was about how stupid it is to delay the game only to release it while the war that caused its delay is still raging without end lmao. Whether its a year from the day Russia invaded or a year and 4 months, my point about it being pointless virtue signaling doesn't change.

Your entire argument is nothing more than dismissal of the blatantly obvious, illogical accusations of "Virtue signaling" and silly "whataboutism" in which you cite an example that was released almost 20 years ago.

To which specific conflict taking place was Advance Wars 2 even remotely comparable? Seriously. Cite the plot of AW2 and then explain how it related to a real world conflict. It's a silly comparison to begin with, because you're comparing present day to 20 years ago.

Dude honestly very few things are more insufferable than hearing dullards bleat "WHaTAboUTiSm" whenever faced with blatant hypocrisy and the flaws of their own critical thinking skills. Nothing in Advanced wars is remotely comparable to the Russo-Ukraine conflict either outside of the incredibly superficial analogy that the game starts with a highly fictionalized nation modeled slightly on the Soviet/Russia invading its neighbor (who in no way resembles Ukraine) while claiming self-defense lmao.

Last edited:

Rykan

The same retailer was reportedly correct about the release date of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

Listen bud, You asked where I got the idea of a February release from and all I'm guilty of is simply pointed you to the article in the OP lmao. No where have I bet my life on a February release and the greater point I was making was about how stupid it is to delay the game only to release it while the war that caused its delay is still raging without end lmao. Whether its a year from the day Russia invaded or a year and 4 months, my point about it being pointless virtue signaling doesn't change.

Dude nothing is more insufferable than hearing dullards bleat "WHaTAboUTiSm" when faced with blatant hypocrisy and the flaws of their own critical thinking skills. Nothing in Advanced wars is remotely comparable to the Russo-Ukraine conflict either outside of the incredibly superficial analogy that the game starts with a highly fictionalized antagonist nation modeled slightly on the Soviet/Russia invading its neighbor (who in no way resembles Ukraine) while claiming self-defense lmao.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your entire argument is nothing more than dismissal of the obvious. It's just unhinged ramblings in which you desperately try to cling to any little straw to hide the real motivation behind your post: You don't care about the conflict, and you just want to play your video game. That's all it really is.

Nothing in Advanced wars is remotely comparable to the Russo-Ukraine conflict either
You can keep repeating this nonsense, but that doesn't make it true. It's quite literally an army with aesthetics modeled after the Russian army (The CO even wearing stereotypical Russian attire) invading a neighboring country claiming they are doing it out of self Defense, which is exactly what Russia is doing. Trying to argue that this is just “Superficially comparable” that couldn't possibly lead to controversy is laughably ignorant.

How does it not Resemble Ukraine? All nations in the game are only represented by their military apparel. The Military Apparel of Ukraine doesn't look that different from most other Western Nations, including the US.

Pointing out the fact that your "But what about AW2!?" is an example from 20 years ago isn't "Hypocrisy". Aside from the fact that times have changed significantly since then, the comparison of AW2 with any conflict going on at the time are nowhere near as similar as AW1's plot is to the present day conflict in Ukraine. You whine about “Virtue signaling”, but they haven't done any of the sorts. They haven't cited their support for Ukraine with this decision, and they haven't even made a big deal out of this: Their announcement was literally just a tweet.

The only part of your post I'll agree with is that it would be bafflingly stupid to release it on 24th of February, which is why I doubt that will actually be the case.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
But to be clear you fight against that fictional Russia, right?

I'd expect the vast majority of people buying this game will not care because they either already played the originals and are buying it for the nostalgia and QoL improvements or are least sensible adults.

Surely only reason they're delaying it is because they expect to get virtue signal-cancelled by various gaming media outlets, home to the only people idiotic enough to try and spin this as Nintendo somehow semi-justifying (even unintentionally) Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

I think Nintendo is a bit paralyzed by indecision here. They don't want to be controversial in either direction. But in this day and age even trying to avoid controversy can be controversial.

Crazy world.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your entire argument is nothing more than dismissal of the obvious. It's just unhinged ramblings in which you desperately try to cling to any little straw to hide the real motivation behind your post: You don't care about the conflict, and you just want to play your video game. That's all it really is.

Sure if that simplification makes you feel better, I don't care about this conflict anymore than I care about any other conflict currently ongoing on planet earth., This is a video game, set in a completely fictional universe about completely cartoonish simple war in no way related to the fucking Russo-Ukraini war lmao. Why the fuck do I have to wait until the end of this specific conflict to play this REMAKE when its already finished. again, it's pure virtue signaling. Thanks for confirming that this is about "caring about this conflict" though. I was starting to entertain your bleating about how that this wasn't about virtue signaling.

You can keep repeating this nonsense, but that doesn't make it true. It's quite literally an army with aesthetics modeled after the Russian army (The CO even wearing stereotypical Russian attire) invading a neighboring country claiming they are doing it out of self Defense, which is exactly what Russia is doing. Trying to argue that this is just “Superficially comparable” that couldn't possibly lead to controversy is laughably ignorant.

A fictionalized nation vaguely resembling the aesthetics of the Soviet* army (who again are initially presented as antagonists) invading a neighboring fictionalized country which vaguely resembles the United States and it quite literally the protagonist of the game claiming to do so out of self-defense in a highly fictionalized world where these two powers are constantly at war with one really isn't not comparable to intricacies of the Russo-Ukrainian War. Again, I'm sorry your argument sucks.

How does it not Resemble Ukraine? All nations in the game are only represented by their military apparel. The Military Apparel of Ukraine doesn't look that different from most other Western Nations, including the US.

And you were talking about ignorance. Ukraine does not resemble most other western countries. It's notoriously poor and corrupt country with a government that doesn't even classify as a functioning democracy. A country whose military uses almost as much Soviet equipment as the Russian army. That's not the Orange Star.

Pointing out the fact that your "But what about AW2!?" is an example from 20 years ago isn't "Hypocrisy". Aside from the fact that times have changed significantly since then, the comparison of AW2 with any conflict going on at the time are nowhere near as similar as AW1's plot is to the present day conflict in Ukraine. You whine about “Virtue signaling”, but they haven't done any of the sorts. They haven't cited their support for Ukraine with this decision, and they haven't even made a big deal out of this: Their announcement was literally just a tweet.

Advanced Wars does not resemble the Russo-Ukrainian war in almost any manner. Please just stop with this stupid argument.

The only part of your post I'll agree with is that it would be bafflingly stupid to release it on 24th of February, which is why I doubt that will actually be the case.

It's just as stupid releasing it on any date that this war is still raging if the vague resemblance of Blue Moon to the Soviet Army is such a controversy (I'll give you a hint, it's not.)

Last edited:

Rykan

Sure if that simplification makes you feel better, I don't care about this conflict anymore than I care about any other conflict currently ongoing on planet earth., This is a video game, set in a completely fictional universe about completely cartoonish simple war in no way related to the fucking Russo-Ukraini war lmao. Why the fuck do I have to wait until the end of this specific conflict to play this REMAKE when its already finished. again, it's pure virtue signaling. Thanks for confirming that this is about "caring about this conflict" though. I was starting to entertain your bleating about how that this wasn't about virtue signaling.
I'm glad that we have this part cleared up. Your responses are based entirely on your own desire to play your games. It's not even remotely a well measured response, in which you look at the situation from Nintendo's perspective.
A fictionalized nation vaguely resembling the aesthetics of the Soviet* army (who again are initially presented as antagonists) invading a neighboring fictionalized country which vaguely resembles the United States and it quite literally the protagonist of the game claiming to do so out of self-defense in a highly fictionalized world where these two powers are constantly at war with one really isn't not comparable to intricacies of the Russo-Ukrainian War. Again, I'm sorry your argument sucks.

And you were talking about ignorance. Ukraine does not resemble most other western countries. It's notoriously poor and corrupt country with a government that doesn't even classify as a functioning democracy. A country whose military uses almost as much Soviet equipment as the Russian army. That's not the Orange Star.
That's not what I've said. What I've said is that all nations in advance wars games are only or primarily represented by their military apparel. The military apparel of Ukraine is pretty much identical to that of the US or of most other Western Nations. As such, the argument that Orange Star's forces look visually similar to Ukraine's forces is just as true as saying they look visually similar to the US forces.
Advanced Wars does not resemble the Russo-Ukrainian war in almost any manner. Please just stop with this stupid argument.
Please stop repeating arguments that I have already properly debunked. The game has both Aesthetic and plot comparisons to the conflict. You're simply in denial, and you're missing the forest for the trees. You're so fixated on minor details that you're not acknowledging the bigger picture here.

Yes, Advance Wars 1 isn't a 1:1 comparison, but the fact remains that it's about a fictional Russia invading a neighboring country on the pretense that it's defending itself, which is exactly what the real Russia is doing. That is enough to potentially create controversy. The fact that it doesn't line up 1:1 or that Orange Star might look slightly more similar to the US than Ukraine doesn't change ANY of that. Do you think that kind of nuance will be part of the conversation if controversy were to break out? Of course not.
It's just as stupid releasing it on any date that this war is still raging if the vague resemblance of Blue Moon to the Soviet Army is such a controversy (I'll give you a hint, it's not.)
That's right, because anniversaries have no symbolic meaning whatsoever, right?

Last edited:
I'm glad that we have this part cleared up. Your responses are based entirely on your own desire to play your games. It's not even remotely a well measured response, in which you look at the situation from Nintendo's perspective.
Nintendo's perspective is completely stupid and they made a controversy where none actually existed

Read properly. What I've said is that all nations in advance wars games are only or primarily represented by their military apparel. The military apparel of Ukraine is pretty much identical to that of the US or of most other Western Nations. As such, the argument that Orange Star's forces look visually similar to Ukraine's forces is just as true as saying they look visually similar to the US forces.

Sure I reread what you said and your point is still pretty stupid because every nation in the Advanced Wars series is clearly meant to resemble a very specific nation and aesthetics. The nations being the US, Soviet/Russia, WWII Germany, and the Imperial Japan. If your argument is that Orange Star could possibly represent Ukraine because Ukraine's army now uses NATO uniforms (decades after the original was released) then I'm sorry but you simply have a crappy argument.

Please stop repeating arguments that I have already properly debunked. The game has both Aesthetic and plot comparisons to the conflict. You're simply in denial.
Nothing has been debunked, there is no comparisons in aesthetics or plot and the *check notes* Russo-Ukrainian conflict outside of the incredibly superficial "The fictional nation resembling Soviets/Russia attacks its neighbors claiming self-defense". Sorry champ

That's right, because anniversaries have no symbolic meaning whatsoever, right?

Of course releasing the game on the literal anniversary of the Russian invasion would be baffling stupid. Just as stupid as delaying for months because a non-existent controversy and a need to unnecessarily virtue signal

Last edited:

Rykan

Nintendo's perspective is completely stupid and they made a controversy where none actually existed
Actually, there is no controversy regarding this at all right now.
Sure I reread what you said and your point is still pretty stupid because every nation in the Advanced Wars series is clearly meant to resemble a very specific nation and aesthetics. The nations being the US, Soviet/Russia, WWII Germany, and the Imperial Japan. If your argument is that Orange Star could possibly represent Ukraine because Ukraine's army now uses NATO uniforms (decades after the original was released) then I'm sorry but you simply have a crappy argument.
"Orange star is meant to resemble the US, and that's why it has no comparison to the Ukraine conflict!"
"How do you figure?"
"Because Orange Star Forces look like US Forces"
"US forces and Ukraine Forces look nearly identical"
"YoU HaVe A CrAppY ArGumEnT"

US Forced and Ukraine Forces look almost identical in terms of apparel.
Nothing has been debunked, there is no comparisons in aesthetics or plot and the *check notes* Russo-Ukrainian conflict outside of the incredibly superficial "The fictional nation resembling Soviets/Russia attacks its neighbors claiming self-defense". Sorry champ
The funny thing is that the only thing wrong about your post is the part where you say its "incredibly superficial". The rest of it is correct. Of course, saying it's "incredibly superficial" is incredibly ignorant. The plot is literally the reason why events take place in Advance Wars and the Aesthetics in a VIDEO game are not superficial: The aesthetics of the units define the aesthetic of a turn based war game like Advance Wars and they look obviously Russian.
Of course releasing the game on the literal anniversary of the Russian invasion would be baffling stupid. Just as stupid as delaying for months because a non-existent controversy and a need to unnecessarily virtue signal
"Nintendo is withholding the release for now to avoid controversy
"That's stupid. There is no controversy!"
"Exactly."

Honestly, this whole discussion basically comes down to you being in clear denial that the comparisons between the events in AW1 and the real conflict aren't superficial. There's really not much more to say about the subject, besides you trying to argue that a company that has basically perfected the art of avoiding controversy is wrong. So that will be all that I have to say about this subject.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
I think Nintendo is a bit paralyzed by indecision here. They don't want to be controversial in either direction. But in this day and age even trying to avoid controversy can be controversial.

Crazy world.

I'd have thought simply releasing the game as planned and completely ignoring any stupid hit pieces from Polygon and/or Kotaku would be the least controversial thing to do. Delaying the game in and of itself kinda puts them on one side IMO.

If they had to make a statement on it, they could just say this is a remake of a game that was released over 20 years ago, and is not connected to Russia's invasion of Ukraine in any way.

Then again, there are claims that even the original was delayed in JP/EU due to 9/11 (it released on September 10 in the US, crazy timing really), so I suppose them delaying the remakes would be keeping with their original position if the 9/11 thing is true.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Well, they're probably not going to release it anywhere near Fire Emblem Engage so no release in January.

I'd be expecting this in the Summer 2023 to be honest at this stage.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

The rest of your post has already been addressed several times. It's not about the fact that Advance Wars is a cartoony take on war, so that's why it can't launch or release during a real war. It's about the fact that it is very specifically about fictional Russia invading a neighboring country in a game in which portrays them as a provoked nation that had no choice but to invade. If you turn on the news every once in a while, that might sound familiar.
It's a game dude.

Lol I came in here expecting actual news, but no, just more political bullshit.

On topic - Was mildly interested when it was supposed to release, that time has passed. I’ll buy it when it’s £20 which is likely never.

supernova8

Banned
Facepalm*
The only people who would be outraged are not worth caring about. Plus, the people who would be most outraged wouldn't even buy the game anyway.

I'm sure we've seen this bollocks before.

Tinfoil hat time, but it could be that the game wasn't going to be ready for April and saying "oh no Russia invaded" was a convenient cover for them to keep working on it. We all know how secretive Nintendo is.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I honestly don’t know if this is ever going to release. At least Nintendo has it lying around in case they need to plug a hole in the lineup.

graywolf323

Lol I came in here expecting actual news, but no, just more political bullshit.

On topic - Was mildly interested when it was supposed to release, that time has passed. I’ll buy it when it’s £20 which is likely never.
that's exactly what I'm worried about, Nintendo basically has buried this game and now any chance of the series being revived is likely dead because it won't sell as well :messenger_pensive:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Most of Nintendo’s attention is currently on their next home console. Advance Wars is being delayed to smooth out the Switch release schedule for the coming year as new titles will be far and few between. That’s the only real reason for the delay.

Camreezie

It’s definitely near time for the usual February Direct. Now that Engage is out and with a few weeks left to drive some pre-release excitement for Kirby, this week seems likely for it. they have quite a bit to talk about, regardless of if Zelda is getting it’s own media event in March or not.
Im expecting this or next week Direct

Oberstein

Let me guess: there will be no change, no technical improvement, in short nothing after 1 year of delay except a visual or two to avoid a resemblance with a Russian.

Well... it's always good to give it a release date, but I'm afraid it will coincide with another war in the world...

Top Bottom