• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot claims Destiny 2 is 30fps on XOX due to Sony's marketing deal with Bungie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Or maybe Bungie wants a consistent standard across all consoles. You know, like the said when Destiny 1 was cross gen.

Eusis

wow Sony seems like a really petty company lol
I hate this fucking game of hot potato.

Though they could probably not have a deal and still aim for the LCD in performance, I don't think we had MANY 30 fps XB1/60 fps PS4 games, did we?

EDIT: But the CPUs are still such that they probably would still be a limiting factor, and they'd be limited by the MP parity mandate from Sony unless they decided to stop giving a fuck there.

Gestault

If this has been confirmed with actual reporting, that's super shitty. I still have my doubts that's a real thing though.

Flandy

This sounds like bullshit

Pro and Xbox One X have practically the same CPU, don't they? If the Xbox One X can run it at 60fps then I'd imagine the Pro could as well

It sounds more like speculation.

I assumed it was 30 frames because they'd be sharing Crucible and other competitive modes with the Xbox One S, which wouldn't be able to do 60.

This seems too insane to be true, either way...

tenor.gif

Blueblur1

They're just adding fuel to the horrible internet forum fire. Without any proof they shouldn't be saying anything like that.

Dynomutt

Your treading into very dangerous territory. Phil even implied that he doesn't believe this is the case. I know Sony is bugging with cross plat support but no need to knowingly take things out of context until we know for sure.

Aeqvitas

Wonder if there will be as much indignation over this as there was over parity clauses at the start of this gen. Like cross-play, its excusable because 60M sales!

Shin-Ra

Bungie made Destiny look pretty much identical on PS4 and Xbone despite the obvious performance gap.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
This is clickbait horseshit, I mean come on

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Well duh. Of course, Bungie/Activision/EA and any game with a marketing deal with SONY will not see an upgrade on the Xbox One X. This is obvious.

Servbot24

Banned
Expending resources on taking games or features away from players is so shitty. That could have funded an indie game or something.

Sounds like GS doesn't actually know anything though.

Clancy

Banned
Wouldn't it be unfair as shit to have 60fps X people vs 30fps normals? Sounds like speculation.

Isn't that exactly what PC gaming does?

Well duh. Of course, Bungie/Activision/EA and any game with a marketing deal with SONY will not see an upgrade on the Xbox One X. This is obvious.

When has this (historically) ever been the case? Developers usually stay from publisher marketing deals.

It sounds more like speculation.

I assumed it was 30 frames because they'd be sharing Crucible and other competitive modes with the Xbox One S, which wouldn't be able to do 60.
Microsoft has stated previously they don't care if developers do this. It's up to them how they want to leverage the One X's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom