• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 12 minute showing on the store page sold me on it. I'll pre-order whenever it gets a date. They definitely don't hold back on the gore. Holy hell.

Set up an okcupid account for it. Help speed that along.

So idlemaster is done...got all my cards...guess I can play something for its own sake now. That feels kinda weird.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I can't believe the turnaround on CS:GO, I was sure it was heading to F2P sooner rather than later. Now Valve don't even discount it as much as they used to because it's selling so well.

chronomac

Why are they getting hate? Same guys complaining are probably the ones who bought it for $1.00

Yep. I made a comment on Reddit that was being downvoted for merely thinking that a developer should be compensated for their hard work. I get wanting the addition to be DLC to the existing game, but I'm guessing the decision was made to save money and time.

Helmholtz

I can't believe the turnaround on CS:GO, I was sure it was heading to F2P sooner rather than later. Now Valve don't even discount it as much as they used to because it's selling so well.
Yeah that is pretty surprising. I also thought it would go the TF2 route because it seemed to have gotten off to a pretty lacklustre start. They really turned that around.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
WlWcs3M.png

Really nice of them to have a 10% discount too. :)

Backlogger

Hey look, the Dishnored DLC is 75% off.

Nope.

I don't understand why they make it a better deal to buy the GOTY/Complete editions. Seems like it screws over the people that bought the stand alone game. I finally caved and bought Skyrim complete because of this even though I already owned the base game (was a better deal to buy it again to get all the DLC then buy the DLC by itself). Still holding out for 75% on Brigmore Witches. Someday...

Dr Dogg

MRORANGE can you chalk me up for a recommendation for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for next month. I PM it over to you later today or tomorrow. Cheers.

For those of you interested, the main game site has 25th September listed as the release date and they have a special edition with lots of digital goodies for the same price as Steam (and yes you should buy it from them as you still get a Steam or GOG copy and The Astronauts get more dough).

http://ethancartergame.com

Lots of rotten vegetables thrown my way for preordering Borderlands The Pre Sequel

Blimey. So not to clog up the thread with a quote wall to rival X05. In my early morning sleepiness I bowed down to peer pressure from a few mates to preorder Blands 1.5 seeing as over here in the UK it isn't getting cheaper anywhere before launch (well legitimate anyway). Just got to hope they don't chicken out now and cancel their preorders but I'm seeing it as a lock on a low price.

I see nothing wrong with this decision, but I thought you were in the group that despised Blands?

Is there a better deal that the RU
Bear
price?

I wouldn't say I despise Borderlands but it's more of a case of a morbid craving for loot games in general. I mean I'm not to fond of Diablo III but pre Reaper of Souls I chalked up 50 hours worth and while Idle Mastering started up a Crusader. It's kind of like Stockholm Syndrome for me.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why they make it a better deal to buy the GOTY/Complete editions. Seems like it screws over the people that bought the stand alone game. I finally caved and bought Skyrim complete because of this even though I already owned the base game (was a better deal to buy it again to get all the DLC then buy the DLC by itself). Still holding out for 75% on Brigmore Witches. Someday...

The amount you pay for the complete edition, that doesn't include an additional copy of the main game or already owned DLC, is more than what you would pay for the appropriately scaled price of DLC alone.

Shadownet

Banned
Though, no I haven't. And I really doubt I'll ever do it, as I'm not that kind of guy even tho I see the coolest P90 skin ever but I don't even use P90, omfg here it starts the slippery slope

Yeah but it feels SUPER bad.
I'm neglecting everything else, and NOT only my backlog (or currently playing games, like D:OS ffs), but my real life too, like work? what about it? I don't even remember what I do for a living. Could I... could I be a world champion CS:GO player?

I'm slowly working through my backlog during the day time and CSGO late at night. XD i'll be done in about 100 years.

MattyG

Banned
Dishonored GOTY is $10? Awww hell yeah. I played that game 8, I repeat, EIGHT times on PS3. Never got around to the last DLC, so I think I'm going to grab it today. Is the PC version worth double dipping for?

I remember being interested in Ethan Carter game, can someone post what genre it is?
It's first person horror according to the articles I've read.

NIN90

So I bought Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition via the Android mobile app when it was on sale earlier this week and chose to add it as a gift to my inventory. Next day I checked my inventory on my PC and it's not there. It's not in my game library either but it shows up in my transaction history.

As usual, Steam support will take their sweet ass time to answer my ticket, won't they

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom