• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Borderlands the pre-sequel season pass announced: http://borderlandsthegame.com/index...pass-announced-for-borderlands-the-pre-sequel

not very surprising though. I hope they won't go overboard with it... I, like many others, preferred how they handled Borderlands 1, dlc-wise.

I don't mind the season pass, I feel they've done better with their DLC than almost any other company. But when they raised the base price to $60, I lost interest in buying it until it's substantially discounted, I've just got too much to play
including most of the BL2 DLC

Enco

18 cards so far with Idle Master.

Slower than I expected but can't complain.

Would TWD2 be up for GOTY competitions or is it not applicable?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I bought Batman City three times now. Once on OnLive, another on 360, and now finally Steam for $4. I'm going to finally get around to playing it.

Anteater

It feels like everyone in TWD and TWDS2 eventually goes crazy and needs to be put down =/
Or maybe I'm the crazy one killing everyone.

Think the problem is that there's often not much you could do until they give you the option to go extreme.

Such a cascade of emotions in that last episode, and i like you too anteater.

Yeah I think the last ep is one of the strongest

I will still forgive you and I will not judge your actions. Everyone deserves a second chance.
But Lee is not proud of you.

Lee told me I have to make sacrifice, people just don't make sense, Lee abandoned Lilly in my game, lol, but man that Lee sequence was so good, I paused it and was like "OH SHIT", if I was Clementine, it would've been nice the dream was real ;_;

Another point as to why I went with the choice I did.
Jane wanted to go back to Howes and fortify that location, which we knew had food and was relatively fortified, Kenny wanted to go to some place, in the middle of winter, with a child, and newborn baby, that quite possible didn't even exist and had no idea the type of people living there. If were talking about a better chance of survival, Howe's was the only option. Lee would be more proud of his sweet pea if he knew she made the choice to survive at a place that had food than travel around the winter wasteland looking for Kenny's pipedream of an oasis in the zombie apocalypse. Because when has there ever been a safe community of strangers in th e Walking Dead universe?

You guys should know that I have nothing but love for Shadownet. He truly is one of the nicest and selfless persons I ever met. I love you man and I'll cherish this memory for a long time. You made me feel good emotions which I rarely do these days.
--
To be not only OT and I didn't get any answers in the PC thread I decided to ask here, too.

Hi guys. I am looking for a mouse (cable) at around 15€. I don't need professional-class but something that'll last me several years. My old Logitech had a battery leak and it damaged the electronics inside so it's toast. And my current one has problems with recognizing right-clicks.

The ones in the OP are too expensive for me. On Amazon there are tons of mice and I don't know which is good. I have no clue how much dpi is recommended or which manufacturers to avoid?!

These are the ones I am eyeing right now. Would be great if anyone could provide some input.
Plemo 2400dpi @ 10€
CSL SM690 3200dpi @ 12,85€
TrackNet 2000dpi @ 11,97€

Martian

I had a similar problem a few weeks back when buying some items from the market -- the money was deducted and I received the e-mails, but the items took about an hour to show up. Submit a support ticket and quote the transaction number in the purchase confirmation e-mail; if the game shows up before you get a response, just close the ticket yourself and it'll be ignored.

Thanks man! Yeah its been a few days now but Ill try that!

ViviOggi

You guys should know that I have nothing but love for Shadownet. He truly is one of the nicest and selfless persons I ever met. I love you man and I'll cherish this memory for a long time. You made me feel good emotions which I rarely do these days.
--
To be not only OT and I didn't get any answers in the PC thread I decided to ask here, too.

I too had to pick up a cheaper mouse recently after my Razer Imperator died (never buying from that terrible company again) and ended up settling for this one: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00889SAE8/

If you can afford to go a bit higher than 15€ this one offers a lot of bang for your buck.

Lomax

--

I got a cooler master mouse that was $32 with a $10 rebate, tiny bit above your price range but full featured and I've been really happy with it.

Edit: CM Storm Recon is what it is. Seems to be back up to the $40 range now though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I too had to pick up a cheaper mouse recently after my Razer Imperator died (never buying from that terrible company again) and ended up settling for this one: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00889SAE8/

If you can afford to go a bit higher than 15€ this one offers a lot of bang for your buck.

Seeing things like that make me feel like the most boring person in the world sometimes. That just looks so gaudy.

well, these look ... promising :)

Those teaser trailers were...pretty underwhelming. Just not looking forward to either of them at all. Hopefully more footage will change that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Bought The Evil Within & Season Pass, and bought Evil Within and PM'd it to the previous winner of my Evil Within early giveaway from a month or two back.

If you want to read my (terribly written by phone but detailed) impressions of Evil Within from extensive time with it from the demo, read here: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=885284

And now since I love all of you:

ModBot said:
WARNING: GAME IS REGION LOCKED, I'M FROM THE USA REGION SO GAME WILL ONLY REDEEM THERE.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Evil Within (USA Region Locked) -- MB-7B5A47BE6241A2AF - Taken by r3n4ud. 163 entrants total.

t1409603793z1.png

ViviOggi

^ Is it safe activating that one via VPN or are there any of the newer, more intrusive locks in place? Either way, thanks for the great giveaway!

Seeing things like that make me feel like the most boring person in the world sometimes. That just looks so gaudy.

Oh yeah it definitely isn't pretty, but beggars can't be choosers.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Bought The Evil Within & Season Pass, and bought Evil Within and PM'd it to the previous winner of my Evil Within early giveaway from a month or two back.

If you want to read my (terribly written by phone but detailed) impressions of Evil Within from extensive time with it from the demo, read here: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=885284

no love for EU *sad face*

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

The AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting tag only affects Eastern European, South American and some Asian Countries, so the copy you're giving away won't be region locked to USA only

Asgaro

Noice.

Sadly, I'm from EU so I won't participate... But thanks for your generosity!

(Except if I hear about ways to circumvent this?)

EDIT: Sub Zero, bearer of good news.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting tag only affects Eastern European, South American and some Asian Countries, so the copy you're giving away won't be region locked to USA only
Is that so? I'm no expert on region locking, I just know I purchased from the US and the game is region-locked.

Wok

*Spoilers galore for Walking Dead season 2 just incase!*

damn it monk :(

If you think
the baby died by accident like Jane was saying, would you have chosen the same ending? I just couldn't watch Kenny kill someone I liked, (although implied that Jane set this up to test Kenny), even if it means I get the to decide to end his life. I do like Kenny but I don't like how he hurts everyone else, luckily it's Clementine that he wouldn't harm, buuuut that's not guaranteed.

edit: btw
I killed Kenny and went with Jane, I think it's actually a worse ending than Kenny's but I think I'm going to stick with my choice, although I don't think it matters in season 3 whether or not you get to play as Clem :p

I got it as soon as
Jane said to Clementine not to react and let Kenny show his real self.
I thought it was obvious what happened.

Porcupine

Never heard of EU1 or EU2 before. Is germany part of one of those?

From www.steamprices.com :

Valve divided Europe into two virtual regions, so games in the Steam Store may have different prices within Euro countries.

Region 1:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland

Region 2:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Vatican City

So yes, Germany is part of that.

ViviOggi

Yes, we're in EU1:

Region 1:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland

Region 2:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Vatican City

This is not an official list and there are games where it doesn't fit perfectly (e.g. Killing Floor), so the price shown on SteamPrices.com could differ for your country in single cases.
http://www.steamprices.com/eu2/faq

madjoki

Basically whole Europe belong to those, expect CIS, which is part of Russia.
Only difference between EU1 and EU2 is pricing.

EU1 is more expensive than EU2. Expect Bad Rats which is more expensive in EU2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom