• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uh, what's this then? (360 related.)

aku:jiki

I was browsing PartnerNet today and came across this...

katamari.jpg

Is this old?

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, compare the kanji:

250px-KatamariDamacybox.jpg

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Uncle Dukey said:
キタ(゚∀゚)ッ!!
I think he's talking about the kanji in the upper left corner ... the kanji that appears identical (to my untrained eye) to that on the Katamari box.
EDIT: Gah! Beaten!

Man, if this gets announced this close to LuminesGate, things are going to get very interesting Photoshop-Wise around here.

:D

ETA: Yeah, I think that's the spot where a GamerTag goes. Anyone have an English screenie to compare?

BenjaminBirdie said:
ETA: Yeah, I think that's the spot where a GamerTag goes. Anyone have an English screenie to compare?
Ehrrm. Thanks for reminding me to remove the tag! :lol

(It was where the black bar is now, duh. The two white kanji, that indeed say Katamari Damacy, are the game title. I think you're thinking of a different type of blade, this is a marketplace one.)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Strange indeed. Why is the download listed as Test 1 and then Test 2 within the details?

Gamertag removed. :)

The position of the mentioned Kanji characters is exactly the position of the game's name, when you select the game in the Live Marketplace. I just checked.

dark10x said:
Why is the download listed as Test 1 and then Test 2 within the details?
That's common on PartnerNet. Downloads for an upcoming XBLA game (Carcassone) just say "Buy me, PLEEAAASE!" or something too. They just type in whatever they want, basically.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you and urk edited out the gamertag I accidently left in there. I'm just trying to relay some news, don't rape me for it. :/

skybaby

Hey guys, this man is taking screenshots of what could possibly be katamari damacy for live (for all we know) from partnernet, please don't post his gamertag as he already removed it from the image :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
aku:jiki said:
That's common on PartnerNet. Downloads for an upcoming XBLA game (Carcassone) just say "Buy me, PLEEAAASE!" or something too. They just type in whatever they want, basically.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you and urk edited out the gamertag I accidently left in there. I'm just trying to relay some news, don't rape me for it. :/
Sorry about that, didn't realize it was your tag.

I wonder if this will actually happen, then? Would be nice to have Katamari in HD.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Oooh. I'm shivering with antici.... pation.

I'd replay KD with achievements in a heartbeat. Co-op/versus over Live would be pretty neat, too.

Larry Bird said:
what are the implications of this?
That Katamari Damacy is coming to the 360 in some form, possibly. I'm guessing that this particular item is there because beta testers need to try out the downloading feature.

I guess it should be clarified that this could mean nothing. Theoretically, a tester at Namco might just like Damacy and since he's working on an untitled project he just slappd the name of his favorite game in there since they're just testing anyway...but it's unlikely, I've never seen that happen on PartnerNet.

And thanks skybaby and dark10x, I appreciate it. :)

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
aku:jiki said:

No prob.

Anyone else on PN that can confirm? It's hard to believe this wouldn't have made the list for TGS.

urk said:
Thanks a lot!

urk said:
Anyone else on PN that can confirm? It's hard to believe this wouldn't have made the list for TGS.
Yeah, it seems totally out of left field to me too.

If anybody who can wants to confirm, it can be found in Marketplace -> Games -> All -> Right above Tenchu Senran, ie it's the 2nd to last item on the list.

arne

pCeSlAyEr said:
was that a confirmation?

hahahahaha.

No, just anything that's posted along with screens on PartnerNet is an NDA violation, regardless of what it is.

I have no idea what's on JP partnernet, nor would I know what's in the works.

Top Bottom