• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wings: Directors Cut Kickstarter - $350k target

Wings: Director Cut

Yes, it´s yet another kickstarter with a very awkward vide presentation :). I am however prepared to let the fact of that slip considering that people are trying to bring back Wings.

Which I have waited for, a loooong time. :)

And I really look the target rendering concept art of what they are trying to achieve.

01745885715b29cadfb3714e757e7a20_large.jpg

Wings is for those who doesn´t know about it, and old Amiga game consisting of a number of action mini games that moves a narrative diary forward throughout WW1. The action sequences consists of dog fighting, strafing runs and bomb runs.

Strafing run concept:

64ea0c5362613a160f1b77a07739cbc7_large.jpg

They were fun in their own, but combination of them, the narrative and the highscore list might a game that I still not have found a good modern variant of.

Thus, my interest in this kickstarter. :)

Project page - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-directors-cut

Awkward video presentation that also contains Chris Hüelsbeck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUYb5QGhWic

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Enjoyed Wings back in the days.
You weren't kidding about that video presentation though, wow.

parabolee

Have you guys seen the new target renders?

WOW!!!

image-150160-full.jpg

image-150159-full.jpg

I like this poster too -

image-148628-full.jpg

Shame it looks like they won't make it with this campaign. Hopefully they will try again.

RoyalFool

Banned
Oh wow, I was so sure this would get funded - was pretty gutted to read the update where they've pretty much given up all hope (50k of 350k funded with only 60 hours to go).

I remember playing this game for hours on the Amiga back in the day, the dog fighting was pretty awesome but the diary segment between each of the missions is what really stuck in my memory. I can still vividly remember one of the kids building the snowman. Was it also this game where at the end of each mission you see the casualty list? I'd feel so guilty if one of the names I liked popped his clogs :p

So seeing as my hopes of playing remake are dashed, does anybody know of a nice legal way of enjoying the original still? I hear it had a GBA port at some stage - any good?

The ones behind this kickstarter can only blame themselves for the failure of it. I had hoped that it would succeed, but they did everything wrong.

1. We still know very little about who the people behind the Cinemaware label are today.
2. They have had very little to show from the game so far.
3. The presentation video is probably the worst one I´ve seen for a kickstarter so far.
4. The project page is a mess that focuses much more on pledge rewards then on the actual game.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wings was by far Cinemaware's best game. Had the atmosphere like all of them, but the gameplay and variety to match as well.

Shame this sounds like it was all a bit haphazard though, it would be a great game to update.

Top Bottom