• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
532560-kuroko_no_basuke_banner.png

The 3rd season of the best sports anime in years has premiered! Let's get hype and talk about it!

Q: What is Kuroko no Basket?
A: It's a Shonen Jump manga series from artist Tadatoshi Fujimaki about Basketball that has been adapted into an anime by Production I.G.
The plot centers around the former members of an unstoppable Middle School basketaball team, Teiko Middle School, this team came to be known as "The Generation of Miracles" due to every player on the team having once in a generation talent. When this team graduated, the five main players from Teiko went to different schools, but there was a 6th member of The Generation of Miracles, Kuroko Tetsuya, who uses misdirection and unrivaled passing skills to assist his team from the shadows. Kuroko is joined in Highschool by Kagami Taiga, a Japanese player who until highschool was living in America. Together with the rest of the Seirin Highschool Basketball Team, these two face off against the members of The Generation of Miracles and learn the true meaning of Basketball.

Q: Sounds like the greatest thing in the world, but is it hype?
ipHtAdj.gif

A: Yes.

Q: What about Slam Dunks?
A: There are a lot of Dunks.

Q: I've heard there are super powers, is this true?
A: Yes and no, so, every character has skills that are somewhat set within reality, but are played up to such a degree that they appear as though they're super natural. The visual representations of these skills don't help with that perception either, but there's no real magic going on, everything is justified within the universe as just skill. Even if next to none of it makes much of any sense at all.

Q: I've heard there's a lot of yaoi surrounding this show, is it just fanservice for girls and sexy anime boys macking on each other?
A: While there is a very considerable amount of fanart depicting the characters in homosexual/sexual positions, there's very little fanservice in the series for either gender or sexual preference. The characters are very pretty boys, so it just naturally attracts the audience that's into that type of stuff, and if you are, there's plenty of bromance to keep you interested.

Kuroko Tetsuya. - Phantom 6th member of The Generation of Miracles.
Magic Powers: Misdirection and invisibility.

Kagami Taiga. - Just some guy.
Magic Powers: Super Jump.

Ryota Kise. - 5th member of The Generation of Miracles.
Magic Powers: Sharingan eye.

Shintaro Midorima. - 4th member of The Generation of Miracles.
Magic Powers: The ability to look like a green haired Light Yagami, 100% accuracy.

Daiki Aomine. - 3rd member and Ace of the Generation of Miracles.
Magic Powers: Just being good.

Atsushi Murasakibara. - 2nd member of The Generation of Miracles.
Magic Powers: Being tall. Like, really tall.

Seijuro Akashi. - 1st member and leader of The Generation of Miracles.
Magic Powers: ???, Scissors, being crazy.

The music for the Kuroko's Basketball anime series were directed by four different composers. Ryosuke Nakanishi, R・O・N, and Alpha Eastman were in charge of the first season while Yoshihiro Ike was in charge of the second season.

The openings of the series are all done by GRANRODEO and all of them are great... Except maybe the second one. The endings have been done by Hyadain, Old Codex, Kensho Ono and the newest being done by Fo'x Tails.

I'm sorry is this is not at all the formula or style OTs are generally done in, I've never done one of these before but love this series so much I felt it deserved a place to have discussion dedicated to it. Also people were tired of me cluttering up certain other community threads with talking about it to myself. So please give me tips on how to improve this and if one of these already exists, I apologize, I searched but didn't find anything.

Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season premiered January 10th and isn't being streamed on Crunchy Roll. I'll update as soon as I can find a legal method to stream.

UPDATE:
Media service Crunchyroll announced on Friday that it will stream the third season of the Kuroko's Basketball television anime. The streaming will begin for all users on Friday, January 23

SalvaPot

I´m so tempted to spoil everything for you guys.

But I won´t.

Enjoy! This season, if its anything like the manga, its going to be really good!

PirateKing

Someone spoiled Seijuro Akashi's powers to me. Fuck.

First episode was mostly a filler. But dem intro and ending was dope

Dahbomb

Fuck yes... I am in there.

Read the manga before this season, I am hyped for some of the shit that will go down.

LMAO @ Aomine's magical powers.

So hyped for this

I know, I've been losing sleep leading up to this and while half of episode 1 was mostly a recap, fucking Haizaki such a shit, I love him. Weirdly I like his dumb hair in the present more than his cool white hair in the past.

New opening is pretty hype too.

RangerBAD

I just know he's going to lose, that way Kagami and Kuroko can both be super mad that they don't get to face Kise again and put the smackdown on that fuck.

It premiered yesterday. Get in there, man!

I don't know about that. It's sort of Kise's grudge match to prove he was better than him since he replaced the guy.

I don't know about that. It's sort of Kise's grudge match to prove he was better than him since he replaced the guy.

But weren't they showing his knee hurting? Haizaki will probably pull some shit and hurt his knee, retiring him, causing Kuroko and gang to get revenge.

That's at least what the shonen tropes dictate. I hope you're right, though.

Dahbomb

As long as they maintain the pace of the previous 2 seasons they should be able to wrap up the manga within this season.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damn, well thanks for the heads up.

So, this show is worth watching?

Don't be fooled by the basketball this shit is a battle manga with super powers and the hype turned up to 11.

wamberz1

This show is great, and I'm super excited for this season
and to finally find out what Akashi's superpower is.
God these are so good, this show is so giffable, but it's impossible to post most of them out of fear of spoiling things. Though I did watch the show because someone posted the Meteor Jam.

These are also great.
zFkw2Dp.gif

uSdZJY8.gif

Holy shit these are hilarious. the second one especially.

Glad to see an OT for the third season! I'm a big fan of the first two seasons and I read the whole manga. Subscribing to this thread but will probably keep my comments short to limit the risk of spoiling anyone here. Hoping this season will be paced out well as I'm looking forward to seeing some matches animated.

I understand why they had the recap in the first episode, but it feels like it could've been cut down a little bit while still hitting the major points.

I understand why they had the recap in the first episode, but it feels like it could've been cut down a little bit while still hitting the major points.

I agree, I did appreciate the recap since it had been awhile, but it went on quite a long time and I would have appreciated more Haizaki being a shit.

HabeeNo

Alright finished EP 1... And the hype was justified, can't wait for the next ep!

Question, can we comment on the week's episode w/o spoiler tags, or nah?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I just know he's going to lose, that way Kagami and Kuroko can both be super mad that they don't get to face Kise again and put the smackdown on that fuck.

But weren't they showing his knee hurting? Haizaki will probably pull some shit and hurt his knee, retiring him, causing Kuroko and gang to get revenge.

I agree

The laws of shounen dictate that Kise is probably gonna lose so Kuroko/Kagami can shine.

Dahbomb

Alright finished EP 1... And the hype was justified, can't wait for the next ep!

Question, can we comment on the week's episode w/o spoiler tags, or nah?
Yeah you can, that's how it works in other show OTs. But future manga stuff is obviously not allowed.

RangerBAD

I feel like there's more history there with Kise. It seemed like his leg or knee hurting was like a Spidey Sense telling him that yankii garbage was up to no good. The timing was just too great, but I'm probably over thinking it. He probably has a pull or something. I think he'll win though, but end up worsening his injury putting him on the bench.

Iz it uhhh Himuru? Kaghamiza freind...

I'z my natoor.

I feel like there's more history there with Kise. It seemed like his leg or knee hurting was like a Spidey Sense telling him that yankii garbage was up to no good. The timing was just too great, but I'm probably over thinking it. He probably has a pull or something. I think he'll win though, but end up worsening his injury putting him on the bench.

I hope you're right, but my faith isn't as strong as yours.

I found it dope how Haizaki says Ryota.

Yeah, I really enjoy everything about Haizaki as a villain and design. I immediately understood everything about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom