• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a community of LINE users here on GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

LINE has recently added group chat so I thought I'd start a big GAF group chat. So far I've got a whopping four GAFers in there, plus me. It's free to use if you have a smartphone.

LINE is a terrific chat app popular in Asia. I mostly use it to chat with my wife and with friends in Japan but I'm always eager to have an excuse to use it more.

The stamps or stickers are what really makes LINE shine in a way that separates it out from other chat apps. There are plenty of static and animated stickers from companies like Disney and Nintendo, and user-created stickers are popular as well. A set usually costs a buck or two and there are opportunities pretty often to get them for free.

So, anyone here using it, and want in on a big ongoing GAF LINE chat?

The better line group tend to be the ones that are set up for particular communities tbph, as larger line groups will inevitable break off to other chats.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no big central GAF Line group, but I do know that a couple of the Community threads have set up dedicated groups. Discord servers are also increasingly popular.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You mean a single group chat for all of GAF? Wouldn't that be kind of crazy with so many people in one chat?

The biggest group chats I have on whatsapp probably contain about 20 people and even then it's a non-stop barrage of messages sometimes.

entremet

You mean a single group chat for all of GAF? Wouldn't that be kind of crazy with so many people in one chat?

The biggest group chats I have on whatsapp probably contain about 20 people and even then it's a non-stop barrage of messages sometimes.

Slack is pretty good for this.

kiri

You'd certainly need notifications turned off else your phone would never stop.

That being said, I'm all up for places to use my hundreds of stamp sets that I've bought...

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
No but as a hardcore line user I would be up for it. But no casuals.
jk

Would be a nice idea ^_^

maxcriden

I hear y'all. It could be a bit of a mess. But perhaps a fun mess. So I think it's worth a mess. You can only add 199 peeps to a group.

But if you want in on this group, post your username, PM me, or add me on LINE--my username is the same as on here. It's interesting to find what kind of real-time convos groups of GAFers can have. The NYE tinychat is a great example of this.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
90GkbsV.png

woodland

All the time. It's my main form of texting for a friend in Japan and another in Denmark. Downloaded it while I was in Osaka for a semester abroad and it was basically ubiquitous. Love the stickers on it.

It needs GIF support real bad though.

maxcriden

Woo! PM me your ID or something, I'll add you as soon as I can.

It's in the OP. :p it's maxcriden. Feel free to add me!

All the time. It's my main form of texting for a friend in Japan and another in Denmark. Downloaded it while I was in Osaka for a semester abroad and it was basically ubiquitous. Love the stickers on it.

It needs GIF support real bad though.

See above, we'd love to have you.

guess ill join, ill PM my ID

Got your PM, sent an invite!

entremet

Wanting a Line group for non-irl friends, ew. Just use irc or discord or something.

Eww. IRC is so so garbage these day. Much better cross platforms ecosystems are available. IRC clients usually have horrendously ugly and unintuitive UIs too.

Magwik

Banned
AmiiboGAF was big when Amiibos didn't actually exist in stores in NA
Aside from that I don't think so. Though you did remind me to cheek in on the HaloGAF discord group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom