• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phillip W. Spencer III "Japan is the most growing market for Xbox... I consider Steam Deck as Xbox... Switch and PS users as part of Xbox community"

IFireflyl

Gold Member
O Ozriel , remember the other day when I told you that while you might occasionally disagree with Microsoft, I never see you go against Phil? The things he said are absolutely stupid, and yet this thread has you coming to his defense hard. So I'm going to double down on my previous statement: you are one of the hardcore fanboys.

skit_data

Animated GIF

daxgame

Let me try:

I travel and move around a lot, so I carry around a Nintendo Switch (a portable gaming PC released by Nintendo in March 2017), which I also consider to be Xbox.

Did I do it correctly?

But for real can someone explain to me how Xbox games on Steam is good for business?
I genuinely thought that they would try to push their own Store. Right now they are paying 15% commission to Valve.

Sony is doing the same ofcourse but they aren't launching games on Steam day one.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
O Ozriel , remember the other day when I told you that while you might occasionally disagree with Microsoft, I never see you go against Phil? The things he said are absolutely stupid, and yet this thread has you coming to his defense hard. So I'm going to double down on my previous statement: you are one of the hardcore fanboys.

Plot twist : he's actually Phil Spencer

nemiroff

Gold Member
Buying Sony, Nintendo and Valve next?
Well, they're not interested in buying more systems, they are focused on ascending Xbox as games and services until they have enough momentum to get the fuck out of the hardware market.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

But for real can someone explain to me how Xbox games on Steam is good for business?
I genuinely thought that they would try to push their own Store. Right now they are paying 15% commission to Valve.

Sony is doing the same ofcourse but they aren't launching games on Steam day one.
I thought the going rate was 30%? Does Microsoft get a special Phil discount?

Ozriel

M$FT

And remember why I said you’re making these allegations from a platform warrior perspective?

You might want to read this post too.

I’ve stated - logically - why I don’t see anything controversial in what he said. Clear examples, well reasoned arguments. You’ve made zero attempt at a sensible rebuttal and have instead jumped straight into personal jibes, as if I’m not allowed to have an opinion contrary to yours.

If it walks like a duck…

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

They’re getting additional revenue from selling to people who don’t have xbox consoles.
It’s not really about Day 1 either. They sold 6 million units of Sea of Thieves on Steam despite launching nearly two years after console. And the Forza Horizon series sell a lot on Steam too.

Steam as an additional sales outlet is also a big benefit since GP cannibalizes retail sale on console.

I thought the going rate was 30%? Does Microsoft get a special Phil discount?

Valve’s cut drops to 20% for major publishers

Sorcerer

They’re getting additional revenue from selling to people who don’t have xbox consoles.
It’s not really about Day 1 either. They sold 6 million units of Sea of Thieves on Steam despite launching nearly two years after console. And the Forza Horizon series sell a lot on Steam too.

Steam as an additional sales outlet is also a big benefit since GP cannibalizes retail sale on console.

Valve’s cut drops to 20% for major publishers
Wierd,you would think they need it less. But I get that you want them to port their games over.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
And remember why I said you’re making these allegations from a platform warrior perspective?

You have to be a special kind of dumbass to call me a platform and/or console warrior. Especially since my primary platform is PC, and my secondary platform is Xbox Series X.

You might want to read this post too.

So you'll say you are "leaning towards" him having to leave, but only because of Microsoft Store and Xbox Series X supply issues? That's ridiculous. I can't remember the last time there was a shortage of XSX consoles. They're even available on Amazon.

And the Microsoft Store isn't something that is under the Microsoft Gaming division. I can think of a hundred reasons for him to go, but this isn't one of them. The Microsoft Store has always been garbage, and hardly anyone pays it any attention.

I’ve stated - logically - why I don’t see anything controversial in what he said. Clear examples, well reasoned arguments. You’ve made zero attempt at a sensible rebuttal and have instead jumped straight into personal jibes, as if I’m not allowed to have an opinion contrary to yours.
I'm not saying you aren't allowed to have a contrary opinion. I'm saying that you align with Phil Spencer on nearly every stupid thing that he says. Not only that, but you go out of your way to call out people in a thread about the stupid things that he says because you have some weird need to defend him. What he said about who is a part of Xbox is retarded, and if you agree with him then... Well, I'll just use your own words:

If it walks like a duck…

Pelta88

Phil would pivot every quarterly earnings to a new metric for success. 2014/15 reports had about 4 changes before they introduced GP and started hyping those numbers while behind the scenes, according to their own deliberations and projections, fully aware that the service is a catastrophe.

Phil now wants to use PS and internalize PS stats as his own metric of success. Which is a higher tier of irony that shouldn't be lost on anyone.

Last edited:
Jehovah's be jealous.

What millions tried to do going door to door, or off to far distant places, Phil succeeded in one interview.

Everyone's a part of the cult.

FeralEcho

He's figured it out guys.Good guy Phil at it again.You can't be number 2 in a race if there are no contestants in the race itself.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Top Bottom