• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG Tech: Lost Odyssey Xbox 360 vs Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Frame Rate Test

mike4001_

Emulator looks finished now.

Almost every game they release or update now has the same or often better framerate than xbox 360.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Very nice. I am hoping some of the other greats get added this holiday. A November Games with Gold Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist with December LA Noire and Max Payne 3 😱😍

Caayn

MS flexing its BC muscles once again, very nice performance improvement.

But is it me or is the XB1 version darker than the 360 version?

harSon

Banned
Looks like I'll bust out my copy of LO. Waiting patiently for Blue Dragon since I never played it after they released the difficulty patch.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
runs better with no tearing, nice

btw did Gears 3 ever get patched? kinda want to play through it again before 4 comes out

hesido

I applaud MS for their efforts Backwards Compatibility. I'm still surprised how they got it to work even, with those architectural differences, I honestly wouldn't think this could be done in realtime with the hardware Xbox One has. Thinking that I don't fire up some games simply because I don't want to switch HDMI cables, I'd have gladly taken B/C on the PS4. (Btw, emulating CELL ion a PS4 is "quite possibly impossible" so I don't think this is a matter of software engineering.)

Theorry

giphy.gif

Alx

It's very impressive that 360 BC went from "not sure if possible" to "better on X1". After last year reveal I was ready to settle with slight downgrades.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The forced VSync makes me wish Dragon's Dogma was backwards compatible. I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but I'd still like to finish it someday but the screen tearing when playing on the 360 is yuck.

Dabanton

I may finally get to beat this game.

Also, is Blue Dragon on BC? I loved that game.

If they got LO working it must be coming soon.

The forced VSync makes me wish Dragon's Dogma was backwards compatible. I wasn't the biggest fan of it, but I'd still like to finish it someday but the screen tearing when playing on the 360 is yuck.

I stopped my 3 hour play-trough of it as I thought it would have been an early contender for BC, come on MS and Capcom lets get it done.

Since when was LO on Xbox One? I thought they couldn't do multi-disc games? How did I miss this?

Earlier this week. They seem to have made the breakthrough. Which means that Max Payne 3 and Splinter Cell Blacklist cant be too far now.

It looks like there is some black crush on the XB1, or am I crazy? There is definitely detail being lost in the dark areas.

Gestault

It looks like there is some black crush on the XB1, or am I crazy? There is definitely detail being lost in the dark areas.

From what I can tell, not crushed black values, but darker. I did some testing with the settings on my TV, and the shadows aren't actually blown out. Unfortunately, the in-game "setting" for brightness is actually just a scale to adjust your display. Which does work, but makes external capture harder.

Montresor

Well if you put in the disc it downloads a digital version. So i guess its should be possible.

The only issue is, their obstacle is not:

How do we make this game purchasable on the XB1 storefront?

Their obstacle is:

How do we make this game purchasable on the 360 storefront?

Obstacle #1 is easy. They solved that a long time ago. Any BC game/DLC sold digitally on 360 will show up for sale on people's XB1 consoles. But because the game was never digital on 360 to begin with... it might be a formidable task for Microsoft. It wouldn't even be the BC engineering team's responsibility. It could be a whole other ball-game. Maybe the original dev team would have to get involved, and who knows where they are.

Getting a game BC never requires the original dev team to lift a finger (other than requiring a publisher to say Yes, and MS is the publisher in this case). But creating a sellable package on the 360 storefront... *shrugs*

The only issue is, their obstacle is not:

How do we make this game purchasable on the XB1 storefront?

Their obstacle is:

How do we make this game purchasable on the 360 storefront?

Obstacle #1 is easy. They solved that a long time ago. Anything sold digitally on 360 will show up for sale on people's XB1 consoles. But because the game was never digital on 360 to begin with... it might be a formidable task for Microsoft. It wouldn't even be the BC engineering team's responsibility. It could be a whole other ball-game. Maybe the original dev team would have to get involved, and who knows where they are.

Getting a game BC never requires the original dev team to lift a finger (other than requiring a publisher to say Yes, and MS is the publisher in this case). But creating a sellable package on the 360 storefront... *shrugs*

Yeah, I think this is the issue.

That PlayStation Now exists is fucking infuriating, as it means Sony will never develop something like this for PS4.

In any case, I've never feel more like getting an XB1 than when I see good BC news. Add an Xbox emulator and i'll finally pull the trigger.

Top Bottom