• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's next platform will run Windows ME. Here's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMax

500px-Microsoft_Windows_Millenium_Edition_Logo.svg.png

It is now confirmed that Nintendo is allocating internal software development resources to the creation of classic PC games, which will hinder the pace of releases for their core platforms and business model.

I think what we are likely to see will be structured as such:

Nintendo next home platform:
• Plays dedicated Nintendo NX games
• Plays classic PC games
• Dedicated media center
• Backwards compatible with Wii U games
• Possibly also plays Nintendo 4DS games, akin to Super Game Boy and Game Boy Player, in order to bolster the console's library and not end up with another Wii U situation

Nintendo next handheld platform:
• Plays dedicated Nintendo 4DS games
• Plays classic PC games
• Dedicated media center
• Backwards compatible with Nintendo 3DS games

Adoption of Windows ME at the core of Nintendo's next platform has at least six huge benefits:
1. Windows ME incorporates a revolutionary user interface, just perfect for playing games;
2. The fast boot time (only ~2-3 minutes) allows users to quickly boot up to the media they want;
3. Windows Media Player is pre-installed allowing users to watch all their favourite videos and DVDs at a dazzlingly high resolution of 480i;
4. System Restore will make Nintendo's next platform the first one ever to allow users to roll-back into the past, for whatever reason they need;
5. The new onscreen keyboard will make long, complicatd typing a complete breeze;
6. Windows ME is renowned to be one of the most stable and reliable operating systems ever. This makes it perfect for a new Nintendo console.

Should Nintendo's core business model flounder further, this also allows for easy porting of titles developed for NX, 4DS, and old PCs.

It has also been reported that Nintendo will shift to Intel Celeron chips for their next platform(s). Intel Celeron chips are used widely in computers due to their low power consumption, extremely high performance and small footprint.

While a proprietary platform may have previously been on the cards, as of this week, adoption of Windows ME is now the most efficient use of Nintendo's resources.

Nintendo has partnered with Microsoft for first-party software in the past, such as with Freecell and Maintenance Wizard. This will likely be the next milestone in the cozy Nintendo-Microsoft relationship.

Discuss.

Phanservice

Neo Member
Make it stop!

after actually reading.....lol! the previous thread was *facepalm*

almost as bad as the majoras mask 3ds affecting zelda wii u thread.

If this is a parody, I don't get of what...

if you're being facetious, you've taken the joke too far and it's not a very good joke to begin with.

Is actually funny cause the other thread was ridiculous.

And for what it's worth I think sometimes parody threads are funny and sometimes theyre fuckin dumb. This is the former.

AlexBasch

In a forum filled with people getting angry at video games, I need dumb stuff like this.

Godspeed OP. You made a man smile today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom