• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins Day 1 patch details (Only English audio on disc)

Day One Update
Update Size:

Xbox consoles: 1.4 GB
PlayStation consoles: 1.3 GB
PC: 1.2 GB

The Day One Update will focus on the following:

Fine-tuning the balancing of the game.
Improving performance and stability.
Reworking Photo Mode controls for better player comfort.

To ensure the best game experience, we encourage you to download and install the Day One Patch. You will find below some tips to verify that everything is ready before you play:

If you purchased a digital version of the game, the Day One update will be automatically downloaded and installed along with the main game.
If you purchased a disc copy of the game for Xbox or PlayStation, you might have to check if the game is up-to-date (1.02 version), and if it’s not the case to accept the download and installation of the Day One Update.
If you purchased a disc copy of the game for PC, the Day One Update will be downloaded and installed along with the game executable.

IMPORTANT:

There will be another Title Update available in early November, which will most notably include 4K and Dolby Atmos support for Xbox One X and support of HDR displays for all platforms.

More info here: https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/...606/assassins-creed-origins-launch-essentials

Whether you own a digital or physical version of Assassin's Creed: Origins, it will contain only one audio language at first: English. The menu and subtitles will be available several languages included in your game version.

If you wish to play the game with another audio language, you can. You simply need to download the pack for your desired language first.

So if you don't want to play with English audio you have to download 2GB between the patch and the audio pack you prefer, I guess is not that bad.

Jumeira

Banned
Getting a bit anxious about Xbox X 4k patches, im literally waiting to pre purchase digital games with 4k assets so i can begin backing up my games/account/content, but seems like firm dates for enhanced patches are not being communicated? Im all set, i dont want to experience delays and network issues on November 7th. Want to simply plug, install and play by doing all the work a week prior.

Risev1

Is it not a bit deceptive that they advertised the game as supporting 4k and HDR, and then only a couple of days away from release they announce that this is only going to be the case a week or 2 after the game launches?

I mean, if I got the game at launch, chances are I'd have already completed it before the patch drops. Good thing I didn't preorder it or nothing of the sorts, will just go through Wolfenstein and Mario first while they sort out the missing features that they advertised to be available from the get go.

I hope PC gets the atmos update, it's pefectly capable of handling it especially with the recent updates. Hell even PS4 can bitstream to the reciever to decode atmos

Risev1

I'm aware but I don't expect them to include the local language of that time period in the game.

Aw, thanks.

Fair enough. I just find it a bit weird that you would equate the local language of the time to Egyptian Arabic, which is basically a language that originated from a totally different area from a vastly different civilization compared to the one presented in the game.

Either way, surprised there won't be Arabic support for this game considering Syndicate was fully voiced in Arabic.

Fair enough. I just find it a bit weird that you would equate the local language of the time to Egyptian Arabic, which is basically a language that originated from a totally different area from a vastly different civilization compared to the one presented in the game.

Either way, surprised there won't be Arabic support for this game considering Syndicate was fully voiced in Arabic.

I'm not equating it, don't worry. I just think it would have been a more immersive game for me personally if I could play it in a foreign regional language like Arabic. No idea what actual Egyptian sounded like back then.

Loved playing Assassin's Creed II in Italian.

Risev1

I'm not equating it, don't worry. I just think it would have been a more immersive game for me personally if I could play it in a foreign regional language like Arabic. No idea what actual Egyptian sounded like.

On that note, I totally forgot my history stuff. I know that at least many forms of Ancient Egyptian writing is able to be read by experts in the field, but do we have any idea what Ancient Egyptian actually sounds like when it is spoken? At least from the game's time period?

CRIMSON-XIII

Neo Member
the game looks so impressive based on the gameplay and the last trailers in the past few weeks. I cannot wait to play this game on the ps4pro this week. Even if I don't have a 4k TV, it'll still look amazing.

On that note, I totally forgot my history stuff. I know that at least many forms of Ancient Egyptian writing is able to be read by experts in the field, but do we have any idea what Ancient Egyptian actually sounds like when it is spoken? At least from the game's time period?

Official language at the time was Greek with the local populace speaking Egyptian Demotic but I have no idea what it sounds like. I think scientists have been able to figure it out more or less thanks to the discovery of the Rosetta stone by Napoleon's expedition.

Raven77

So what's the consensus on how much of a boost this game gets on the Xbox one x? I've seen some videos and it does look nice. Is the graphical upgrade a system seller for any of you? I'm still on the fence with the Xbox one x personally.

Lack of HDR on this kinda kills some of the hype for me, I've really been looking forward to this. I wonder if it has anything to do with the launch of XBox One X early November

sirap

No HDR on launch huh...that makes it easier then. I'll buy Mario first and pick this up once the One X version arrives.

AllGamer

Pro isn't Atmos certified and there is a pro patch that will take advantage of the extra power so idk here you got 4k is exclusive.

But isn't the PS4 (Pro) capable of passing through Dolby Atmos to a receiver for movies? Doesn't this also work for games?

arhra

But isn't the PS4 (Pro) capable of passing through Dolby Atmos to a receiver for movies? Doesn't this also work for games?

For movies it's streaming a pre-encoded audio mix off the disc, you can't do that for games.

The Xbox is mixing, processing and encoding the Atmos stream in realtime, which the PS4 just isn't equipped to handle (they've re-purposed some of the audio-processing hardware that was originally included to help with Kinect voice processing, which the PS4 doesn't have for obvious reasons).

Sony have their own solution for 3d audio, but it only works with their Platinum headset and with PSVR (and probably relies on some additional DSPs in the dongle/breakout box).

JMY86

No big deal for me. I am going to wait until I get my X before I play anyways. I'm sure the 4K and HDR will be ready for the X launch.

Gamezone

Gold Member
English language should be the only option on disc by default. Additional packs should be there as free options to download. Games like FIFA are too big because I don`t get the option to only choose English.

dr_rus

So if you don't want to play with English audio you have to download 2GB between the patch and the audio pack you prefer, I guess is not that bad.

Hmm I wonder if this means that ACO won't be language locked to Russian in here as it usually is the case with all Ubi games...

AllGamer

For movies it's streaming a pre-encoded audio mix off the disc, you can't do that for games.

The Xbox is mixing, processing and encoding the Atmos stream in realtime, which the PS4 just isn't equipped to handle (they've re-purposed some of the audio-processing hardware that was originally included to help with Kinect voice processing, which the PS4 doesn't have for obvious reasons).

Sony have their own solution for 3d audio, but it only works with their Platinum headset and with PSVR (and probably relies on some additional DSPs in the dongle/breakout box).

Ah, ok. Thanks for the explanation.

Top Bottom