• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (ongoing spoilers)

Just finished my first playthough and got the knife ending? Everyone stabbed via knife and dies?! WTF. This game is crazy. I first was tempted to just youtube the rest of the endings but now I plan to play though this multiple times to really understand the story.

Game is crazy and mad fun. Can't wait to finish this and play Zero Escape. I do wish that I can just skip over the puzzles I already completed but those don't take too long to do over again.

Just finished my first playthough and got the knife ending? Everyone stabbed via knife and dies?! WTF. This game is crazy. I first was tempted to just youtube the rest of the endings but now I plan to play though this multiple times to really understand the story.

Game is crazy and mad fun. Can't wait to finish this and play Zero Escape. I do wish that I can just skip over the puzzles I already completed but those don't take too long to do over again.

You're in for a treat. The Zero Escape series is my favorite in recent memory, but at least in the sequel, you have a timeline view so you can skip escape sequences whenever you can. Enjoy the other endings!

GSR

Yeah, Knife was my first ending as well. Keep going, and try the doors you didn't take last time.

It can be a little tricky to figure out how to get the better endings, so if you start getting repeats of the bad endings, you'll probably want to look up a guide.

Anyways, strap yourself in. It's just beginning.

Is there a set ending order that people prefer or suggest? I was just gonna run through it again doing whatever but was curious if that is recommended or not.

antitrop

I have this game unopened on my desk next to me.

I'm considering just watching it on YouTube instead, I heard you can't control the speed of text and I'm a fast reader. Nothing bothers me more than waiting for text to scroll into a game when I'm literally waiting for the next syllable to appear and it drives me fucking nuts.

I heard this game has that problem, but the sequel does not.

Frost_Ace

Is there a set ending order that people prefer or suggest? I was just gonna run through it again doing whatever but was curious if that is recommended or not.

Knife, sub, axe, safe, true is the way to go IMHO.

I'm considering just watching it on YouTube instead, I heard you can't control the speed of text and I'm a fast reader. Nothing bothers me more than waiting for text to scroll into a game when I'm literally waiting for the next syllable to appear and it drives me fucking nuts.

You can fast forward the text you alrady read, the problem is that you have to redo the puzzles everytime. :/

It was good but way too overrated. The expectations GAF made me have for this game weren't sadly met. Going thru VLR right now.

I did three different endings with one repeat (so i finished the game 4 times) then i took a break for a couple of months and have come back to it. Got a fourth ending, all bad, but i've got a renewed sense of motivation to finish this properly now. Good luck!

Yeah, but theres SOMETHING VALUABLE that will be lost just watching. There's a spoil-free flowchart to avoid doubling up on routes. I got lucky and it only took me 3 times (emphasis on lucky).

Fey

Banned
It was good but way too overrated. The expectations GAF made me have for this game weren't sadly met. Going thru VLR right now.

lol yeah, I love the game but everyone I've recommended it to and directed to these kinds of threads (in order to get them to want to play it) have come back to me saying they enjoyed it, but didn't think it was amazing as people made it out to be. .__.

lol yeah, I love the game but everyone I've recommended it to and directed to these kinds of threads (in order to get them to want to play it) have come back to me saying they enjoyed it, but didn't think it was amazing as people made it out to be. .__.

The problem with the recommendations is that while the game is good when you look at the praise it gets you go in expecting the story to be a masterpiece. It's not. And even the gameplay design has flaws like having to replay the puzzle rooms and too slow skipping of scenes. At least they got it right with VLR.

The biggest flaw indeed isn't anything with the game itself but the expectations the fans build for newcomers :lol.

Korigama

Knife, axe, sub, safe, true. How I'd recommend it, anyway.
My first ending was getting a gun pointed at me by Santa as he took June hostage and escaped through the door leaving me trapped with Clover and Seven. I also got hugged by Clover before that.

I stopped playing for a while and just started going for the other endings yesterday.
MAJOR spoilers there. That said, getting the
coffin
ending first isn't necessarily a bad thing.

-Horizon-

My first ending was getting a gun pointed at me.
I'm not sure which ending that is, there is a picture of a coffin under the memories thing though.

I stopped playing for a while and just started going for the other endings yesterday.

Kritz

Banned
I found three endings by myself - axe, sub, safe - naturally through experimenting with different paths. Once I hit safe I just used a FAQ for the rest of the paths to the different endings,

I really loved 999, which was super surprising since I find most games of that style to not appeal to me at all. If it wasn't for telltales walking dead, I probably wouldn't have tried a visual novel. I profoundly disliked the axe ending, as it just felt very fanfictiony for reasons I won't go into, but enjoyed evey other ending after that. I never did get the knife ending.

I'd suggest if you find yourself stuck on pathways to just look up that one flowchart or a spoiler free guide. I never had issues on the puzzles themselves, but getting the door order correct for the endings, as well as some semi-obscure bits of visual novel interaction.

I'd also tread this thread carefully as people have a bad habit of not spoiler tagging to where the OP is at.

Jacqli

I recently (about forty minutes ago) finished it with all the endings! Incredible experience, i do not know if it is overrated or not but it is worth playing. I have to say that I am tired though, not of the game itself but too much explanation, too many details to have in count and doing the puzles all over again... So VLR has to wait a bit sadly.

When you see the true ending, the rest are like... Dumb, really.

Top Bottom