• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nine minutes of R-rated Deadpool 3 footage shown at CinemaCon (Spoilers)

ManaByte

Disney showed 9 minutes of R-rated Deadpool 3 footage at CinemaCon. I'm sure even after the movie is out of theaters and released on all the pirate sites there will still be people claiming it's PG-13:

-- ‘Captain America: The Winter Solider’ music is playing in the background

Wade Wilson gears up to sell cars and in the car, riding in the back between two kids, he curses about the car while describing it and jokes that he doesn't "have a lot of vaginal sex" - This absolutely offends the family of four.Peter is back, seeing Wade back at their lockers, and suggests he go back to super hero-ing. Wade says, "I'm done and I'm fine with being done." He does admit, "is this the life I always imagined for myself? F-ck no."

Elsewhere in New York, Peter and Wade ride bikes. "We're Deadpool," Peter tells him, which Wade disputes. Someone across the street is taking photos of them and Wade notices, denying that today being his birthday is throwing him off. In his apartment, a surprise party is waiting for him. "If this was five years ago, you'd all be dead," he jokes. Shatterstar is there, not entertained by Dopinder's stories. Blind Al asks Wade about his sales and is getting impatient about waiting for money from him.

"I pray everyday that fire finds your body and finishes the job that God didn't have the nuts to do," she tells him.

Colossus has been watching Great British Bakeoff. Negasonic and Yuko are still together. Blind Al wants to do cocaine and Wade says, "Cocaine is the one thing Feige said is off limits!" Wade catches up with Vanessa, who is seeing a guy named Dermot. Wade is left sad before talking to the group. "It's been a challenging few years," he says. "But I'm happy and that's because of each and every one of you and this is about how proud I am, how grateful I am, to be standing in a room with every single person I love. I'm the luckiest man alive.." He makes a wish and blows out the candle. Someone knocks on the door. It's the TVA.

Wade thinks they're strippers and that their pruning sticks are for pegging. A portal opens and Wade is pulled through it. He wakes up to Paradox sitting across from him.

"We're in charge of defending what's known as The Sacred Timeline," Paradox says, also proceeding to explain but then is interrupted by Wade.

"That's a shit ton of exposition for a threequel. Is this because I used Cable's time device?" Wade says

The TVA is aware of the "abuse" of the timeline but this has nothing to do with that. Instead, Paraodox claims Wade can save the entire timeline -- "We’re really a watchdog organization…we’re in charge of defending the Sacred Timeline." "You’ve been chosen for a higher purpose… one that could save the entire Sacred Timeline."

"I suppose I'm going to marvel seeing how cinematic this is? With a load of indiscriminate, gratuitous cameos?" Wade asks. Paradox tees up footage of Captain America on the screens and Wade salutes them. A clip of Thor hovering over Loki dying in Thor 2 sees Deadpool replacing Loki and Wade is terribly concerned and confused. Paradox believes he is ready to leave his timeline and join the world he has always wanted to.

"I smell what you're stepping in, sensei" Wade says. "I am a messiah. I am Marvel Jesus." Wade runs to the camera, pulls the mic in to frame. He headbutts the lens and it shatters. He grabs a microphone saying, “FUCK you Fox! I’m going to DisneyLand!”He gets a whole new suit in another room from a man with a stylish beard and some extra booty spanks. He now has adamantium katanas.

"Yes, your underwear is getting tighter," Wade declares.

The footage cuts to another scene. Wolverine and Deadpool are riding together and Deadpool mocks his suit. "The X-Men make you wear that?" he asks. "Friends don't let friends leave the house looking like they play for the Los Angeles Rams." Logan responds: “Shut the fuck up!”

Ownage

Do we need to see S2 of Loki to be up to speed on the new Deadpool? I haven't messed with D+ in a cpl of yrs.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Why is the fact that it's R-rated being highlighted? Weren't the first two also R-rated?

Because the bullshit narrative for the last 5 years was that Disney would never release an R-rated Deadpool movie, despite even Iger saying from 2017 that it would be R-rated (because "HE LIES!!!")

mortal

Gold Member
Because the bullshit narrative for the last 5 years was that Disney would never release an R-rated Deadpool movie, despite even Iger saying from 2017 that it would be R-rated (because "HE LIES!!!")
Ah I see, more of a reassurance.

FunkMiller

not bad mike pence GIF by Election 2016

I'll have to see it play out to get the proper effect, but have to confess I'm not particularly hyped having read this.

FeralEcho

The trailer for this and even reading the O.P. does absolutely nothing for my excitement.

I genuinely cringed multiple times at the humor in the trailer and I loved the first 2 movies.The first is in my top 5 fav superhero movies.

This one feels like it's trying waaaaay too hard to be funny. Feels like Deadpool is constantly breaking the 4th wall for jokes in this.Whereas in the first 2 it was more subdued and meshed better with the overall package.It still had a story to tell among the jokes but here Deadpool feels like a parody of himself what with all the references and memberberries thrown at you every 5 secs acting as if it's trying to save the viewer from Alzheimer or something. Remember this remember that.

I think I just don't care for Marvel or superhero movies anymore and I'm pretty sure all these writters feel the same cuz there's no effort put into these things anymore.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Do we need to see S2 of Loki to be up to speed on the new Deadpool? I haven't messed with D+ in a cpl of yrs.
I dropped the MCU, but a friend encouraged me to see S2 of Loki. It's seriously one of the best entries in the entire shared universe, top 3 for sure. The nature of the TVA stuff in Deadpool 3 might suggest it's set before that season.

Top Bottom