• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North Is Actively Trying To Get Marvel To Make Another DEADPOOL Video Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As we're sure you already know, Nolan North voiced Wade Wilson in the game, and much of what he did there definitely seemed to go some way in influencing Ryan Reynolds' take on the anti-hero.

When we caught up with the actor to talk Marvel's Avengers, we asked about his time playing Deadpool and Nolan reflected on receiving high praise from Reynolds for the work he did as the character.

"Craig Kyle, who was one of the producers, said that Ryan Reynolds was a long-time fan and actually praised what I did. He really liked it, and I know he played the video game one time with Jacksepticeye and he had some high praise for me, and I started DM'ing with Ryan on Twitter, telling him, 'You've made me cooler to my kids than I've ever been,' and he's a fan!"

As for whether the franchise stands a chance of returning, Nolan revealed: "I'm trying to get Marvel to do another Deadpool video game, and we could have Ryan come on and do a cameo in the video game." Needless to say, that would be nothing short of awesome, and we can only hope it ends up happening.

poodaddy

Despite the flaws, I loved that damn game. I'd adore it if they took another whack at the IP for sure, but for some reason I don't see it happening. On that note, I wish we'd get some more news on the next Deadpool film soon.

I'd be down for another. North killed it as Deadpool. Didn't like his Tony Stark, though - it's literally just Nathan Drake as Iron Man.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Deadpool is cool, but there’s so much untapped potential with the Marvel Universe. I played half of the Deadpool game on PS4 and it didn’t really carry me to the end. It was fun, but not $70 next gen type of fun.

Last edited:

Keihart

I think that the character and tone of Deadpool stories and gameplay would fit Platinum game sensibilities if they are given the proper time and budget to make one.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
Good, but can someone push for a Black Panther game ? Makes no sense the most succesful surperheto movie - outside of the Avengers ones - has no game...

Bkdk

With avengers doing not so well, they must be very discouraged to make another game for quite some time. Avengers is likely a crushing disappointment for them. Crystal dynamics will probably lay off a lot of their staff Soon.

Last edited:

Liamario

Banned
I think they captured the essence of the character very well, but the gameplay really could have been better. If they put additional focus on the gameplay mechanics, they really could have a winner on their hands.

Top Bottom