• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 wil get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Portugeezer

Didn't expect such high reviews. Congrats to Insomniac.

Not my type of game, but I'll have to give it a go at some point just to see.

simpatico

If this game gets GOTY we're really in the worst timeline. Not because it's bad, it would just be a terribly boring GOTY. I really enjoyed the first one and even stuck around after beating it, but c'mon, it's a capeshit game. And not even a new one! Just very polished extra missions for a game that already exists.

bitbydeath

If this game gets GOTY we're really in the worst timeline. Not because it's bad, it would just be a terribly boring GOTY. I really enjoyed the first one and even stuck around after beating it, but c'mon, it's a capeshit game. And not even a new one! Just very polished extra missions for a game that already exists.
There’s lots of GOTY’s, it’ll no doubt win a few because it just released and voters will still be in the midst of the hype/play through/honeymoon period.

BG3 will hopefully win a lot, for what it achieved, it deserves it above all others IMO.

oh my! this whole mc thing is already a clown show mainly,
but this is some next level shit.

so they can basically assign numbers out of their ass based on "feels"

forget that it goes against the very intent of a non-scored review.
I'd like these morons to explain how a review reads like 83, but not 82 or 84.

yeah time to burn it to the ground.
I really think we should ban metacritic from GAF and just use Opencritic.

Metacritic is biased plan and simple.

Reactions: Isa
I don't think anybody thinks it should win. A nomination is within reason

GymWolf

It's no Dragon Age: Inquisition, but what is?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

I don't understand this logic. Spider-Man 2 shouldn't win because it's based on a superhero? That hasn't stopped games before. Arkham City won a number of GOTY awards in 2011.

The second argument that it's a sequel also doesn't add up. Sequels have won before (Uncharted 2 being a prime example) and shouldn't be excluded for that reason. Nobody would say that TotK shouldn't be a contender because it's a sequel?

Markio128

I don't understand this logic. Spider-Man 2 shouldn't win because it's based on a superhero? That hasn't stopped games before. Arkham City won a number of GOTY awards in 2011.

The second argument that it's a sequel also doesn't add up. Sequels have won before (Uncharted 2 being a prime example) and shouldn't be excluded for that reason. Nobody would say that TotK shouldn't be a contender because it's a sequel?
Most of the GOTY contenders are sequels, or even threequels.

Ristifer

I wish insomniac would do something other than capeshit :(
Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

I remember people saying this about the Arkham games back in the day. Now we get turds like Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad. It wasn't that long ago that licensed superhero games like Batman and Spider-Man were aggressively mediocre. Games like the Arkham series/Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2 should be celebrated for righting this ship and setting a precedent for superhero games in the future. Considering Arkham has already fallen off a cliff as far as new games are concerned, we should be holding onto these games for dear life.

Nvzman

I played the game for about 2 and a half hours last night, and holy dear God this game looks eye-meltingly good at fidelity 40hz. This might have some of the best lighting I've ever seen in a video game. The game itself is fun, I like that they made the combat more challenging than the first game.

Astray

Gold Member
Played a few hours today, and I'm honestly blown away.

It gives me that same feeling I had when I 1st played Arkham City, where after 30 mins you just KNOW you can't really go back and play the previous games without feeling a massive downgrade.

More thoughts will probably be posted on the OT.

Kuwitzzer

Don’t worry, it won’t win GOTY.

Flabagast

There is zero chance it wins goty

SteadyEvo

I wish insomniac would do something other than capeshit :(
Define capeshit… you mean superhero games?

I won’t be picking this up anytime soon but I’m certain the graphics and boss fights are mind blowing. At the same time I’ve gone through this world twice already and enjoyed Miles Morales more than 1. Pacing felt better to me.

At least they’re moving on from Spiderman for Wolverine. I’m not mad at all. Looking forward to it. Logan is the man. Not sure how they’ll handle combat with the claws and all but I have faith they’ll do him justice.

Camreezie

People crying about this being just another capeshit probably cum in their pants over each new souls game.

Played about 7 hours today and this could be the best superhero game since Arkham City if it holds its quality over the entire playthrough

Last edited:

DryvBy

I'm having a weird bug where I can't switch to fidelity mode. It applies, restarts, then goes back to performance. Anyone else?

WoodyStare

I thought the first game and Miles Morales were good (not great), but the opening 20 minutes of this game were just exhilarating. One of the best openings of any game I’ve played.

DeepSpace5D

I'm having a weird bug where I can't switch to fidelity mode. It applies, restarts, then goes back to performance. Anyone else?
Are you on the initial setup before playing? This was an issue for a couple of us in here. If that’s the case, just start the game in performance mode and when you can, change it while in-game. Solved it for me.

damidu

yeah, had same issue.
go to ps5 settings - system defaults - you are probably set to performance - change it to game default.
that fixes it, you can then change it in the game.
hogwarts had the same bug i think

Last edited:
Top Bottom