• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGA Tour 2015 |OT| Tiger pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you need to know about 2014:

Major Winners:
- Masters: Bubba Watson
- US Open: Martin Kaymer
- The Open: Rory McIlroy
- PGA Championship: Rory McIlroy

Year End Awards:
- Player of The Year: Rory McIlroy
- Rookie of The Year: Chesson Hadley
- Fed Ex Cup Winner: Billy Horschel

Current World Ranking:
1.) Rory McIlroy
2.) Henrik Stenson
3.) Adam Scott
4.) Bubba Watson
5.) Sergio Garcia
6.) Justin Rose
7.) Jim Furyk
8.) Jason Day
9.) Jordan Spieth
10.) Rickie Fowler

What you need to know about 2015:

Tiger got a new "Swing Consultant"

TigerWoodsChrisComo-HeroWorldChallenge-2014-459878884-620.jpg

Notable Tournaments:

January 29 - Waste Management Phoenix Open

February 5 - Farmers Insurance Open
February 12 - AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am
February 26 - The Honda Classic

March 5 - WGC Cadillac Championship
March 19 - Arnold Palmer Invitational

April 9 - Masters Tournament
April 29 - WGC Cadillac Match Play

May 7 - The Players Championship

June 18 - US Open - Chambers Bay, University Place, WA

July 16 - The Open Championship - St. Andrews Links (Old Course), Fife, Scotland

August 6 - WGC Bridgestone Invitational
August 13 - PGA Championship - Whistling Straits, Sheboygan, WI

September 17 - BMW Championship
September 24 - Tour Championship, East Lake GC, Atlanta, GA

October 8 - The President's Cup, GC Korea, Songdo IBD, Incheon City, Korea

NYR

Rory's rise last year was awesome, but damn do I ever wish we had a healthy Tiger on the tour, Last year was a bit boring for me, 2013 was fantastic.

I doubt Tiger comes back, he is just too old now, and fucked up by hiring and firing so many shitty coaches.

I'm not sure Rory actually ever wins a Masters.

The ghosts of 2011 might leave him too mindfucked. Like Phil and the U.S. Open.

Things I'm looking for in 2015:

1) Will Tiger play a full schedule? Not even win a tournament, but just get through a year healthy.

2) Will any of the Old Guard win a major? Meaning: Tiger, Phil, Vijay, Retief Goosen, Ernie Els, Steve Stricker, Stewart Cink, Henrik Stenson, Sergio Garcia, Ian Poulter, Luke Donald, etc.etc.

3) Will Rickie Fowler or Jordan Spieth become the next American golf superstar?

brerwolfe

1) Will Tiger play a full schedule? Not even win a tournament, but just get through a year healthy.

2) Will any of the Old Guard win a major? Meaning: Tiger, Phil, Vijay, Retief Goosen, Ernie Els, Steve Stricker, Stewart Cink, Henrik Stenson, Sergio Garcia, Ian Poulter, Luke Donald, etc.etc.

For #1, tiger said at his presser at the Hero World Challenge a few weeks ago that his schedule will be busier than it's been in recent years.

#2, hard to say. That being said, Mickelson nearly won the PGA Championship last year at 44 years old. I think these guys still got it.

#3, Spieth impresses the shit outta me every time I see him. He can wear his caddie out sometimes, but he's unreal.

No
Yes
No

entremet

Rory's rise last year was awesome, but damn do I ever wish we had a healthy Tiger on the tour, Last year was a bit boring for me, 2013 was fantastic.

I doubt Tiger comes back, he is just too old now, and fucked up by hiring and firing so many shitty coaches.

HIs ridiculous workouts also killed his body. Dude was pretty dumb in that respect.

I still hopes he catches Jack at least.

Reportedly Tiger's gunning to return to the Greatest Party in Golf at TPC Scottsdale next month.

I'd personally love to see him play more of these tournaments he grew up on in the Tour like Scottsdale, Riviera (which he may or may not be still ducking), the Pebble pro-am, the Byron Nelson in DFW

brerwolfe

It's not news if Robert Streb changes swing coaches/consultants, but it's kind of a big deal if Tiger/Phil/Rory does. Hell, people got excited when they found out Fowler went to Butch Harmon.

Tiger getting rid of Foley was big news. Get over it.

brerwolfe

Reportedly Tiger's gunning to return to the Greatest Party in Golf at TPC Scottsdale next month.

I'd personally love to see him play more of these tournaments he grew up on in the Tour like Scottsdale, Riviera (which he may or may not be still ducking), the Pebble pro-am, the Byron Nelson in DFW
It's official!

I'm hesitant and pumped at the same time. Hesitant because the WM Open is happening the same week as the Super Bowl, which means there's gonna be more than a few people at an already packed tournament that was incredibly difficult to navigate last year.. They announced in the media center last year that Saturday's spectator attendance reached 179k. With all these people descending on Phoenix for the week there's sure to be some spill-over on the course.

But as a fan, this shit is gonna be exciting. I noted in a previous post that Tiger says his schedule is gonna be busier this year, I just figured he was gonna show up at the normal tournaments and maybe add one or two more. Playing the WM, a tournament he hasn't been to in 13 years, is pretty big.

Anyone underestimating Spieth at this point is a fool. Between his wins and top 10 finishes, he's ripping shit up left and right. Yeah, Majors, blah, blah. Golf is about grinding out seasons, not single weekends (see the Mike Weirs of the world, among many other Major champs).

Tiger's short game is killing him.

+4 through his first 4 holes of 2015

Sad to see the one-time on the path to GOAT struggle like this. I feel like I'm watching Willie Mays stumbling in the outfield.

Tiger is a psychopath.

He has the same exact stance and ball position just outside the bunker, the same swing that he pulled his back on and had to get surgery, and he swings at it as hard as he can like a maniac.

Why even attempt it. Just punch it 50 yards and call it a day.

Tiger is a psychopath.

He has the same exact stance and ball position just outside the bunker, the same swing that he pulled his back on and had to get surgery, and he swings at it as hard as he can like a maniac.

Why even attempt it. Just punch it 50 yards and call it a day.

That's pretty spot on.

brerwolfe

I was on 16 when Molinari hit the hole-in-one a little bit ago. Just got back to the media center and uploaded my photo--

10968319_10153056581343259_2485538319612544118_n.jpg

Never seen one before. That was unreal. Had goosebumps for 10 minutes. Awesome!

boxter432

I was on 16 when Molinari hit the hole-in-one a little bit ago. Just got back to the media center and uploaded my photo--

10968319_10153056581343259_2485538319612544118_n.jpg

Never seen one before. That was unreal. Had goosebumps for 10 minutes. Awesome!

I'm buddies with the guys in the Vikings jerseys who lead all the chants.

brerwolfe

I'm buddies with the guys in the Vikings jerseys who lead all the chants.

I shot a feature about them last year, Mike and Dave. We interviewed them at 630 in the morning, then came back later to get some footage of them chanting. They ended up doing one for me, it was a pretty cool moment. Good guys.

1601074_10152199880863259_1493087779_n.jpg

Derpyduck

Banned
thank goodness the majors don't attract these unruly redneck crowds

The majors have tons of idiots screaming garbage after every hit though. If it was cheering, I wouldn't mind, but when it's the constant non-sensical bullshit it gets real old.

Could you imagine some hooligans throwing beer and chanting at the 16th at Augusta?

Those old geezers would have a collective heart attack while Bobby Jones turned in his grave.

I'm sure seeing a black man playing instead of caddying would be enough to set Bobby a-spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom