• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGA Tour 2016 |OT| Tour Wars: Revenge Of The Spieth

Status
Not open for further replies.
they penalized him anyway

fuck off USGA that is some bullshit

Yep. Wasn't a penalty. Oficials just said the time between him soling the putter and the ball moving was "immediate". No, it wasn't. He soled the putter parallel to the ball and then hovered it behind the ball. The ball moved backwards towards the putter, not towards where the putter was initially soled. Those guys are idiots. It's called fast greens and gravity.

And just like last year, the USGA has egg on their face from outside factors making a mockery of the event. (First the course at Chambers Bay, now this DJ controversy.)

..does anyone really give a shit? I doubt DJ does.

Maybe not the casual fan, but the fact that the players do and are voicing their complaints about the USGA says a lot. And once again, the fact that once more the USGA has had to go around controversy during the weekend is not showing well.

brerwolfe

..does anyone really give a shit? I doubt DJ does.
DJ didn't give a fuck. Everyone in the interview room kept asking him about different scenarios, or his thoughts on blah, or when would he have wanted to find out if he was penalized, or what about notable players going to bat for him.

He just kept saying none of it mattered because he won anyway. He also said that when they mentioned they had to look at it once he finished that he figured there was nothing he could do about it, so keep trying to hit great shots and not worry about anything until he's done.

He DID admit to a fleeting thought of "oh no not again" and said, "sure, add another to the list."

LordAmused

Phil Mickelson is on fire! -7 after 16. Nice to see him up there on the leaderboard, he is one of my favorite golfer.

Though his play has a tendancy of getting worse as the rounds go by. Should be pretty exciting.

And Jesus, coverage starts at 1AM on Golf Channel and goes on until 4:00PM.
Have a good Open, gentlemen.

Anno

This is some great golf. I'd be happy with either winning, I just hope they both keep it up and we don't have one spiral off with a couple doubles or something.

It is really unfortunate that 1 of these 2 had to lose. Both played with some serious moxie.

Congrats to Stenson for going out and getting the win.

Anno

What an amazing round to watch. Don't get too many duels like that, it's some historic stuff. Henrik definitely deserves this win, and I'm glad to see him congratulating Phil for what was a major that probably wins 95/100 times.

Since we've seen two guys who had been missing out on majors for years and years finally break through in the last two majors, I'm going to place my bets on Lee Westwood winning the PGA.

ShaneB

Hoped for an exciting Sunday at the Canadian Open and it's definitely looking that way.

Let's go Jared du Toit!

ShaneB

It's the national championship.. How can there be no television coverage for the next hour right in the middle of the final round!?!?? Insane.

brerwolfe

FINALLY for Vegas. He was my pick to win last week at the Barbasol but he couldn't get his shit together on Sunday. He's one of the legitimate good guys on Tour, hard not to root for those types of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom