• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Regiruler

B5FWKfnCcAAZeYq.png:large

And all is currently right with the world.

Yup, I read it earlier. It is very interested indeed.
The W101 team and Bayonetta 2 team are different. We know that because they said they were trying to beat each other on which team will bring the most OTT game.
Now we know that Scalebound team and W101 team are different. Wtf is the W101 team doing atm?

Well, I don't think Platinum really has "teams". They just pull people from around the company to work on stuff. I'm sure some of the people who worked on W101 are currently working on Scalebound and others are working on other Platinum projects.

Lernaean

Banned
Well, I don't think Platinum really has "teams". They just pull people from around the company to work on stuff. I'm sure some of the people who worked on W101 are currently working on Scalebound and others are working on other Platinum projects.

No, they don't have 'teams' per se, but they did have a team of devs working on W101 and a different team of devs working on Bayonetta 2. Now they have a team of devs working on Scalebound that is not the same team of devs working on W101, so these devs must be in another project, that's all.

They probably joined MGR2 and/or other project's teams.

You want me to start screaming like a groupie now, don't you?

Golnei

That would be amazing. Of all the past games P* and Clover have made, Okami is the one I want a sequel of the most.

If it's as stylistically and mechanically refined as Bayonetta was compared to DMC1 or W101 to Viewtiful Joe; it could be an easy contender for their best work - and that's not exactly a low bar to clear.

Golnei

I don't know about you guys, but Tag Climax is something I want to see in character action games going forward.

It's amazing. Could do with a solo mode in addition to the CPU and maybe some sort of Saltybet-esque spectator mode, but being able to bet on a series of escalating encounters with any enemy type in the game is an absolutely perfect fit with character action games' design philosophy and inherent replayability. I wonder if Scalebound will expand the concept - for some reason, 2v2 PVP seems like it'd fit what it's going for, though that's a tenuous assumption based on almost nothing.

Lernaean

Banned
I wonder if Scalebound will expand the concept - for some reason, 2v2 PVP seems like it'd fit what it's going for, though that's a tenuous assumption based on almost nothing.

Scalebound is 100% multiplayer, I'm certain. What i'm not certain is if it's a character action game.

Ushiwaka

Scalebound is 100% multiplayer, I'm certain. What i'm not certain is if it's a character action game.

100% multiplayer? Like Titanfall? :p Cause that would be a letdown. Well, based on what we know, it is certainly not going to be a Bayo/DMC-esque game. (at least the combat will not be as deep as Bayo/DMC.)
Based on what Kamiya said about the game being a really huge idea or something like that, I guess its an open world (or at least a semi-open world) game. Since that would be a pretty big job for a studio like Platinum, it would explain the Microsoft's development team's involvement too. Just my two cents.

Ushiwaka

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just want to hear more about Scalebound.
I mean, I won't be able to play it for a long time (until the Xbox One is really cheap) but I just want to see what Kamiya's been up to (besides Twitter)

Ushiwaka

Akiko Kuroda (Platinum Games)
Known for: Bayonetta 2

“I’ve started work on my next project, but it’s going to be a little while before it’s ready for showtime. I’m hoping to have more new developments for Bayonetta during 2015, so keep an eye out for that!”

Yusuke Hashimoto (Platinum Games)
Known for: Bayonetta series

“I’ve actually got a new title in the works as we speak! We’re working really hard to make it something people will absolutely want to play for themselves, so we hope to keep having the support of our fans in 2015!”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=960013

Guysssssssssss

Those "new Bayonetta developments" are probably Bayo PC and Bayo 2 DLC. But dat new Hashimoto project tho... I hope its a new IP.

Scalebound
Hashimoto's new game
New Bayonetta stuff
Probably MGR2

The year of Platinum is coming.

JMTHEFOX

I bought Metal Gear Rising Revengence on Steam during the Encore Sale since I loved MGS4 so that means I have joined the Platnium club.

Lernaean

Banned
I bought Metal Gear Rising Revengence on Steam during the Encore Sale since I loved MGS4 so that means I have joined the Platnium club.

Barely. You have to make an offer of blood to the Platinum Shrine first and speak your allegiance using the dark tongue, but buying Rising is a good start.

Coda

Man, I need a friend who will let me borrow his/her Xbox One when Scalebound comes out. It just sounds like it'll be epic.

abadguy

Banned
They are hyping Scalebound way too goddamn much. I mean, I don't have any doubt in Kamiya (I have doubt in MS though) but come on, calling it "game of the all-time" even before we see any gameplay footage sets the bar way too high.

More like K Lobb himself is hyped to shit over the game based on what he's played/seen. As far as MS hype goes it hasn't even begun yet. If this tells me anything Scalebound will be an important game in the xbox portfolio and that they are going to push it as they do their other AAA games. This is a good thing.

Top Bottom