• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$200 Refurbished Wii U's Available Through Nintendo (1 Yr Warranty Included)

These have been up for ages. I have to imagine it's a bunch of "new old stock" from the original Nintendo Land deluxe bundles that collected dust on so many retailer shelves during the lean times.

purg3

slept with Malkin
very tempting since this is direct from nintendo and has a warranty. Normally wouldn't consider refurb stuff, but this seems like a good deal.

Refurbished systems with screens (like Wii U Gamepad and DS/3DS) usualyl get their screens repaired right?

I dont want to order one and have the screen with some minor scratches in it.

bob page

Refurbished systems with screens (like Wii U Gamepad and DS/3DS) usualyl get their screens repaired right?

I dont want to order one and have the screen with some minor scratches in it.

Mine was brand new- no signs that it was ever used, not even one hairline scratch on the console or controller.

I'm assuming they're just leftover launch stock that they never sold.

DedValve

Banned
Word of the wise, the one I have has massive screen tearing issue. Every WiiU game has screen tearing but when in wii mode (or if I restart the system/unplug and replug the hdmi) the screen tearing goes away.

I've tried every solution and it is the consoles fault. I have to send it in to Nintendo to replace or fix but

A) I don't want to lose my Wind Waker DD title
B) I'm still playing WW

Other than that the console itself was flawless. No previous sign of use.

Kyne

Waiting for Smash Wii bundle.

Actually... I wonder if that controller+game+adapter will make them stray away from a game+console bundle.. damn.

It is old. But I will add that I bought one and have been completely satisfied. It arrived in like-new condition and has worked great. Not a fingerprint on it.

27Xv5ZX.jpg

cBJWzN3.jpg

Cm8nseq.jpg

mCCAXcO.jpg

w0YOU9A.jpg

xPcuGh1.jpg

sBFXBVL.jpg

Etzer

I don't know why, but "PRODUCTO RECONSTRUIDO" makes me more wary than "REFURBISHED PRODUCT". "Reconstruido" sounds like it was destroyed and then reassembled. lol

J3ffro

Bear with me for a little cocktail napkin math.

Okay, so this is $200 with Nintendo Land, but no extra controllers whereas the MK8 bundle is $330, but comes with Mk and a Wii Mote and wheel.

In that case the refurb effectively costs $175, since Nintendo Land appears to be ~$25ish. The bundle system is effectively $225, since MK is $60, and the Wii Mote plus and wheel are ~$45. The free game that comes with MK is a wash since if you spend the $60 on the standalone game it comes just the same.

I'm interested in Nintendo Land, so that's a built in bonus, it's not like having to pay for something you don't really want.

Seems like a good deal to save $50 on the system to go factory warranty refurb. Not really sure about the whole coin thing, if that's worth a damn or not, but I'm guessing its nowhere worth $50.

The refurbs are basically the Nintendo Land bundles that were phased out in favor of the WindwakER/NSMBU bundles and returned to them.

fauxtrot

Banned
Damnit! Why did I have to see this today? This and E3 was the 1, 2 punch I needed to get on board with Nintendo again.

Sendou

true.... when those games come out.

There's plenty of games out right now to justify the jump. Upcoming games just solidify it a bit because some people were worried Nintendo was going to essentially kill Wii U leaving 2015 without releases.

There's plenty of games out right now to justify the jump. Upcoming games just solidify it a bit because some people were worried Nintendo was going to essentially kill Wii U leaving 2015 without releases.
Zelda is my entry point... hopefully Metroid won't be far behind.

Schryver

Zelda is my entry point... hopefully Metroid won't be far behind.

I wish :/
I'm tempted by this but I might just get the MK8 bundle instead because I need a Wiimote Plus and would prefer a brand new console (and I have a Target gift card). Gotta decide before the end of the month if I am going to jump in so I can get my free Wind Waker.

berval

I just got mine about week ago and it looked band new. I also got 160 points for it on Club Nintendo. Took about a week to ship (SoCal).

GeeDuhb

I'm pretty sure they've had these for a longggg while, no?

This has been up for a while. I got one a few weeks ago and it looks brand new.

Yes, they have, and I believe there already is a thread...but that's ok, because what better time to re-inform people about it, especially when a ton of people are probably about to pull the trigger.

I think... I'm going to bite.

DO IT

Mine was brand new- no signs that it was ever used, not even one hairline scratch on the console or controller.

I'm assuming they're just leftover launch stock that they never sold.

Yes, I want to second this. Seriously, if you are even thinking of getting a WiiU, this is a fantastic deal. I bought one (my second, after trading in the first) last Monday. Shipping was extremely fast (from Washington to California) and I got it on Friday. As bob page said, mine was brand new. Like I seriously look so closely at every piece of the console and gamepad, and I could not find any signs that it had been used. And the copy of Nintendo Land was brand new (which shouldn't really be a surprise, but still.)

So seriously people, buy this bundle! Don't even hesitate because of the world "refurbished."This is the best deal around, especially if you already have Wiimotes and such.

One thing to note which I didn't realize when I bought, this is the deluxe system, but it doesn't include the gamepad stand/charging cradle. However, Amazon has them for $7.95 (the official Nintendo ones,) so I bought one of them and was happy!

How much is shipping?

Standard is $5, 2 day is $10.

co1onel

Really old deal, but I just got mine in the mail today. Still updating, but the system itself is in perfect condition. The sticker on the back of the Wii U gamepad is the only thing that gives away the fact its not new as its looks slightly worn.

Top Bottom