• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Resident Evil 4 aka I regret calling this game overrated

Cheddahz

Banned
re4banner.jpg

I finally started up Resident Evil 4, yeah...I'm finding it to be a tad overrated. The game so far hasn't really been anything that special, the shooting mechanics in the game suck, and the beginning of this game is rather boring....I wasn't looking to be a typical TPS, I wanted a survival horror game. Starting to think that I might just call it quits on this one soon (I'm on Chapter 1-2)

EDIT: I'm really enjoying the game now, all of the controls feel perfect to me and I'm not playing the game like a usual FPS, I'm playing it more like a "survival" game (trying not to use many bullets and depending on the knife for most things). Overall, I feel like I missed out on a gem I could had played many years ago

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You're very early into a game that can be around 20 hours long. I don't think you've even fought a boss yet, and the game is loaded with a good variety of them.

hachi

Banned
re4banner.jpg

I finally started up Resident Evil 4, yeah...I'm finding it to be a tad overrated. The game so far hasn't really been anything that special, the shooting mechanics in the game suck, and the beginning of this game is rather boring....I wasn't looking to be a typical TPS, I wanted a survival horror game. Starting to think that I might just call it quits on this one soon (I'm on Chapter 1-2)

Which version? HD? Wii?

Did you play the prior games in the franchise, and how did you find them?

And so forth. Some context would help. :)

braves01

Banned
You actually might as well stop if you really don't like it, because the beginning is the best part. And RE4 is the og tps, tps games became 'typical' after RE4 (and Gears).

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
re4banner.jpg

Not the game's fault you had false expectations.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
No, no, no. You do not get to press start, watch the opening cutscene, and then come onto the forum and complain about "GAF."

Chrysalis

This should be fun.

RE4 is a tad overrated, but you can't play it now and expect to be wowed in the way people were upon release. It's why I will never understand the enthusiasm over FF6. I missed the moment.

Carl

Just noticed you're only on 1-2. I read it as 2-1.

At least play an hour of the sodding game first.

I started playing it for the first time last month (HD version on PS3) and I fell in love with it almost instantly. Such a well polished, well made game - something that's been lacking in games this gen IMO

Dahbomb

Making sweeping statements about the game and GAF in general from 20-30 minutes of game play of a potential 20 hour game.

Yea ok buddy.

brinstar

I'm really surprised you went into this fresh expecting a survival horror. I mean, I feel like whenever RE4 comes up on this forum or anywhere, its huge shift in gameplay comes up along with it.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I know first impressions are important and all but holy shit, sit back down and play a little.

And GAF oversold you on the game but you didn't know it was a TPS? This is bonkers.

re4banner.jpg

Wrong game.

Edit: Also 1-2? Fuck that.

Narag

I finally started

I'm glad you're having fun and enjoying the game as you currently are It's well regarded and I'm sure you'll see why. I noticed there's more to your post but I wanted to stop and say this much before reading your first post any further as I'm sure the rest couldn't possibly sway the opinion I have right now.

MYE

I finally started up Resident Evil 4, yeah...I'm finding it to be a tad overrated. .........................................................................................and the beginning of this game is rather boring.........................................
................................. Starting to think that I might just call it quits on this one soon
(I'm on Chapter 1-2)

(I'm on Chapter 1-2)
This Game Is Overrated

D9QvI.gif

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wow, hardly scratched the surface of the game, and that's enough to give you an opinion of the whole game? Come on now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1-2... really.

AlexBasch

First RE and it's 4?

Boy, I wonder what you might think of the older ones now.

And no, GAF didn't overrate it, it's a great game, if you don't like it, shut the damn console off. You're not worthy of it.

Next up: LTTP thread on Super Mario Bros. after player has reached World 1-2
You endured that much? I couldn't bear with the pacing and the horrible writing.

I hope you got some flame retardant clothes on, OP. How about you come back after playing a couple more full chapters before spouting this nonsense?

Top Bottom