• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite Resident Evil antagonist?

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I never usually see people say that the person I'm about to name is their favorite Resident Evil villain, but I really am partial to William Birkin. Resident Evil 2 was my first and favorite Resident Evil game, so that may explain why he's my choice, but something about the following series of events is simple and cool enough for me to enjoy his character:

Events of RE2

-William Birkin works on a virus
-People try to, if I remember correctly, confiscate his work
-He injects himself and murders them
-He appears in the police station and frequently taunts you, transforming into many different states throughout the course of the game
-Dies looking like a gigantic vagina with teeth

I would have nominated Wesker had RE5 not destroyed his character. I really liked his development in RE1 and Code Veronica. Afterward? Nah.

Edit: I totally respect everyone's choice of Wesker, and I can even understand why. But for me, I find that he was more enjoyable when what he was capable of was teased rather than fully fleshed out in RE5.

Levito

Banned
Iceman from Top Gun is my favorite Resident Evil antagonist.

AlbertWesker_00.jpg

holysan

"Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you."
"You can't hide forever!"
"CHRIIIS!!!"
"I don't need anyone else. I have Uroboros!"

RE5 Wesker is the best.

Ralemont

not me
Nemesis following you through rooms broke all the holy laws of gaming. Scared the shit out of me and brought an element of dread missing from other REs.

Moofers

Wesker in the sense that he's so goofy and such a Matrix ripoff that I kind of love him. I don't take him seriously though. I mean he's sort of the embodiment of everything I hate about the current state of the series. But still, he's such a ham I just sort of love him anyway.

In terms of a villain I actually like and respect within the series, I think Nemesis takes the cake. I like that Mr. X guy from RE2 as well, but Nemesis was kind of the perfection of that model.

frontovik

Banned
Zombies. They follow you through so many of the games.

edit: specifically, the first zombie that you encounter in the Mansion.

A_zombie_from_the_remake_of_the_first_Resident_Evil_game.png

Jawmuncher

smile_wesker_by_jillvalentinere5-d3e4log.jpg

"Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you."
Man it's fucking bullshit were probably never going to get such a great antagonist ever again.

3508216-1389301-nemesis.jpg

Second up is definitely Nemesis though.
Ustanak wishes he was that cool.

Carbonox

Heh, was just saying in the other thread about Wesker as my favourite character in the series overall...

RE5 Wesker and DMC4 Dante are my favourite Capcom characters of the last several years.

Absolute shame Wesker was killed off. Guy had legit swag in RE5 and the fight scenes were a hoot to watch. RE5 really was an end of an era in many ways. Last good RE game, closed a long-running arc we started in RE1, the demise of the primary villain, etc. Shit went downhill quickly afterwards in just about every way.

Alfred Ashford was creepy as fuck. Quite liked him.

From a gameplay perspective Nemesis was great too.

It's really hard not to throw all the love at Wesker. I personally don't like how his motives decayed in RE5, but he strikes the right balance between refined and hammy as hell in most of the latter games. Great villain.

Will also cast some love to Sadler. Doesn't get too much of a mention anymore, but he was really good at being a smug snake throughout RE4, and the moments where he snaps were always fun. The banter between he and Leon was a big part of what made the game for me.

Top Bottom