• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite Resident Evil antagonist?

Bumhead

Banned
Nemesis and Mr X are two of my favourite creations from across gaming, but I feel they don't properly fit "antagonist" as a description.

So, it's Wesker.

AdaWong

Completely disappointed not a single person so far brought up The Trolling Queen: Carla Radames.

Wesker is the only acceptable answer here. Honorable mention to Mr. X though, those scripted moments when he'd bust through Walls or when you looked through a security feed only to see him coming up behind your location were terrifying.

Even with the butchering I gotta say he was still the most enjoyable thing about afterlife.
Beginning and the end of that movie are all I remember.

At least he's well cast. A bit on the short side, but the right level if suave to massive ham IMO.

I personally have to give best antagonist to the Nemesis though. Brilliantly nasty, relentless bastard that he was.

I do love Wesker though, but I do have to deduct marks for his incredibly stupid plans in RE5. Kind of took him into daft cartoon villain territory for me.

RE2/3 had great persistent villains for you to actually fight - G-Type, Mr. X, Nemesis were all brilliant. Best villain personalities have to be Salazar and Saddler from RE4, though.

I will never for the life of me understand why people like Wesker so much. Dude's a walking cliché, and Umbrella was way more interesting when it was relatively faceless.

latest

Krauser. Never forget that knife fight.

HeelPower

Excella Gionne by faaaaaar.

Playing as her in Mercenaries is the best thing evaa.Incredibly fun character design and Voice acting.

I am very salty about her death.I hope she comes back somehow..Find a way capcom.

Excella_Gionne.jpg

tumblr_mgtubqadlz1rqdof9o2_250.gif

tumblr_mgtubqadlz1rqdof9o7_250.gif

tumblr_mx5cq3lwZO1sm3ztfo1_500.gif

Draft

I know we all had a good laugh at total global saturation of whatever, but Wesker was ruined by the later RE games. He worked as the duplicitous leader of S.T.A.R.S. in Resident Evil. He worked as a flashback scumbag in RE0. He sort of worked as a jobber in RECV. Then in RECVX he's having magical karate fights with Alma and in RE5 he hams up every scene, is part of some truly bad boss fights, and generally acts Lord Zedd until getting blown up like every other ultimate bad guy in a RE game. Not a hot look.

The best RE antagonist is Krauser.

Pee-pants: Nemesis

Cheese: Salazar (We've jacked the liiiiiine)

Overall: Krauser, he was a badass. Loved the QTE knife fight, loved how hitting him with the knife during the final fight did a ton of extra damage.

strafer

Pee-pants: Nemesis

Cheese: Salazar (We've jacked the liiiiiine)

Overall: Krauser, he was a badass. Loved the QTE knife fight, loved how hitting him with the knife during the final fight did a ton of extra damage.

I actually never knew you could beat him with the knife.

Think I did it on my fourth playthrough.

First time I just sprayed him with bullets.

Vade

Krauser was a wonderful boss; had a unique entrance, knife fight QTEs, and on professional his multi-stage bosses fight was tuned to a near perfect degree.

Shredderi

Wesker is a fun personality as an antagonist but after playing RE3 for the first time ever last year I gotta go with motherfucking Nemesis. Goddamn the panic when he burst out of whatever he was bursting out of at the time!

spider-1tmlysp.jpg

Took years off my life going through the sewers in RE2. In terms of an "actual" villain though, I'd say Nemesis.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

I was on the phone with a friend about to go down the first ladder in the sewers, the one in the kennel. I wanted him to tell me where they are, how many and to just have a buddy to help me throught this.

Even the ones in REmake, I look off-screen because I can't look at them straight.

Goddamn phobia. :(

Top Bottom