• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade Sales Thread

thorns

Banned
Maybe a rather useless thread, but seeing how sales obssesed GAF is, I thought I'd make it anyway. So, I only own two arcade games now, and when I bought Geometry Wars I did a score of 0 to see the bottom of the score board. Of course there might test/developer etc. accounts but I don't think these would be more than 100 or so. Using a similar technique for Marble Blast Ultra (the other game I own), I got the following numbers for sales:

I'll include the numbers in $ as well..

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 72,000 $360,000
Marble Blast Ultra 32,800 $328,000

Feel free to update this thread with more numbers, like when you buy a new arcade game.

Sean

Banned
Thanks for the numbers, I was wondering how well these games sold.

Geometry Wars is incredible. Just less then a month ago (Jan 12th) it was at 45k and now its at 72k. Marble Blast Ultra sales are even more impressive considering the game has been out just two weeks (or less?) and it costs twice as much as Geo Wars.

Really great news for Live Arcade! Hopefully more publishers notice and start pumping out the games. I want to see some beat-em-ups and more then just puzzle games.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sean said:
Thanks for the numbers, I was wondering how well these games sold.

Geometry Wars is incredible. Just less then a month ago (Jan 12th) it was at 45k and now its at 72k. Marble Blast Ultra sales are even more impressive considering the game has been out just two weeks (or less?) and it costs twice as much as Geo Wars.

Really great news for Live Arcade! Hopefully more publishers notice and start pumping out the games. I want to see some beat-em-ups and more then just puzzle games.

How about we see something other then shooters like Geo Wars?

thorns

Banned
Mutant Storm Reloaded, the lowest ranked is 17000.

I'm in love with XBLA! (with the new/original games, I don't really care about the old games).

The only problem is it's TOO easy to spend money on arcade games...

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
A couple of updates

Bejeweled 2 44,152 (as of yesterday)
Geometry Wars 110,700 (as of early last week)

I'd be interested in seeing updates from other people too. Or is this informaion buried somewhere in the big Live Arcade thread?

thorns

Banned
I've realized this information is not 100% accurate though, since you can post two scores with two different profiles conntected to live on the same machine. So there's a margin of error. (10%-20%?)

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
thorns said:
I've realized this information is not 100% accurate though, since you can post two scores with two different profiles conntected to live on the same machine. So there's a margin of error. (10%-20%?)

I understand there may be some double up in there, but the margin of error is likely to be negligible and at the end of the day its the closest thing we have to sales figures (even if its just an approximation). At the very least, it demonstrates the rough sales distribution between titles.

So I'd still appreciate numbers if anyone has them (doing some rough sales modelling).

Top Bottom