• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you shower at your gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Surprised how many don't do this. The never nude thing is a joke, right?

But it's really relaxing and it's nice using the gym products, which are more high end that my normal stuff. Plus sauna and steam room access if your gym has one.

Moreover, it's so uncomfortable putting on clothing in sweat. Gross.

You don't have to be naked like the older folks lol. Just to the underwear shuffle that many people do.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Of course I do.
I also don't care to wear clothes in the shower like a weirdo.

I've got nothing to hide.

Viewt

I always do, unless I'm going straight home afterwards. I go before work, so getting into my regular clothes all sweaty and just going about my day feels unhygienic and gross.

EDIT: In terms of being naked, I do sometimes see guys wearing their gym clothes until they get in the shower, and taking their change of clothes with them. I feel like I wouldn't be able to avoid getting my change of clothes super wet, so it seems needless. You see all body types in there, so I don't understand the insecurity behind it, but I also generally don't care. It's not like I get mad at duders who can't go nuders.

captainpat

I live 5 mins away from my gym so no. Even if it was further still no since I usually go to the gym after my work is done.

bigkrev

The gym I belong to for years had gangbang showers, and I never used them unless I was in a bathing suit (like if I was going swimming). The gym I belong to now has really nice showers so I usually take one if i'm not in a rush, even if I am heading directly home

entremet

The gym I belong to for years had gangbang showers, and I never used them unless I was in a bathing suit (like if I was going swimming). The gym I belong to now has really nice showers so I usually take one if i'm not in a rush, even if I am heading directly home
What?!

jabuseika

So is that a yes or no?

ff7aeabcade6f5bb3395a5ac847ae9a6.png

Dali

I don't think the underlying mindsight that lead the op to create this thread really applies to the gym I go to because it has stalls for showers, but if I have need (as in it wasn't a journey to get sweaty then just head home) then yeah I've showered at my gym before.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I work in the gym industry. I do use the showers, but I make sure I wear sandals and all of my own products. Don't touch the floor. Trust me.

Wulfric

I can't drive home sweaty (especially in winter) so I usually hop in the sauna and then shower afterwards. It's a university gym so there's never any saggy old man balls hanging about.

Hazmat

I do, but my gym's showers are private (stalls with shower curtains). If they were totally open I'd probably just shower at home.

ew there is poop and pee on every surface and farts clinging to the humidity in the air so you are always breathing them in and there is athlete's foot and you are almost certainly being surreptitiously filmed and at the very least somebody is going to try and make small talk with you and it will be awkward. I exercise out in the world like a free human, and I shower at home in a proper water closet.

Galang

Banned
ew there is poop and pee on every surface and farts clinging to the humidity in the air so you are always breathing them in and there is athlete's foot and you are almost certainly being surreptitiously filmed and at the very least somebody is going to try and make small talk with you and it will be awkward. I exercise out in the world like a free human, and I shower at home in a proper water closet.

Agreed. You've pretty much addressed everything lol

digdug2k

I used to work out at Crunch during my lunch hour, so... yeah. Since I don't like being smelly at work.

But those showers weren't the luxurious things I'm hearing about here. Open stalls. Mixed with no stalls at all. All uncomfortably close to one another. Not my favorite experience. Even with that though, I still thought the guys who changed under their towels were silly.

The gym showers are full of old naked men who have no issue chatting to each whilst their dicks flop around. Of course I don't.

Galang

Banned
I used to work out at Crunch during my lunch hour, so... yeah. Since I don't like being smelly at work.

But those showers weren't the luxurious things I'm hearing about here. Open stalls. Mixed with no stalls at all. All uncomfortably close to one another. Not my favorite experience. Even with that though, I still thought the guys who changed under their towels were silly.

My friend ended up on a tumblr page dedicated to taking videos of unsuspecting people in gym showers. He wouldn't have know about the videos if the person didn't make it public to them in the following weeks, but that doesn't make it any less creepy or right. I've been overly weirded out ever since .. completely understand changing under towels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom