• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Tee: No Hurdles, Just Games.

TTXPymI.jpg

Has this been posted before?

That t shirt official?

Yeah seems to be going out to developers.

So Sony has apparently been passing this tee out to developers.

Thought it was interesting given the whole DRM situation. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it tho and it's nothing more than Sony promoting their mature development tools and great development environment?

Let's discuss.

Gadirok

Maybe they were just talking about how its easier to get indie games onto the PS4 compared to MS's policies?

I don't think its regarding DRM.

Marleyman

Banned
Cool shirt. Just about indies, probably. They are positioning themselves nicely as the go to system for gamers. I guess we will see if the gaming public who doesn't follow message boards buys in.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
It's Sony promoting its dev-friendly self-publishing and Pub Fund efforts.

And it's designed by GAFer Cory Schmitz!

Eusis

Be nice if they make one for gamers too.
Yeah, friendly for devs =/= friendly for gamers.

Buuut if they don't require dialing home all the time then at worst it'd probably still be a very good digital indie machine whether or not retail games were bogged down with DRM.

holyfire

Banned
Maybe they were just talking about how its easier to get indie games onto the PS4 compared to MS's policies?

I don't think its regarding DRM.

I don't understand why Sony is chasing after indie developers, if the ps4 is indie focused like their Vita, we are all in deep shit, hopefully MS's new console will have proper games.

If having no used games and internet DRM means no indie games sign me the fuck up.

Into

E3 swag!

Lets see if they adopt the same mantra towards their costumers, always online is at least out since they denied that a million times but DRM is still up in there, people are still nervous about it.

We will see what happens, but cool t shirt none the less, sends a good message to the indies

Shiloa

It's very interesting.

It appears Sony are really trying to love up developers, MS are really trying to love up publishers.

ascii42

I don't understand why Sony is chasing after indie developers, if the ps4 is indie focused like their Vita, we are all in deep shit, hopefully MS's new console will have proper games.

Big 3rd parties will mostly be releasing games on both systems. Sony's probably getting indie devs as a way to differentiate the PS4 from the One beyond first party stuff.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

If having no used games and internet DRM means no indie games sign me the fuck up.
And why can't you have both indie games and "proper" games? lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Why not? It requires little effort to get them in the door and they can add a lot of games to the system's library.

Pennywise

Dude are you living under a rock ?
This isn't Bikini Bottom....

Take a look at the already confirmed games...the E3 is just around the corner as well.
Besides, alot of Indie games are a whole lot better than the "proper" games.

cebri.one

The PS1 era all over again. I really want them to succede this generation, this could be Sony's last platform. :(

Concept17

wut

I'm not big on indie games personally. But to not support them, and really support them is just stupid. Why not have every possible option for games on your platform? Some of the greatest games ever made were indie games. And yeah, PS4 is already garnering more developer support in all directions so far.

Steroyd

Wut? Where did this hostility towards indie devs come from?

And what is a "proper" game? Dudebro shooter #1352674?

Knoxcore

Why? Chances are today's indie developers are tomorrow Naughty Dog, Bethesda, Bungie etc.

Corto

I posted that earlier on the #nodrm thread. I think it could be a nice slogan directed to consumers also. "No hurdles. Just Games. PS♥ Gamers."

Top Bottom