• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian is out next month (for real this time. Maybe.)

There was a time where we weren’t sure if this game even existed anymore. The Last Guardian started development on the PlayStation 3 in 2007 and was officially announced during E3 2009. 6 years quietly passed and with each E3 we would ask each other the same thing:
2396282-9287106980-downl.gif

But then came E3 2015, in the same conference that brought us a remake of Final Fantasy 7 and the revival of Shenmue came a dream perhaps just as important, The Last Guardian. A powerful game about friendship and overcoming impossible odds, the story of a boy and his giant cat chicken thing, a third game from Team Ico (now known as genDESIGN)

Can it possibly live up to the hype? I don't know but without even playing it I can feel a bond between the boy and Trico, there's so much emotion and power behind this game. I've tried my best to stay clear of anything but E3 trailers and the wait is simply exhausting. The 9 year development of The Last Guardian is about to come to an end and I have a feeling it’ll be worth the wait.

I feel the hype has cooled dramatically in recent years, to point I worry how good the game actually is.

Guess we'll find out soon :)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Crazy to think that it's finally coming out. I won't be buying it since I'm not a fan of any of the studio's games, but I have a few friends that have been dying to play the game since it was initially revealed. I really hope it doesn't disappoint people.

I only actively started following gaming news around 2011 so I was a bit surprised to see the response to The Last Guardian as it didn't really stand out to me in what I've seen so far.

enkaisu

Banned
I'm glad it's coming out but I've come to realize I don't really care about the game anymore.

Just gimme a sequel to Shadow of the Colossus.

Expect a janky game, that is still kinda special.

Well, judging by previews that is.

EDit: They wouldn't have mentioned it at the PS Meeting if a delay was imminent.

silva1991

Until they announce it's delay at TGS...

seriously when is Sony TGS? in few days? they better announce the limited edition there.

Did they reassure it at the PS Neo conference?

Still has a chance to be pushed back tbh

not at the meeting, but there was a picture yesterday of games with Pro enhancements and TLG is one of them.

Nameless

No room on my plate at launch thanks to Souls and Battlefield but I'll pick it up before year's end for sure, reviews be dammed.

The Last Guardian loses chunks of its greatness as it nears an actual release. Soon it will run face first into reality, shattering the dreams of hundreds.

Kolx

Didn't the people who tried at e3 said it had many technical problems? hopefully they can fix it before launch or a delay is gonna be announced really soon.

Alienous

I hope it's good. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were great, but they could just be cutting their losses with this game given the troubled development.

JMY86

This game has been in development for a decade and I still have no idea what the heck it even is. I am not trying to troll I just do not understand this game at all.

Shikoba

I've kind of lost my interest in it after waiting for so long. I'll get it eventually, maybe some time in 2017, but I'm more interested in other games coming out for the rest for the year for now.

Top Bottom