• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S2 |OT| If this bitch sucks you, do you let her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
qoh7yv.jpg

vd2.jpg
vd4.jpg

i4esr8.jpg

23vzyb4.jpg
vd9.jpg

2uhp9tu.jpg
ir7xps.jpg

vd13.jpg
vd15.jpg

34hi07m.jpg

Sucks horribly in the beginning (Season 1), but then it becomes great midway through. Looking forward to Season 2. Surely I'm not the only one! (?)

Enosh

that's an awesome OP, looks like a lot of work went into it

or you just stole the pictures from somewhere else :p

still need to watch the first season, it's on my to do list...

EGM92

Bought the Blu-ray today for season one, my GF and I love the show. Hopefully season 2 has a lot more OMFG WTFBBQ!111!!11ONE!!!!1 moments :lol

Tokubetsu

Larson Conway said:
Sucks horribly in the beginning (Season 1), but then it becomes great midway through. Looking forward to Season 2. Surely I'm not the only one! (?)

Guilty :lol Exciting to see all the mistaken identity shenanigans!

Come out, VPD lovers! No need to be embarrassed by it! :p

@ Enosh, thanks! Made it from scratch, two hours tops. I'll be OTing Fringe next; oddly enjoying doing stuff like this. :D

EDIT:

Enosh said:
still need to watch the first season, it's on my to do list...
You should! Bear the first 3-4 episodes. They range from sucky to mediocre but then you see potential in the story when they set it up early on. And boy does the story become good. And the three main characters become more and more likable. Somerhalder in particular does a great job of making you care for his character but at the same hate him. Good stuff!

Only watched this because it was right before supernatural but now that supernatural moved to fridays I have no reason to watch this, they killed off that hot asian girl which was the only reason I kept watching for the last episodes :lol

fanboi

Banned
GhostRidah said:
Only watched this because it was right before supernatural but now that supernatural moved to fridays I have no reason to watch this, they killed off that hot asian girl which was the only reason I kept watching for the last episodes :lol

But... there are a lot of hot girls?!

GhostRidah said:
While I agree that small Asian girl is cute and likable, surely slutty version of Nina Dobrev is more than enough to get your hot girl dose. (!!)

Weenerz said:
Decent show, will definitely watch S2. I hope there aren't 500 town events like last season though.
Thing is, what MOTW is for shows like Fringe, town events are for this show. So it's like, hey, another week another town/school event/party!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh wow, didn't realize someone made a thread for this. Show was my guilty pleasure even though I skip around through most of the episodes. Only really care about Ian Somerhalder's character. Episode 1 premiere tonight...

ivysaur12

Banned
Like many here, this is definitely a guilty pleasure.

And that reminds me, I need to watch Hellcats from last night.

I only started watching this show out of morbid fascination with the whole 'hundred year old vampire is into high school girls' angle. And to piss off my then roommate. But, I actually started to like the show. Didn't catch the end of season one, but will consider a blue-ray purchase.

Oh yeah, can't forget about the absurdity of him having a diary.That was golden when the show first came on.

I love this fucking show. The CW is definitely my favorite network of shows. I'll probably hit up a WB/CW appreciation thread. Oh Nina, oh how I've loved you since Degrassi.

Jay Sosa

Larson Conway said:

Is it more like Buffy or True Blood?

Dead

well not really...yet
I got suckered into watching this when the DVD came out last week and I ended up liking it. Guilty pleasure of the season!

Vampire Boone is awesome and makes the show :D

ivysaur12

Banned
Kagari said:
Decent start to the season...

Yup.

Katherine was so much fun. You can tell how much Dobrev loves the freedom.

On the other hand, it was a fairly mellow episode. I think it was a given though with the high-tension season finale that we got. Most of it was just Katherine fucking around with us.

But I didn't see the ending coming at all. Holy crap. I'm kind of glad it happened though, Caroline needed more of a purpose than being a 2nd-rate Cordelia.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hoping for more eventual Damon x Elena action... cause it ends up that way in the books I guess. Although the show has really deviated from them.

mYm|17|

Katherine is so much better :D

VD shoots in Covington, GA which is like an hour away from Atlanta. I really should drive by some time

anaron

Good premiere. Kept up with the momentum and delivered some.

I'm impressed with Dobrev. She's handling Katherine pretty gracefully and obviously having a blast doing so. Didn't see the two "deaths" coming at all so yay for being surprised! :p

ivysaur12

Banned
Kagari said:
Hoping for more eventual Damon x Elena action... cause it ends up that way in the books I guess. Although the show has really deviated from them.

I'm more interested in Damon x Bonnie. There's some great sadistic chemistry that those two have on screen.

anaron

ivysaur12 said:
I'm more interested in Damon x Bonnie. There's some great sadistic chemistry that those two have on screen.
Agreed. I'd rather the show deviate from the endless love triangle trend in TV/vampire related medium.

I'm still in shock that someone I "knew" (Kat) is on a tv show, let alone one that people actually watch and is going to be around for a second season.
But yeah, I don't actually have anything worthwhile to say so uh... yeah.

Ok, fairly impressive premiere. Was not blown away as I was with last season's finale, but I guess that's natural since it's a new start. Anyway, some thoughts:

Dobrev as Elena feels like someone I know, especially since we've watched her as a character throughout season 1. So, Team Elena for now. Katherine seems more like a nuisance than anything, without any real purpose, or so it seems. I guess it helps a lot that Katherine and Elena are supposedly very different characters, so at any given scene, Dobrev delivers a believable performance.

Although I think that the real challenge for an actress would be playing two characters with one face with only very subtle differences, but at the same time still noticeable to the viewers. The Katherine-Elena contrast doesn't lend to this. But still, I appreciate how Dobrev makes both characters identifiable despite the easy feat.

Bonnie has certainly evolved as a character and I like it. Last season's finale gave me the impression that she was just gonna be some annoying vampire police as a character, but her dynamics with Damon lends to an interesting development, whether it be in character or as a side story. So I guess that's where the Bonnie x Damon comments are coming from.

On Damon, has always been the star of the show for me. Aside from Dobrev, he's given the most responsibility as an actor. The range he shows within just one episode is very impressive. Like I said in the S1 OT, he's very much a character you grow to love AND hate at the same time. I just hope other characters are given the opportunity to show as much range as Somerhalder, of course without ruining the story and actually staying true to their character.

Also, it seems pretty clear me that the Lockwoods are going the werewolf route with full blast transformation by mid-season. I was opposed to this at first, since the vampire drama is already more than enough, but I guess it really is part of the mythos: vampire vs werewolves vs witches. So far I like how they're handling Tyler's "transformation," which a (cute) uncle to help him figure things out.

And I'm with Kagari as regards Damon x Elena scenes. IMO, they always end up being the highlight of every episode. You're never quite sure what's gonna happen with the two. While Stefan is a sympathetic, likeable character, the dynamics between Damon and Elena just give the show more "sizzle," lol.

On a closing note, still HATE Jeremy. He's practically the epitome of the bad connotation of "emo." GOD. Although I did sense some foreshadowing in the scene with the Gilbert uncle. He might after all end up being the Gilbert vampire slayer. And on Caroline... Not really looking forward to her getting turned; will have to see though how they handle it.

8/10

So I started watching this show after someone told me it's not as cheesy and "like ZOOMG" bubble gum pop as the first few episodes make it out to be.

I have one huge wtf who wrote this part / waste of time

When Damon kills Stefan's best friend 320+ year old blonde vampire chick....some please explain.....how Stefan isn't mad or anything? Like wtf!? Your best friend is killed by your brother and the worse you do is stake him in the stomach, then the next day everything is fine and dandy?! :lol I rather liked Lexy, I thought she would be like the peacekeeper between the two brothers since she was like twice their age. Or at from a writer's perspective at least keep her for more than 1 BLOODY EPISODE!!

I got sucked into watching this show by my girlfriend midway through the first season. Now it's one of my favorite shows. Ian Somerhalder steals the show every scene in which he appears, and despite Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley playing the requisite romantic leads one would expect from a show on the CW, their characters are incredibly developed and very well acted.

Best guilty pleasure ever.

On a closing note, still HATE Jeremy. He's practically the epitome of the bad connotation of "emo." GOD. He might after all end up being the Gilbert vampire slayer.

I really liked when the writers poked fun at this - with Damon saying something like "Life as a teenager is so hard, so many feelings which are so hard to express". But Jeremy is a piece of shit, yes.

flyover

harriet the spy said:
Best guilty pleasure ever.
It really is. It's the only fiction show I watch live, anymore -- though part of that is because it's so much fun to watch with friends.

Dead

well not really...yet
Watched the latest ep. Since I doubt this is a huge budget show or anything, I pretty much assumed the
werewolves wouldn't be fancy. They opted for an actual wolf appearance. But they got the transformation part right. Underground dungeon, chains, imprisonment, aching screams of pain while transforming, etc.
Struck a good balance by doing that. Also, no Jeremy in this episode! :lol

Also, Im not much for blondes usually, but anyone else find Caroline disgustingly cute :p

hamchan

So I've been watching this off and on, since it shows late night here and there's nothing else to watch. I actually think.... it's pretty decent. During season 1 I thought the show was kinda crappy but the start of season 2 has been strong. I'll probably try to catch all the episodes now.

ivysaur12

Banned
I've only seen the first episode this season. How are the other ones, GAF?

Also, 3 members from the Dollhouse writing staff now write for TVD :lol

anaron

ivysaur12 said:
I've only seen the first episode this season. How are the other ones, GAF?

Also, 3 members from the Dollhouse writing staff now write for TVD :lol
I'd say it's been pretty darn consistent so far thankfully. Catherine remains the HBIC and Caroline is on her way to becoming one. :lol

anaron

Replicant said:
I got sucked into watching this and I kinda like it. The shame!! What have you done GAF?
ANOTHER SOUL STOLEN :lol

Don't feel bad. The show is actually well written shockingly enough.

What episode you on?

I'm still really enjoying this show too (although the guilt is still there: icky CW).

I'm happy to see that finally a vampire show made one of the main human characters a vampire and in quite a satisfying way. Caroline needed a personality boost. Plus, Catherine is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom