• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: website update (April 23): Network Mode, Kizunagram, screens

L~A

Update

Updated for the Kizunagram, Online Features and Squads. Short story seems to be a bit longer than usual, but I'll try to get it done in the next couple of days.

No video this week.

Scout hiring

img_online01_01.jpg

Squads

Kizunagram

Part 5 of the B.L.A.D.E. short story

Some concept-art by CHOCO

Screenshots

Renewed

Kizunagram is affinity (and it seems to be better this time? I'd hope so). Also seems to include a look at players you've interacted with and probably played with.

Interested in seeing how BLADE story part 5 goes. It's been an interesting read (as compared to talking about food...).

Finally, my nightmare fuel.

Why is it that they showed every continent in the game? I feel like there's nothing more to see. They showed us the lava continent along with all the others. I hope there's a chance they've hold on showing some other environments. And hopefully there's a town or village somewhere.

Chaos17

So how does online work?

Social network features :

1) Recruit system
When you're connected to the internet you can meet other players characters online and recruit them (like in Phantasy Star online 2) AND they will gain EXP while fighting with you. It doesn't seem limited to the friendlist.

2) Guild system (SQUAD)
Guild can have 32 members max.
- guild chat
- guild quests (solo or multi up to 4)
- guild BIG quests (solo or multi up to 4)

The Big quests will be unlocked depending of your guild progression, meaning more you complete guild quests more chance you will unlock those big quests.

3) Reputations (UNIONS)
They're 8 available factions in the game and each of them will have their proper type of quests. Previous videos showed that those factions can give you some rewards.

4) Leader Borad (Ranking system)
There will be a leader board for a lot of thing but no rewards was promised for figuring on any of them.

Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSE_l9baH2w

qq0rO9U.gif

Overside

Banned
Why is it that they showed every continent in the game? I feel like there's nothing more to see. They showed us the lava continent along with all the others. I hope there's a chance they've hold on showing some other environments. And hopefully there's a town or village somewhere.

Yes, they showed every inch of 400 square kilometers. Theres nothing left to see.

jwhit28

Are you actually playing with another person or is it like lending your character out and they come back with extra EXP?

Zero²

We will have a lot of secrets for sure, and we will go to an Alien city or at least huge ship at some point. I mean besides the Nopon villages ofc :p

According to Dengeki you can explore all of the continents from the start of the game if you want, but you won't have access to certain things until you make story progress.

-Horizon-

Zero²;161208553 said:
Now I need a anime based on XenoX. Why they did this with me?

I now blame you for making me want things I didn't even know I needed D:<

2D characters would look better at least lolololol

Zero²

Are you actually playing with another person or is it like lending your character out and they come back with extra EXP?
Both actually :O
You have a system like pawns from Inquisition and you have actual 4 player multiplayer missions too. And a online message system like Dark souls, but more complex.

Zero²

I now blame you for making me want things I didn't even know I needed D:<

2D characters would look better at least lolololol
Well we already have Sawano, so it's only a step ahead /s
Damn I cant wait to know all the story secrets! But I dont want to spoil myself too much either...
Damn it

Alternate XenoX story. Featuring the girls from the CHOCO art.
Only if I get my anime version of Elma. Thinking about it I wonder if they'd just ignore the MC completely, or make it the generic redhead dork.

Overside

Banned

Theres 32 player co-op, where you have to complete certain objectives, its tracked in real time, but you dont play directly with other characters

Then there is 4 player co-op where you do play directly with others.

Then there also seems to be the ability to hire other players avatars and they get stuff for it kind of like dragons dogma? That ones kinda fuzzy, but its what im getting out of the info right now.

-Horizon-

Zero²;161210458 said:
Well we already have Sawano, so it's only a step ahead /s
Damn I cant wait to know all the story secrets! But I dont want to spoil myself too much either...
Damn it

Only if I get my anime version of Elma. Thinking about it I wonder if they'd just ignore the MC completely, or make it the generic redhead dork.

Aldnoah Chronicles X

random25

Zero²;161210458 said:

In the anime version, Elma will be male, and will be named Elmo. He'll be surrounded by those girls who like him and will be in battle royale for him, but he won't care much because he's the most dense thing in the planet, much more dense than osmium, if that ever exist in Mira.

We now have the basic plot lol.

-Horizon-

Zero²;161214184 said:
Horizon please.
The missing hero is revealed to be Inaho, and Slaine is the one commanding the alien forces to have his revenge on the humans.
I'd be ok with that as long as Asseylum is dead and buried lol

By Xenoblade rules, Asseylum will come back
as a mech
and at the same time ruin everything.

Zero²

Now I'm wondering, an anime made by Takahashi. Something alike to Legend of the Galactic Heroes but with more God killing? hahah

As mentioned by the Famitsu review, it seems that Mira is wonderfully laid out, with hundreds of small stories besides the main one. If made an anime it could rival One Piece content wise!

Top Bottom