• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 03/27/08

acabado

Banned
MadFuzzy said:
The new GTA4 trailer is meant to be going live worldwide at 10pm GMT tonight. Maybe the EU update might be held up until then (or maybe not)?

I think they will hold up untill there.

f@luS

More than a member.
Gimme the store update i want my GT5 !

been-waiting-3-hourz-for-a-high-five.jpg

Vashu

acabado said:
I think they will hold up untill there.

That seems viable, especially since GT5P is officially going to be released tomorrow so they have no incentive for it to come out earlier.

Here's hoping for Puzzle Fighter.

Benedict

Tntnnbltn said:
You do know that's not the whole update, right? That there might just happen to be something slightly more exciting coming today?

yes,
that GT-thingie, which I find as interesting as Reel fishing.

what else?

f@luS

More than a member.
Benedict said:
It's not GT5.

Sony gimme the store update i want my GT5
Benedict gimme a break , i know what it is

Sony gimme the store update i want my GT5
Benedict gimme a break , i know what it is

Zoe

This month's Mainichi update added text chat. Now all it needs to be a full-blown mini-Home is to be able to meet up with and chat with random strangers

Benedict

What are the chances of Taito releasing their classics in HD?

Their Taito Legends did sell quite well on PS2 didn't they?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/861/861200p1.html

Bit of a strange place for this news to come from, but on the latest Three Red Lights podcast, Sirrea Online VP Ross Erickson confirms that Sirrea Online has multiple projects in store for the PSN, no specific titles were mentioned, but accoring to Ross they are going to be a mix of ported XBLA Games and original Games.

Zoe

Sierra should totally release all of the Quest games on the PSN. I would snatch them up in an instant.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Zoe said:
Sierra should totally release all of the Quest games on the PSN. I would snatch them up in an instant.

Somewhow I see WiiWare getting all of the old Sierra On-Line adventure games.

Oneself

I hope they won't put more PSone games for download on the NA store, there's too many of that... and who cares about crappy games like Castlevania Chronicles or Klonoa anyways!?

:p

Tntnnbltn

Oneself said:
I hope they won't put more PSone games for download on the NA store, there's too many of that... and who cares about crappy games like Castlevania Chronicles or Klonoa anyways!?
At least you'll get an update. At this rate, the US update is going to hit before the EU does. :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/27/high-stakes-poker-adding-camera-support/

High Stakes Poker Adding Camera Support

+ Posted by Dave Connelly // President and CEO, Coresoft

Hello poker fans! I hope everyone has had the chance to play our game, High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition. We are pleased to announce that we will soon provide a free video capability add-on which allows up to six players to see and hear each other with real-time simultaneous audio and video. I believe this has never been done on any console title before.

The game works with USB cameras, the EyeToy, and the PLAYSTATION Eye, which is my favorite. This feature is especially cool for poker, since you may get a read on your opponents through facial expressions, body language, or conversations. It’s also just great fun to see the people you are playing against.

Surprisingly, people always ask, “Are there people to play with online?” The answer is a resounding YES. High Stakes is not only offered in North America, but Europe and Asia as well. We have been pleased with the level of player interest which is why we are motivated to keep adding features and games for everybody playing the title. We’ve expanded the game with two previous add-ons that now provide ten of the most popular poker games out there, including No Limit Hold’em.

We also support the Remote Play feature “out of the box” on High Stakes, which works really well with a game like this. You may want to hook up the camera control (which is on the second analog on the PS3) via the settings. You can even join online games while playing remotely on your PSP with little-to-no lag. Now you will also be able to view the video-enabled games on your PSP via remote play!

For all those who have downloaded the game, we thank you and hope you enjoy the new video feature. And for those who haven’t – download it already!

Elios83

Maybe an update with multiple games was too much for SCEE since their average update is made up of single trailer :lol :lol

stawnkald

Oneself said:

What you did there. I saw it.

Mmm... hoping for a Hot Shots demo. I was really close to buying it, but grabbed the safer PSP version because it was $50 less.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
can you buy stuff off the british store with an american credit card?

Dizzan

MINI Member
DMPrince said:
Don't get upset if Prologue doesn't show up in the PSN store today :lol

I won't be upset.

I will be so fucking angry!!!!
and probably cry, so yes, I'll be upset

Jim said:
One of the best games of the year so far. No need for a demo :)
Truth. HSG5 is overflowing with WIN. Just the online lobby they added improved the game 10x. I get to sail around in a mini boat with two shovels and a hockey mask on!!!

Dizzan

MINI Member
Elios83 said:
Oh there could be a midnight update because of GT5 Prologue, so more than 4 hours left.
That does not compute. GT5:p has been available in Australian stores for 24 hours. If we are governed by the UK, this is bullshit.

Anyway, I've ranted enough. Not posting anymore til it's dl.

Elios83

Tntnnbltn said:
(If correct) Goddamn, they could've at least given the update to Australia. Damn you, SCEE.

I think their reference for the updates is always UK time.
And BTW I'm waiting for the update because of Puzzle Fighter :D :lol , I've been playing with GT5P with the BR version for two days.

Why would anybody pay £25 for GT:5 Prologue when even GAME is selling it for £19.99? Thats wiiierd.

This is why Wipeout HD should get a disc version.

Benedict

Android18a said:
Why would anybody pay £25 for GT:5 Prologue when even GAME is selling it for £19.99? Thats wiiierd.

Why?
So it could be even more expensive?

The only reason why you have to pay more for GT5P on PSN store is because they are also available on disc.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Android18a said:

The convenience of having it on the hard drive. I would buy all my PS3 games this way if it was an option.

The only reason this is the same price (or more) than retail is because of pressure from retail.

Fuckers

Ranger X

Oneself said:

Klonoa? Fuck this kid stuff indeed.

Elios83

Dizzan said:
The convenience of having it on the hard drive.

Oh if you're concerned about having the game on the hard drive, well the BR version has 6GB of convenience to put on the hard drive :lol :lol

Tideas

Banned
Android18a said:

that's a very good question, lol. Gah, I want GT Prologue now!

Dizzan

MINI Member
Elios83 said:
Oh if you're concerned about having the game on the hard drive, well the BR version has 6GB of convenience to put on the hard drive :lol :lol

PSN version is only 1.9 gb. :D

Top Bottom