• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Trailer #2

Aeana

They've really got me on the hook again. This time it seems like it actually could be the game I've been waiting for for a very long time. Presentation/cast/story of the Team Symphonia games and the combat of Team Destiny games. Please don't let me down.

That said, going by the trailer, this has a high chance of being another thematic disaster where they beat you over the head with it endlessly, considering how often he says "my dream"/"our dream."

Rpgmonkey

Trailer makes the dialogue seem like it's going to be cheesy/repetitive.

Combat looks ok.

Based Tales series, saving JRPG for console.
Open world+open world battle free roaming action system?
Hell yeah.

They show a battlefield in the video that appears to be in one of the game's dungeons that they showed in screenshots a little earlier, and it's far bigger than the actual dungeon seems to be. I think that probably kills the open battles speculation.

fedexpeon

Banned
They show a battlefield in the video that appears to be in one of the game's dungeons that they showed in screenshots a little earlier, and it's far bigger than the actual dungeon seems to be. I think that probably kills the open battles speculation.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
At least the overall presentation of the battle system looks much much better now.

Maybe they will have a trailer for Alicia?

Have they said whether or not they're going with the select-able protagonist thing again?

Well, so far the entire story reveals have been centered around the Slay/Tenzoku side.

As far as Alicia is concerned story-wise from what we know, she's still an outsider human that happened to drop in and meet this weirdo kid who claims he can see invisible people.

Granted, since the story direction is moving in the way of Slay taking up the role as the 'Doushi/Monk' ( apparently the Fon Master equivalent of Zestiria ), and part of his role is mending/building bridges towards co-existence of humans and Tenzoku ( it's not Tales without a race-conflict subplot ), we'll probably see Alicia's side of the equation soon.

Dice//

Banned
GmZZIbr.gif

Rpgmonkey

Battle system is Fusionic Chain Linear Motion Battle System (FC-LMBS).

Should be more details in next month's Jump/Famitsu coverage and at the Tales of Festival on May 31/June 1.

raven777

the trailer was ok I guess. Not that great but lets see when we get better footage.

Bummed that they are holding off the battle system until tales festival.

Dice//

Banned
the trailer was ok I guess. Not that great but lets see when we get better footage.

Bummed that they are holding off the battle system until tales festival.

I re-watched the battle stuff like 4 times. The rest of the trailer about 0.5 times.

Proven

Eh, only 10 seconds of battle footage and even that didn't say much.

Fusionic being used in the battle system name gives me hope that the gimmick will be based on performed artes, rather than controlling characters, so I don't end up in a situation like Xillia that's anti-multiplayer. Or maybe I'm just putting too much thought on it.

Fusionic being used in the battle system name gives me hope that the gimmick will be based on performed artes, rather than controlling characters, so I don't end up in a situation like Xillia that's anti-multiplayer. Or maybe I'm just putting too much thought on it.

I'm thinking you will form pacts with the divine characters which give Slay and Alicia varying abilities in battle.

demidar

Right, but we already know it's supposed to have combat similar to Graces! That is the primary reason for my optimism about the game.

Sure, but it's nice to get more evidence.

Anyway to speak about the footage, Edna looks fun to play.

Proven

I'm thinking you will form pacts with the divine characters which give Slay and Alicia varying abilities in battle.

Yeah, story wise it sounds like the contracts are just another form of linking. I'm only holding out hope because it sounds like Slay is supposed to be the one linking to everyone, not the other human characters.

when is the next tales festival?

They say end of May.

Edit: I will say one nice thing about what they showed. The fact that Slay had a small uppercut and Edna had such a large knock up attack should mean that good aerial juggling for more than a few characters should be in.

Aeana

As long as it's not Graces level of repetitive. That game really should of ended about halfway through instead of endlessly dragging it out.
The way they throw "dream" around in the trailer actually is reminiscent of Graces's obsession with "protect/defend" (forget what word they used in the English version).

Xenus

The way they throw "dream" around in the trailer actually is reminiscent of Graces's obsession with "protect/defend" (forget what word they used in the English version).

As long as it's not like
letting Richard get away time and time again cause hes my friend and I can't kill my friend form of dragging the story on and on I'll be fine. After about the second time I was ready to run him through.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Battle system is Fusionic Chain Linear Motion Battle System (FC-LMBS).

Should be more details in next month's Jump/Famitsu coverage and at the Tales of Festival on May 31/June 1.

Fusionic Chain? Okay. I already know what this is going to be based off the info we got and I'm hellishly hyped now. We better see some real-time field of fonon shit going on.

Top Bottom