• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Bloober Team has said it’s “very confident” in its upcoming Silent Hill 2 remake

silenthill-1024x576.jpg

As part of the studio’s annual report, the team claimed that it is “very confident about the final result,” (translated by @pl_evil).

“We don’t hide it internally or externally – this is the most important test of our actions,” the report continued.

The Silent Hill 2 remake has been the subject of much debate since its announcement, and a second trailer in January 2024 which focused on combat did nothing to quell it.
This second trailer proved divisive, and currently only has 51% likes vs dislikes on YouTube.

The following month, Bloober Team president Piotr Babieno said the trailer “does not reflect the spirit of the game”, saying the marketing side of things was Konami‘s responsibility.

“It is not the spirit of either what it used to be or what we are creating now,” Babieno said. “We are trying to fully reflect this romantic vision about the game, which debuted 22 years ago.

“We think that when players see the real gameplay, the real game, they will judge it in a completely different way.”

Unknown?

Yeah but no one is confident in the fans. I became a fan with SH2 and loved 3 but the rabbid fans out there are crazy.

Last edited:

GHound

I should hope so. It's incredibly likely it will outsell the original just based on average game software sales of the time versus average game software sales now.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
hope so, i never played sh 2, so im excited for this, please dont ruin it.

Lupin25

sure, but…

Share The Pie GIF by BuzzFeed

One can only hope they don’t ruin anymore attachment to this game by stating something dumb.

That's good, but... They need to understand, and I genuinely don't mean to be an asshole here, their confidence in it, means absolutely nothing. To no one but them.

When Hideaki Itsuno went out there to announce Devil May Cry 5, confident and excited saying that it was one of (or  the, I don't remember) best games he ever made, everyone bought it, and became even more confident in it.

Because Capcom name was on it, and most importantly, Itsuno arguably hasn't made a single bad game in his career. I only need to say Power Stone, Capcom vs SNK 2, Devil May Cry 3, and Rival Schools, and that tells you enough about his talent as a director and game developer.

Silent Hill 2 Remake on the other hand, has Konami's name on it, and say what you will about Capcom, you will be correct about all of it. But Capcom has a WAY better reputation and trackrecord then Konami.

And Bloober Team is known for arguably mediocre to "just" good games.
Also the one attempt they had at making a game that was going for a Silent Hill "vibe" (The Medium), was arguably really bad, and tone deaf about very sensitive issues.

Again, they are confident in it, that's better then not being confident. But they have a lot to prove. And most of the blame lies with Konami.

Top Bottom