• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silent Hill 2 Remake trailer did not impress the head of Bloober Team. "It doesn't reflect the spirit of the game”

Draugoth

Gold Member
9bc

Piotr Babieno - president of the Bloober Team studio - admitted in an interview that he understands the criticism that fell on the Silent Hill 2 Remake trailer presented during State of Play. In his opinion, the material prepared by the publisher "does not reflect the spirit of the game."

The president added that in addition to the loudest voices of doubt about the future of the project, the company also receives a lot of messages from satisfied fans. He also calmed down players who were worried about the level of graphics. - I think we can rest assured that we are using all the capabilities of Unreal [Engine] 5 - he added.

Source is Eurogamer Poland

Flabagast

Not the first time that Bloober seems to be clashing with Konami about the marketing campaign of the game, seems they do not agree at all about how the game is presented to the public

Wonder what's going on here. It could potentially be ... a good thing ? if you adopt an optimistic view

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not the first time that Bloober seems to be clashing with Konami about the marketing campaign of the game, seems they do not agree at all about how the game is presented to the public

Wonder what's going on here. It could potentially be ... a good thing ? if you adopt an optimistic view
Well, Konami cut the trailer for the public.

It seems, Konami themselves forgot what made the mood/spirit of the original, instead they seemed to be going for a RE angle, trailer wise.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Once you play the game, and see the direction the game is taking, you'll be ashamed of your words and dee-

You'll understand Konami's vision.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Makes sense really. It's just odd editing in general. Mostly shots of guns shooting, and then some odd shots of James crossing through a brick window. Makes it feel like an action game.

Can't tell if this is just damage control on their part, or if they are indeed being sincere...

I'm not doubting Konami fucked them over though. At all.

I just think this Remake was a fail on concept already.
Remaking Silent Hill 2.

Hundreds of horror games available, Silent Hill does not need to remain a major thing. It gets too much attention and detracts from other efforts.
Huh? Silent Hill is one of the most important horror franchises and the first 3 games combined are more quality than the vast majority of the horror landscape game wise. Silent Hill deserves to live on, and deserves to be good.

Gambit2483

What's that? A legendary Psychological Horror game releases a mediocre bang, bang shooty shoot trailer and Fails to impress you say?

blzIbjX.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The trailer looks nothing like the first trailer which looked like the best UE5 game yet. It;s clear it was downgraded and we know downgrading is an industry wide reality.

hes just baghdad bobing his way out of a bad game.

near

Gold Member
Was going to use this opportunity to shit on Konami, but as usual, they're already covered in it.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder if anything will actually come from this? Will he take a plane and visit their studio or will production just continue?

“Go ahead and release this turd”

Flabagast

I'm sorry but...isn't that his responsibility? He only saw the trailer when it was released?

Konami did the trailer based on random footage that Bloober team gave them? I'm not getting it.
It's pretty simple to understand.. Publisher has the final and absolute say in these matters. He might have seen the trailer beforehand and told Konami he thought it was shit, but they just gave him the finger and went with it anyway

Doom85

Wait, what? You mean the developers and the marketing team aren’t the same people?

Shocked Uh Oh GIF

Seriously, just because the trailer chose to focus a bunch on combat doesn’t mean the game will necessarily be a shooting gallery. It could, sure, but anyone acting like it was a guarantee was being ridiculous.

Valt7786

I mean, the stuff in the trailer is still going to be in the game right? I don't get this damage control

The trailer made it look like an outright action game, the original game definitely was not an action game. It doesn't show the actual vibe/tone the game is or should be aiming for.

It sounds like you fundamentally do not understand how developer/publisher relationships work most of the time yes.
What's the point of your comment? I literally said i didn't get it. At least this situation. And your post didn't explain anything.

Publisher deals with budgets, promos, releases, green lights projects, etc. The developers make the actual game. I know this.

That said i thought it was the developer that actually knew the footage that looked the best to make a promo video or could actually have an input on what to send to the publisher to make a promo video. That's all. Here it's like he was surprised on how the video looked like in the end. It's weird.

I just saw Naughty Dog's documentary on TLOU2 and they were definitely the ones that made those trailers, had people that worked on all those trailers and demos, etc definitely had an input on everything.

bender

What time is it?
I don't expect that Konami or Blooper Team understands the spirit of the game....or Tomm Hulett.

Flabagast

I mean, the stuff in the trailer is still going to be in the game right? I don't get this damage control
As in most survival horrors combat will most likely be the weakest part of the game and amount to max 20% of the playtime, yet they chose to totally focus on it in the trailer, thus badly misreprenting what the game experience will be

Last edited:

Gambit2483

It doesn't represent the actual flow of the game or its other gameplay elements.

I guess a (poor) comparison could be if Nintendo released a Zelda trailer where half of the trailer was just Link using his bow and arrows to dispatch enemies. It's not an accurate representation of the game as a whole...then again it was labeled the "combat" trailer.

StueyDuck

Hahaha blaming Konami. Although I have no doubts they played a role in some way... I mean giving SH2 to them in the first place was dumb decision.

But you don't shit where you eat. Classic blooper move, like patenting dual gaming environments.

Blooper gonna bloop

Top Bottom