• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York City |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the World - Meetup on 18th

GiJoccin

Am I the only one who is unimpressed with DiFara's? The pizza is good, but not anywhere I would take tourists to. Plus the Midwood area is shit and the wait is ridiculous.

ya, i wasn't impressed either

the wait was ridiculous, half of the pie was charred, and the other half was completely undercooked... i could tell that the ingredients were good, and that the pie could be much better... but there's amazing pizza to be had elsewhere in the city

Brawl96

ya, i wasn't impressed either

the wait was ridiculous, half of the pie was charred, and the other half was completely undercooked... i could tell that the ingredients were good, and that the pie could be much better... but there's amazing pizza to be had elsewhere in the city

Woah woah woah, Midwood representing right here. Yes, di faras is shit. Overpriced and very messy. However, if you want good Kosher pizza in the area, go to Taam Mevorach on Ave U and East 9th. 100x better than di fares and 50x better than Spumonis. Now while were on this topic. Bens pizza in the village is very good too.

So far my list of GAFfers going to the SONY E3 Union Sq. event:

Suzushiiro
Heckmanimation
valkillmore
Brawl96
rogue_Ledr
bob page
lightning2k3
TalentBurke
Requium
Metsallica
Milennia
OFF-kilter
KrM DeLorean
Wildarmsjecht
SweetJohnnyCage

I'm coming on the L from williamsburg

bob page

So far my list of GAFfers going to the SONY E3 Union Sq. event:

Suzushiiro
Heckmanimation
valkillmore
Brawl96
rogue_Ledr
bob page
lightning2k3
TalentBurke
Requium
Metsallica - hasn't recieved confirmation email
Milennia
OFF-kilter

I'm coming on the L from williamsburg
Which stop you at?

tbm24

I'd like to pass on the word to the fellow NYC folk here, next year NYCFC starts playing in Yankee Stadium for the 2015 MLS season. I put in an order for season tickets a few weeks ago and the team sent me an email today informing me that the prices and seating chart is out.

http://nycfc.com/Season-Tickets

For anyone with a passing interest, single game tickets are cheap for good sections and I have high hopes for the team. Hope to catch some of you there for a game or two.

Item Box

Registered for the NYC event, but goddamn I didn't even get the chance to dial my friend's number to tell him about it before it sold out :(

Could be my chance to meet with some gaffers though.

edit: wrong thread but still on topic, haha

I'd like to pass on the word to the fellow NYC folk here, next year NYCFC starts playing in Yankee Stadium for the 2015 MLS season. I put in an order for season tickets a few weeks ago and the team sent me an email today informing me that the prices and seating chart is out.

http://nycfc.com/Season-Tickets

For anyone with a passing interest, single game tickets are cheap for good sections and I have high hopes for the team. Hope to catch some of you there for a game or two.

Lost faith in the Red Bulls?

I'd be cool with a meetup at a soccer game, or a baseball game.

Everybody and their fancy letter-trains!

I'll be coming on the 4-train

7 train all the way :D

SOLD OUT? Psh, fine I'll get on the wait-list.

You live in Brooklyn?

Finally got out of that dump that is Jersey? :p

evvvveryone hates on jersey until they want to start a family, need to move out of the city, and realize it's not that bad...

edit:

anyways - should we get a google doc up for the Union Sq. meet up?

tbm24

Lost faith in the Red Bulls?

I'd be cool with a meetup at a soccer game, or a baseball game.

You could say that. The prospects of an NYC team that actually plays in NYC is quite enticing for me. As is the prospects of the proposed stadium they want to make hopefully in flushing. My name will be etched on a rock or something in there for being an early season ticket supporter.

You could say that. The prospects of an NYC team that actually plays in NYC is quite enticing for me. As is the prospects of the proposed stadium they want to make hopefully in flushing. My name will be etched on a rock or something in there for being an early season ticket supporter.

A soccer field in Flushing?

That's going to be nuts for traffic.

tbm24

A soccer field in Flushing?

That's going to be nuts for traffic.

That's the ideal place for it. There's been opposition from a number of areas, including the mets which I quite don't understand why they can't share a parking lot(though NYCFC is co-owned by the yankees so maybe that's why). I can't think of anywhere else they could potentially put it aside flushing or the bronx. Hoping it won't be the bronx. Traffic will be fine since games generally take place in the evening/weekends.

That's the ideal place for it. There's been opposition from a number of areas, including the mets which I quite don't understand why they can't share a parking lot(though NYCFC is co-owned by the yankees so maybe that's why). I can't think of anywhere else they could potentially put it aside flushing or the bronx. Hoping it won't be the bronx. Traffic will be fine since games generally take place in the evening/weekends.

You should see what traffic is like for CitiField during the week.

Jhoan

What's this about watching Sony's Press Conference in a theatre? Sounds fun. I'll be adding myself to the doc. Will be coming from Washington Heights via the A/L trains. And I'll be bringing my 3DS to it so I hope I don't have an angry mob of Sony fans on my ass all of a sudden.

What's this about watching Sony's Press Conference in a theatre? Sounds fun. I'll be adding myself to the doc. Will be coming from Washington Heights via the A/L trains. And I'll be bringing my 3DS to it so I hope I don't have an angry mob of Sony fans on my ass all of a sudden.

Sold out bro :(

so it looks like I'm on the waiting list. I got confirmation for the wait list. I'll be there prior a hour before the time. Hopefully the line is not long. I'll be taking the L train there.

Top Bottom