• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Man, it would be great if listed items in the Market had their actual purchase price, and not the cost the seller makes after fees. Now with the buy and sell orders (which I really like), it would be more helpful when comparing your listing to current offers by having your actual selling price listed next to your items for sale.

Yup, it's impossible to know where exactly your item ended up now. Before you could immediately see what's going on. Now not so much. Don't like it at all.

So since Battlefront went offline does anyone play using a roundabout method? I'm sure it'd be okay with all bots cause it's still a baller game but less so.

GameRanger

Lomax

Man, it would be great if listed items in the Market had their actual purchase price, and not the cost the seller makes after fees. Now with the buy and sell orders (which I really like), it would be more helpful when comparing your listing to current offers by having your actual selling price listed next to your items for sale.

Sounds like a perfect feature for enhanced steam. Paging jshackles!

Poetic

Hour and a half to go, really torn on Fallen Enchantress: LH. It'll probably be cheaper during the winter sale, right? I've already added 10 games to my library this sale, I should probably hold off.

Jawmuncher

Thoughts on the Resident Evil4 "hd" remake?

Ive never played that game before and I would like to hear some opinions

Easily the best version of the game when it comes to the HD ports.
If you have never played it you need to do so right now. There's a reason it's one of GAFs most loved games along with Dark Souls.

Majukun

does the DMC3 mod for switching styles and weapons work well on PC?
I'm thinking about getting the game to replay it with those,but i heard they work mainly with the emulators

Mono

I'm currently staring at FFVIII... I could pull the trigger at any time... finally grab the game that eluded me as a child... but there's still a few days...

Do it, do it, do it!!

FFVIII has a horribly janky combat system unlike any other Final Fantasy game. Although it seems pretty hit or miss with most people.

On the plus side, Triple Triad!!

ChronoX

Well RE4 is widely considered the best of the series. As for the PC version, I've heard good things.

The PC version was good. I finished the Gamecube version twice and finished the PC HD release four times. Honestly the 360 controller still felt inaccurate compared to the Gamecube controller for that game.

Hey, it's not problem to repost stuff, but you didn't repost the rules so a bunch of people have entered for stuff thinking it's a free-for-all but not realizing it's from a previous giveaway. It's got at least nolurkers and nowinnersweekly?

Edited my post. Thanks for the heads up.

somnific

Thoughts on the Resident Evil4 "hd" edition?

Ive never played that game before and I would like to hear some opinions

i've bought and beaten the gamecube version, the ps2 version, the wii u version and xbox 360 version.

it's great port and i had a grand time replaying it (again)!

Lomax

Hour and a half to go, really torn on Fallen Enchantress: LH. It'll probably be cheaper during the winter sale, right? I've already added 10 games to my library this sale, I should probably hold off.

I'm sure eventually they will drop the base price, but apparently it is selling better now than ever, so I doubt it will be soon.

Do it, do it, do it!!

If you're just wearing the nostaligia goggles, think back and remember FFVIII's janky combat system, ugh. Although it seems pretty hit or miss with most people.

I've got no nostalgia. I never got to play it. It's something I've wanted to play since forever but never got the chance for a few insane reasons. Not sure what a triple triad is exactly but it sounds kinda awesome.

Another

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cubetractor -- MB-59B0380E2745B3FE - Taken by DontMindMe. 9 entrants total.
Space Hulk -- MB-07553210BF03AB09 - Taken by Cloudius12. 15 entrants total.

t1403836082z1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Do it, do it, do it!!

FFVIII has a horribly janky combat system unlike any other Final Fantasy game. Although it seems pretty hit or miss with most people.

One of these days, a game that's described as hit or miss will be hit with me. One of them, I won't hate with all I am. That day is not this day.

Was going to respond saying this. A lot of players on the Steam community hub discussions recommend and use gameranger. Haven't myself but it's very popular.

i used to use it for age of empires 2 before the hd version came out

it works but it's pretty barebones but that was a long time ago and i'm sure they've added stuff over time

Jawmuncher

GFWL maybe?

The DREAM scenario is that Capcom is making RE5 into the Gold version and keeping the 19.99 price since all original owners will get it for free.
I know that's a far out dream

The PC version was good. I finished the Gamecube version twice and finished the PC HD release four times. Honestly the 360 controller still felt inaccurate compared to the Gamecube controller for that game.

All of the HD versions are missing the smoothness of the Gamecube controller but are more than playable. Though it's only noticeable for people like us who played it a lot on GC.

Ryne

Got this buying autosport

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

DiRT Showdown -- MB-A87B7D24683BF7BD - Taken by FloppyDelux. 18 entrants total.

t1403826446z1.png

Mono

I've got no nostalgia. I never got to play it. It's something I've wanted to play since forever but never got the chance for a few insane reasons. Not sure what a triple triad is exactly but it sounds kinda awesome.

Woops, I can't read!

Triple Triad is a ridiculously fun card game within FFVIII that I wish was real. The game kind of forces you to play it to progress with the main plot at some points, and it's awesome.

I would definitely reccomend FFVIII! The combat system kind of weak compared to the others, but the story is fun.

Mokoi

Banned
I wish Resident evil 4 would be discounted more I've never played it, and I'm not too crazy about it to drop $11.99.

denx

How are the KB+M controls in RE4HD? I can't aim worth a shit with a controller on most shooter games so good/decent KB+M controls are a must for me.

I have a copy of RE4 for GameCube lying around, so I think I'll just play it on the Wii sometime. I just don't know about paying $11 for an HD version if I've never played it.

denx

would you suggest I buy civilization 5 or europa universalis 4?

i have zero experience with either series.

Go with Civ 5. Paradox grand strategy games (like EU4) tend to be overwhelming for newcomers.

Is civilization 5 worth it? Can you bring like an ancient empire to modern times or are you stuck in those times forever?

I am not a huge RTS fan, although I did play starcraft and warcraft back in the day.

Civilization is a Turn-Based 4x strategy game, not a RTS. And yes, you can get your civilization from ancient times all the way up to the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom