• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Insert Title]: Remastered - PS4/X1/Wii U

What game(s) immediately come to mind that you'd love to have "Remastered" for the latest gen of consoles:

- Mass Effect (Complete Series)
- Skyrim (Fixed, please, maybe)
- Metroid Prime Triolgy

SJRB

Gold Member
- Red Dead Redemption
- Arkham trilogy

Both deserve to be remastered. Put Bluepoint on the Arkham games.

Carn82

demons/dark souls/dark souls 2.

Or just the last two if its too hard to include demons because of rights etc.

x-Lundz-x

SxutO.gif

Xenoblade Chronicles HD

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars HD

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night HD

Edit: left out the obvious( Mass effect) because it was mentioned many times

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Pikmin 1/2 (With Gamepad stylus support), most of Nintendo's games deserve the HD.

I´d really love to play both Wii Zeldas again in HD, Skywad Sword would look amazing in 1080p .

And a Dark Cloud collection would be great too.

Fake Edit: Agreed on Metroid Prime Trilogy. I´ve seen Dolphin pictures of MP1 with all bells and whistles cranked up. The game looks better than many modern game through sheer art direction alone.

Super Mario galaxy 1 and 2.

Metroid prime

The only other remaster I would ever consider buying it Halo and it is coming out this fall.

Otherwise I could care less about replaying old games in a higher resolution and framerate. I mostly just want these because I missed them the first time around and in halo case I've been itching to have a marathon.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
- Uncharted Trilogy
- Mass Effect
- Skyrim
- Crysis Trilogy
- Heavy Rain / Beyond: Two Souls

Although I love Super Mario Galaxy, I don't think that the game would really benefit much from a Remaster. I'd care more about improvements in performance, not in visuals. And Nintendo games are usually flawless in this respect.

omonimo

Banned
Mass Effect Trilogy at 60 fps would be glorious for me. Just played the first. This games need of 60 fps on console.

Majanew

Banned
Skyrim for PS4. 1080p/60. Or at least, 1080p/30 with no drops or tearing. And no loads when entering areas/homes, or drastically cut down on how long the loads take on 360/PS3.

Uncharted Trilogy. Gotta be 1080p/60 like TLOU.

You darn idiot.

You forgot:
Gears of War Trilogy
Crysis Trilogy

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Every single game from last gen remastered and released in the same order and days they were originally.

Vashetti

Banned
I am sick of remastered stuff.

Just make new content.

Sigh.

Getting fed up of seeing this tired and lazy response.

They are made by much smaller teams that don't affect new game development, usually made by a B-team who would otherwise be resting on their laurels. Do you truly believe the entirety of Naughty Dog has been crunching away for months on TLOU:R?

You are not forced to buy them, they serve as a nice gesture to fans who want an improved version of their favourite games, an introduction to those who didn't play it previously, and are a nice bonus to a line-up.

If these remasters weren't happening, it would not speed up other game development. You'd have less games on the market. Both Sony and MS, plus several publishers have stated that game development has slowed down. You are going to get less, but bigger AAA games.

Thanks for reading, enjoy your day.

Thread continue.

I would love to see a next gen Metal Gear Solid!! I know the new one is going to be cool and all but something about the story of the original and would love to revisit an updated Shadow Moses. Oh and make sure it has David Hayter as the voice!!

mrhej

The Mario Party Remastered Collection: Mario Party 1-9 remastered in HD.

I would also like to see Gears of War 1-3 remastered.

Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Red Dead Redemption from the seventh generation.

Final Fantasy XII from the sixth.

Anything from the fifth generation would have to be a remake rather than a remaster, but I'll say Vagrant Story.

Top Bottom