• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Paradise Remastered studio teases series revival

Next "Burnout": Open world or not open world?

• Total voters

Topher

Gold Member
Stellar Entertainment is working on a fresh AAA arcade racing title, and not-so-subtly hinting it could be a new Burnout.

The studio previously worked on Burnout Paradise Remastered, as well as Need for Speed: Remastered and Need for Speed Unbound.

According to its website, the studio is currently hiring for a AAA arcade racing title built in Unreal 5 for Gen 5 consoles and PC, which is set to disrupt the racing scene.

There's further evidence on social media where the studio shared "insider intel" on what it's working on.

"And the bosses still haven't issued any take downs," reads the developer's latest post on X, with an image reading "POV: You're about to be rear ended".

This certainly sounds like it could be Burnout, which has plenty of vehicle crashes. The third game was even given the subtitle Takedown.

In addition, the studio is working on a "secret mission" that's "approaching launch readiness" according to its website, with an image of space.

Stellar Entertainment was founded by Paul Ross, who spent 16 years working for Burnout developer Criterion.

The last game in the Burnout series was 2018's Burnout Paradise Remastered, released 10 years after the original.

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hope they can bring some Beam.ng drive level destruction. If you aren't going to have licensed cars then you have to go all in on them getting fucked up.

tusharngf

But no licensed cars is a big let down. That's why the game failed back then.

Licensed cars game be an instant hit. I hoppe they are making game real life cars

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
This will be published by EA?
I would think so since Stellar Entertainment seems to be heavily tied to EA as they list Need for Speed and Jedi Fallen Order among their projects. CEO of the company was a Burnout developer.

wvnative

I wish people would stop assuming this. Nobody has done the homework. They have stated multiple times it's a new IP. Not impossible it's a cover up, or maybe they are making both a burnout and a new IP, but that would be weird.

What I suspect is it's a high budget spiritual successor to burnout, but won't be called burnout.

Puscifer

If they are releasing a new Burnout game and it's in the same vein as Burnout 3 and Revenge, I'll be pretty fucking excited.

If it's more Paradise, then that'll be a bit of a blow to me as it's just not nearly as good as those. I want proper crash mode and takedown mode and no fucking open world nonsense.
Yeah I agree. I tried playing remastered recently and I remember thinking back then people were over reacting but no, it's just not the same

Topher

Gold Member
I wish people would stop assuming this. Nobody has done the homework. They have stated multiple times it's a new IP. Not impossible it's a cover up, or maybe they are making both a burnout and a new IP, but that would be weird.

What I suspect is it's a high budget spiritual successor to burnout, but won't be called burnout.

I don't think many care if it is called Burnout or not. I certainly don't. I just want a racing game like Burnout with tons of crashes. Current racing games, for me, are incredibly boring.

wvnative

I don't think many care if it is called Burnout or not. I certainly don't. I just want a racing game like Burnout with tons of crashes. Current racing games, for me, are incredibly boring.

Agreed 100%.

Current games have zero personality, burnout, or burnout-like could give the genre a huge shot in the arm.

MiguelItUp

I personally wouldn't bicker over which Burnout iteration is best, I just love the idea of Burnout returning. There aren't many driving IPs that I give a damn about, but Burnout is definitely one of them.

WitchHunter

Banned
Finally, the holiday drivers gonna be wiped out. We need a Carmageddon revival too. Open doors to smash people is a must.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I am down. Anything burnout for me is day one as long as it's decent 7 out of 10 and up.

Gotta support arcade racing

ReBurn

Gold Member

Licensed cars game be an instant hit. I hoppe they are making game real life cars
Licensed cars aren't required for a Burnout game. People care about stats and stunts in Burnout, not labels.

Last edited:

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Burnout Paradise paved the way for Forza Horizon and clones just like it. It was fantastic. Burnout 3 was fantastic in its own ways too. I actually hope this new one is more like Paradise. Can't wait.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Burnout Paradise paved the way for Forza Horizon and clones just like it. It was fantastic. Burnout 3 was fantastic in its own ways too. I actually hope this new one is more like Paradise. Can't wait.
Burnout Paradise was good once you were in the race you wanted to run. Where it broke up was having to drive all over to get to the race you wanted.

Xaeroxcore666

Neo Member
Burnout Revenge remake! Or a proper Burnout 4 which takes Burnout 3 and Revenge mechanics and took them next gen. No open world nonsense.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Licensed cars are not gonna work in a burnout game because manufacturers won't allow their cars to get properly fucked up, you get scratches and little dents but that is it. Burnout requires full-on car destruction.

mitch1971

And then it gets pulled from store fronts when the licences expire? No thanks.

Last edited:

meatsauce

Neo Member
Jesus tittyfucking christ no love at all for Burnout 2? Fucking asinine

The soundtrack alone

The best Burnout game.
I love Paradise though, I don't know why it gets so much hate.
They gave that game so much support. Like others mentioned it paved the way for Forza Horizon.
It also was the first PS3 retail with trophies I believe.

lmimmfn

Paradise fucking sucks. Open world does not work with Burnout games. Remaster Burnout 3 please.
All Paradise needed was to have the races on the map and fast travel option to go directly to a race without having to drive there

SolidQ

It's 2024 I doubt we are getting a non-open world new burnout game.
That sad news, personally i'm never like Underground 2, because "open world"
From time to time i'm playing NFS 3,4, Hot P 2,3/Burnout 3. Last good racing game for me was NFS: HP 2010

wvnative

The best Burnout game.
I love Paradise though, I don't know why it gets so much hate.
They gave that game so much support. Like others mentioned it paved the way for Forza Horizon.
It also was the first PS3 retail with trophies I believe.

I don't intend this to be mean or hostile towards anyone...

But I genuinely believe that most people just looked at the open world and noped out without actually learning how the game works and how faithful it is to the burnout experience, but within a new open world playground. I think people didn't understand it.

It is literally tied with FF7 as my favorite game of all time. The open world is brilliant and flows so well, the map is designed like a giant track but without force fields, and filled with shortcuts to uncover. There is an incredible feedback gameplay loop of constantly finding new secrets, unlocking shit, and cycling between the different types of events, it's an open world that feels the antithesis of ubisoft shit. Never gets old, never gets repetitive. It keeps your blood pumpin at all times. My buddies and I spent 100s of hours playing together, doing challenges, finding gates and billboards, dicking around, and we could easily go till 3am.

and 15 years after it's release, it still feels 15 years ahead of current racing games. Truly a masterpiece game.

Not that everything is flawless, fast travel would'a been nice, swapping cars takes a little too long, and the camera could be better. But very minor flaws for me.

Paradise 4ever.

Quezacolt

Paradise was a good game, but i prefer my Burnout to not be open world. Paradise being open world added nothing to the experience imo, just made me waste time until i could reach what i wanted to actually do, wich was to race against other cars.

Topher

Gold Member
It's 2024 I doubt we are getting a non-open world new burnout game.

Would make a lot of sense in an era where game dev costs are skyrocketing to get back to simpler games lacking all the bloat that costs so much money to create. Besides, the open world racer space isn't exactly lacking. Old school closed track Burnout would be scratching an itch that some of us have had for a long time. Keep it simple, low cost, charge $30-$40.........I think it could work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom