• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intruders - BBC America's Spooky New Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought some people would find this interesting. After Orphan Black, I'm definitely checking this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbRbU5sMlH0

Starring John Simm (The Master!), Mira Sorvino, and James Frain and from the executive producer of The X-Files

Here's what it's about:

INTRUDERS is about a secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others.

A contemporary, chilling, paranormal tale set in the moody Pacific Northwest, INTRUDERS spins a fascinating and complex web of drama. As strange, apparently unrelated events start happening, multiple story-lines — a missing wife, an assassin covering his crimes, a child on the run — begin to intertwine to reveal a conspiracy that will forever change our understanding of human nature.

Intruders is based on Michael Marshall Smith's novel 'The Intruders' and is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. John Simm (Life on Mars, State of Play, Doctor Who) plays Jack Whelan and is joined by Oscar® winning Mira Sorvino (Mighty Aphrodite, Norma Jean & Marilyn, Human Trafficking) playing his wife Amy. The cast also includes James Frain (The White Queen, Tron: Legacy) as Shepherd, Tory Kittles (True Detective) as Gary Fischer and introduces ten-year-old Millie Brown (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland) as Madison.

Under the direction of Eduardo Sanchez (Blair Witch Project, Exists) and Daniel Stamm (13 Sins, The Last Exorcism), the creative team includes acclaimed production designer Mark Freeborn (Breaking Bad). The series is executive produced by Jane Tranter and Julie Gardner for BBC Worldwide Productions, Glen Morgan and Rose Lam (The L Word).

They're getting their Tumblr ready, hahaha:

http://intrudersbbca.tumblr.com/

tumblr_n7iti6C9971ttfka7o6_500.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Reviews are starting to roll out, and unsurprisingly, they're not very positive:

SF Gate -
It takes two episodes to begin to understand it, and once you do, you may not care much, except for the presence of some very respectable actors.

Variety -
There’s just not enough life in the concept thus far to prevent The Intruders, like its namesake, from hiding in plain sight.

New York Post -
The episodes are prettily shot, with the region’s natural misty gloom adding plenty of atmosphere. But the dialogue’s never clever enough to convince you this is more than an amalgamation of themes we’ve seen many times before.

Entertainment Weekly -
"Don't Let Them In" reads the show's tagline, but we're happy to have this show intrude upon our Saturday nights for the time being.

Did anyone watch this last night? I love John Simm, James Frain, and Darin/Glenn Morgan (X-Files represent!) but I thought it fell a little flat and it was a bit too confusing for the first episode of a new show. I'll probably stick with it to see where they go but it wasn't a great episode.

Did anyone watch this last night? I love John Simm, James Frain, and Darin/Glenn Morgan (X-Files represent!) but I thought it fell a little flat and it was a bit too confusing for the first episode of a new show. I'll probably stick with it to see where they go but it wasn't a great episode.

Doesn't seem like many people bothered. Sucks to hear the pilot wasn't great, but I'll definitely catch it when it airs on BBC2 later this year and hope it gets better.

saunderez

I laughed at how disjointed it is. Felt like it was switching locations and characters every 2 minutes. But I will give it another couple of episodes, I want to see where it's going.

I think there are people who have the ability to occupy other people's bodies. And someone (one of them?) is killing them.

That's pretty much all I got from the entire episode.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
The premise sounded interesting at least, but the trailer was awful.

"What goes around... comes around". Really?

Should I watch the first ep anyway? Impressions here aren't encouraging...

That was... confusing... and... interesting?

The pacing in this episode wasn't good. But I liked the actors, the mystery is weird enough to get me to check out the rest of the season, and I love the Pacific Northwest. I love this weird, sinister atmosphere they have permeating through.

Whooter

My wife couldn't get past the scene in the pilot where the little gir/intruder
killed the cat
, so I guess we're done with the show...

It wasn't really grabbing me, anyhow...

I guess I'm now the only one that watches this show.

After the 5th episode it has kicked into gear and become interesting. At this point I'm wondering if specific people are receivers for specific disembodied minds (or ghosts as they referred to in this show) and they have a way of tracking those people and activating the ghosts/souls/minds that are then able to hijack the bodies.

At least someone else is watching it. The first few episodes were slow and confusing so I'm not surprised more people aren't watching it, but it seems to be picking up pace.

yah they could have done a bit more in explaining the whole "coming back" secret society type stuff. either way once the wife reappeared and the lawyer guy with all the connections people have it really got interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom