• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Mahou Tsukai no Yome ch1-2

I must say vIsually it's pretty stunning, with some great details in backgrounds and surroundings, which gives it a great atmosphere of magic and antiquity, befitting its premise. Really liking it so far.

Revo

Alice in Borderland 12

Please don't tell me the way to win this game is to not play the game.

Also what is RevoBlock I am confused

Edit: it is apparently a power that i must not abuse

Zweizer

Banned
Mahou Tsukai no Yome ch3-5

Although the characters themselves have yet to be developed, they're rather likable so far, even if this promise of marriage is somewhat unsettling. I must say however that, more than the characters or plot, I absolutly love the lore. The dragons were pretty amazing despite their rather simple design, and for the cats, referencing Lovecraft is always welcome.

alright, the Suzuka readalong starts midnight BST

which is 4 PM PST, 7 PM Eastern, 1 AM CEST and whatever it is in other time zones

aka in 90 minutes.

y'all have 90 minutes to register and also to choose how many chapters per week we read

I'll put up a post with the full member list and all the details in 90 mins.

if you want to join after it starts, no problem. there is a catch though: if you join late and then drop it your punishment is doubled for being a pain in my ass

SO. SIGN UP HERE.

VOTE ON AMOUNT OF CHAPTERS TO READ HERE

YOU HAVE 90 MINUTES

Well, I just stumbled upon something that seems exactly to my interest. A manga by the name of Super Robot Retsuden, a crossover with Mazinger, Getter Robo, and Kotetsu Jeeg.

Only ten (presumably long) chapters, let's see how this goes.

Zweizer

Banned
Mahou Tsukai no Yome ch6-8

Cats arc is over, and seems like plot is advancing with some much-needed elaboration on some characters. Fairy Queen and King have a pretty regal look. I like it~

if you want to join after it starts, no problem. there is a catch though: if you join late and then drop it your punishment is doubled for being a pain in my ass

How cruel~

alright, the Suzuka readalong starts midnight BST

which is 4 PM PST, 7 PM Eastern, 1 AM CEST and whatever it is in other time zones

aka in 90 minutes.

y'all have 90 minutes to register and also to choose how many chapters per week we read

I'll put up a post with the full member list and all the details in 90 mins.

SO. SIGN UP HERE.

VOTE ON AMOUNT OF CHAPTERS TO READ HERE

YOU HAVE 90 MINUTES

The misery shall begin.

her weapon runs on death flags

Leone and Najenda are dying first

Leone is practically a walking death flag

I'm pretty sure she's died 3 times already and is still alive so I'm ready her to eat dirt

and yeah Najenda will drop too

but the plot is so obvious. Esdese kills Mein and Tatsumi goes berserk unlocking true power blah blah blah and fights Esdese

it's so easy

Dresden

nah Tatsumi isn't fighting Esdese. The latter is getting capped by Akame, because the sole purpose of Akame as a character is in being the person that can kill Esdese.

Tatsumi is killing the Prime Minister guy, because the minister is looking for a new wife, and this is a trashy enough manga that NTR is more than likely going to happen. RIP MEIN

Well, read all of Super Robot Retsuden just now.

Felt a lot like watching one of those crossover films with Getter and Mazinger, not really indepth with plot or anything serious. Just an excuse to have a bunch of old school robots in the same scene doing giant robot shit. Last chapter having Jeeg, Mazinger, Great, Grendizer, and Getter Dragon combine with a moonbase to transform into an even bigger robots was fucking awesome. Hyper Robo Dynamic Saga!

Also, Mazinger characters with Ken Ishikawa's artstyle feels weird, especially Kouji. It fits with Getter Robo pretty well for obvious reasons, and Ishikawa always did a good job at the shots of the villains that were humongous in scale, so that's nice.

Fun little side reading.

nah Tatsumi isn't fighting Esdese. The latter is getting capped by Akame, because the sole purpose of Akame as a character is in being the person that can kill Esdese.

Tatsumi is killing the Prime Minister guy, because the minister is looking for a new wife, and this is a trashy enough manga that NTR is more than likely going to happen. RIP MEIN

I forgot Akame even existed

woops

It feels like anyone even remotely strong has a counter for Akame's insta kills so I figure if she tried it on Esdeath she'd use ICE ARMOR or pull the I FROZE MY BLOOD HAHAHAHA card
Akame can hardly kill goons in armor sometimes

Dresden

This is how it'll go:

Leone dies rescuing Tatsumi

Najenda dies while killing Budou

Mein is captured

Prime Minister NTR; Tatsumi rage; dead Minister; dead Mein

Akame/Tatsumi vs. Esdese:

BuSKhNZ.png

This is how it'll go:

Leone dies rescuing Tatsumi

Najenda dies while killing Budou

Mein is captured

Prime Minister NTR; Tatsumi rage; dead Minister; dead Mein

Akame/Tatsumi vs. Esdese:

That seems logical, but I do hope Tatsumi drops as he's the one causing all these stupid problems.

Geez Dresden.

Not even I want Mein to get a bad end like that.

I just want her to die.

That's all.

Walkure Romanze - Shoujo Kishi Monogatari (NO. Gomesu) 15

I'm sure if this ever got an anime they would have the decency to animate best girls route and the battle against the true boss.

You know, instead of something like a generic harem anime with no girls winning and making the protagonist completely horse sexual.

Rhapsody

Banned
It feels like anyone even remotely strong has a counter for Akame's insta kills so I figure if she tried it on Esdeath she'd use ICE ARMOR or pull the I FROZE MY BLOOD HAHAHAHA card
Akame can hardly kill goons in armor sometimes

I actually expect Esdeath to do that as well lol. Actually legit surprised it didn't happen during that last fight to be honest.

Sazuka_Volume_1_%28English%29.jpg

AND SO IT BEGINS. It is now midnight BST on Monday 22nd of September 2014.

Today marks the beginning of the MangaGAF Suzuka book club readalong EXTRAVAGANZA

Brought to you by MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji

Bask in his glory:

26957.jpg

Over the next 6 weeks we will be reading a set amount of chapters of Suzuka a week and posting impressions on what will undoubtedly be a timeless classic.

Over the last week, 21 brave souls decided to join the book club. For what, you ask? To bask in the glory of our hero. And to get a recommendation in a banner in the OP if they make it through the 167 chapters (thanks Dramatis!)

For those who decide enough is enough at any point; you are better than the rest of us. And because of that you have to use an image of your choice of worst girl from another of MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji's epics: Kimi no Iru Machi as your avatar. You must use this avatar for an amount of days equal to the number of chapters you didn't read. For example, if you stop at chapter 67 you will have to use the avatar for 100 days.

These are the members:

1KWIDBB.png

The details:

We will read 30 chapters per week as decided by the people in this thread using a poll. Here is a screenshot of the results:

Week 1 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 28th September 2014): chapter 1-30
Week 2 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 5th October 2014): chapter 31-60
Week 3 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 12th October 2014): chapter 61-90
Week 4 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 19th October 2014): chapter 91-120
Week 5 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 26th October 2014): chapter 121 - 150
Week 6 (ends 23:59 BST on Friday 31st October 2014): chapter 150-167

NOTE. Week 6 has half the chapters so we'll end on Halloween, aka Friday October 31st instead. Fitting.

Thanks for taking part, it's gonna be fun. Good luck, and god speed folks.

I salute you.

Owari no Chronicle Vol. 3-A/3-B/3-C

Greek mythology merged with a machine world, robot maids, a mech that erases time, and a ton of new characters. It might be because this arc took three volumes to cover, but it really was a lot more interesting than 1 or 2. A nice balance between pre-existing characters and the new ones, and, while the concept of "metal possessing life" didn't seem as interesting as words or names, the automatons and Gods of Wars that came from that idea were really well done. And, as before, this certainly did explain various things about both of those that were glossed over or taken for granted in Horizon.

I'll probably hold off on moving to 4-A at the moment. Guess I'll check out the Horizon LN and see how well the anime adapted it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sazuka_Volume_1_%28English%29.jpg

AND SO IT BEGINS. It is now midnight BST on Monday 22nd of September 2014.

Today marks the beginning of the MangaGAF Suzuka book club readalong EXTRAVAGANZA

Brought to you by MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji

Bask in his glory:

26957.jpg

Over the next 6 weeks we will be reading a set amount of chapters of Suzuka a week and posting impressions on what will undoubtedly be a timeless classic.

Over the last week, 21 brave souls decided to join the book club. For what, you ask? To bask in the glory of our hero. And to get a recommendation in a banner in the OP if they make it through the 167 chapters (thanks Dramatis!)

For those who decide enough is enough at any point; you are better than the rest of us. And because of that you have to use an image of your choice of worst girl from another of MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji's epics: Kimi no Iru Machi as your avatar. You must use this avatar for an amount of days equal to the number of chapters you didn't read. For example, if you stop at chapter 67 you will have to use the avatar for 100 days.

These are the members:

1KWIDBB.png

The details:

We will read 30 chapters per week as decided by the people in this thread using a poll. Here is a screenshot of the results:

Week 1 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 28th September 2014): chapter 1-30
Week 2 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 5th October 2014): chapter 31-60
Week 3 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 12th October 2014): chapter 61-90
Week 4 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 19th October 2014): chapter 91-120
Week 5 (ends 23:59 BST on Sunday 26th October 2014): chapter 121 - 150
Week 6 (ends 23:59 BST on Friday 31st October 2014): chapter 150-167

NOTE. Week 6 has half the chapters so we'll end on Halloween, aka Friday October 31st instead. Fitting.

Thanks for taking part, it's gonna be fun. Good luck, and god speed folks.

I salute you.

30?!?! Fuck me :(

Akito

W
x
Y

Hm yeah, this is a pretty standard ero comedy series that doesn't really make use of its setting nor characters. Aside from some awkward moments and memorable quotes for the wrong reason, there's not much going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom