• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Help Me Find A Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally convinced my parents to actually do some research before buying a laptop (have just been going to the store and choosing one with horrible results), so they've given me the job of doing exactly that. Laptop is for both my parents and I.

So GAF, could you help me out with this. Budget is $500-800. Preferably Windows 7, but Windows 8 is also good. Needs at least 2 USB sockets, a DVD player, and an HMDI out.

Keyboard is preferably a mix between very clicky and not really a button (so there's feedback). Trackpad (since we may not always have a mouse on us) should have actual buttons. Laptop can be pretty big, but don't make it large enough that carrying it can hurt someone's back.

As for power, make it such that it can run some lower tier games, such as Terraria and a few other indie games. Maybe go up to handling a game or two of DOTA 2

So GAF, can you help me out here

If you need more specifications that I haven't mentioned, feel free to ask and I'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom