• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

maouvin

Nippon Ichi Software is not in trouble, it was just a joke that ended up poorly translated (there's probably a thread, just thought I'd post it in here since it came up before)

Crisis averted.

prinnydoodbydarksol222d.gif

Y'all better get D5 at launch either way.

Massa

I need recommendations guys. My girlfriend likes to play videogames and only console i have is PS3. She is just learning how to use a controller properly so she is not very good with every type of game. So far she liked the Puppeteer and Little Big Planet 3. Also Sega All Stars Racing. Any recommendations (could be single player or multiplayer) for me so i can get those to play with her?

Also i remember that Tomb Raider Guardian of Light or whatever it is being a good coop game. (Never played it personally). Is it worth a shot?

If you have a Move there are some great local coop games available for it. Tumble is a good one, you can play with a single controller (you pass it around between turns). Start The Party is alright too.

Tizoc

I need recommendations guys. My girlfriend likes to play videogames and only console i have is PS3. She is just learning how to use a controller properly so she is not very good with every type of game. So far she liked the Puppeteer and Little Big Planet 3. Also Sega All Stars Racing. Any recommendations (could be single player or multiplayer) for me so i can get those to play with her?

Also i remember that Tomb Raider Guardian of Light or whatever it is being a good coop game. (Never played it personally). Is it worth a shot?

Yeah Guardian of Light is a good co-op game.
There's also
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug X
Rayman Legends
Shock Trooper
Brothers: A tale of two sons
Jak 1
The Sly Trilogy
Ratchet and Clank
Portal 2 (I think digital is available only in EU PSN? has an excellent co-op mode if she doesn't mind First Person view)
Dead storm Pirates is available on EU PSN and is an arcade on-rails shooter and I think it is narmy and corny enough for ANYONE to enjoy playing
Adventures of Cookie and Cream
The PSX Spyro and Crash games are worth a look
If you don't mind old school beat'em-ups there's the Dungeons and Dragons collection

Mind you I listed some SP games but they're still worth looking into

Bringing my post here from the SAO thread:

The video shows Kirito, Asuna, Leafa, Silica, Lisbeth, Sinon, and Philia in action.

Watch it below. The game is due out for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan on March 26.

SAO Lost Song Second Trailer

This one is quite long and it actually shows gameplay. Skill palettes are there so my worries were put to bed, gameplay is still the same. The gameplay looked so fluid and fast that I was scared that they dialed back the combat by making it work through button presses only. Graphics look stunning, and the flying combat looks great. I'm ready for this :3

Zoe

Anybody ever get error E-2000102? The website says:

Code:
E-82000102	Issue adding funds to a sub account	Sub accounts do not have a wallet. Please add your funds from the Master Account linked to the sub account.

But I'm not using a sub account. This is my Japanese account, and I'm trying to download Joysound.TV.

I'm hoping it's just because it hasn't been fully activated yet. I had to find it through search.

Turns out it just wasn't ready. Didn't get a chance this morning to see if it actually works on a US PS4 though...

Zoe

It's super simple as long as you finish the setup. I have US, UK and JP accounts on my PS4 and PS3

I don't mean setting up accounts--I've had those forever. I mean checking whether Joysound is region blocked or not. The previous Joysound app on the PS3 was region blocked at a hardware level (though not IP), but the Vita app has no block at all.

nampad

Finished Akiba's Trip on Vita yesterday.

The presentation is really funny and well done when you start the game. The dialogues, Email and Twitter stuff add a lot to the ready crazy outset of the game (stripping vampires to beat them). In the end, the presentation got a little bit slow though with too much talking.

Unfortunately, the gameplay doesn't really hold up. The camera needs some work, the framerate isn't stable and the areas are all too small. The brawling is ok though the targeting and combos should be better.

Overall, I enjoyed the game but I would only rate it as a 6/10 because the gameplay issues are too glaring and the presentation doesn't hold up to the end.

MamBNHV.jpg

IiQ9auY.jpg

Flyhunter Origins - Vita

This game is like some lost licensed GBA 2D platformer. It is wonky, buggy (including having to start the level over) and has a terrible framerate but still is a lot of fun. Nothing new here but it does manage to have a certain amount of charm including cutsey cut scenes and pretty good art. Not hard at all as it seems to be aiming at a kid market that I am not sure exists on the Vita. I would never recommend this over the Raymond 2D games on Vita except maybe for a kid where Raymond can get very difficult. Good value as there is a good amount of content for the $7.

7/10

I do have to admit I am platformer junkie so mediocre platformers are still a lot of fun for me.

SerTapTap

I kind of only bought it to show support for the game. I got so much enjoyment out of PDF. That and I've been really good about buying games the past couple of months.

Yeah I can understand that. Just don't like to spend so much on a single game unless it's for physical goodies, myself. And I miss when $20 was more or less the max for a "season pass", was fine with that if I really like the game.

Diebuster

Is Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare not playable without PS+? Started it at my sister's place (who doesn't have PS+) and can't even browse through the main menu because of a prompt to subscribe.

bobohoro

Finals = Beaten. Gonna play SO much suikoden and dota.

Enjoy!

I had my last exam for the year today too, but sadly, writing some small papers and working on some presentations due in January will keep me on my toes all throughout the holidays.

Ah well, not that it ever hindered me from procastrinating and putting tons of hours into videogames instead, but I will have and hate my guilty conscience. ;)

I'm debating on getting Yakuza 4. Never played one, but was always kinda interested and for 20€ it seems kinda awesome. I just don't know if I even have the time for it.

Shizuka

Started Persona Q last night, it felt so good to meet the P4 crew again after playing the game last year. That said, I still want to play Tales of Hearts R as soon as possible.

SerTapTap

^ Tower of Guns was pretty fun, I did a video a while back of the PC version. Plays a lot like a Doom roguelike, fairly difficult, lots of double, triple and more jumping. I didnt' get so far though, I never play roguelikes long, with a few exceptions. Surprised it's coming to PS3 too.

Is Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare not playable without PS+? Started it at my sister's place (who doesn't have PS+) and can't even browse through the main menu because of a prompt to subscribe.

There's a solo mode (that's largely imbalanced against you since it's just co op mode without co op) and local co op but I have no idea how it works without PS+ and can't check myself.

Enjoy!

I had my last exam for the year today too, but sadly, writing some small papers and working on some presentations due in January will keep me on my toes all throughout the holidays.

Ah well, not that it ever hindered me from procastrinating and putting tons of hours into videogames instead, but I will have and hate my guilty conscience. ;)

Thanks! Hope your work over the break doesn't consume all your vidya time.

Gremio is the most obnoxious character in Suikoden, swear to god.

autoduelist

Doodle God -- probably one of my least favorite games of all time. It's pure trial and error-athon. You start with the 4 elements and try to combine them to create hundreds... steam+ship = steamship, that sort of thing. But... it's so obscure at times that you end up just clicking every combo looking for ones you missed, and totally stop 'thinking' about might make sense, since so many barely do, and so many you want to work don't. I want it to be a great puzzle game, like that once-popular web game where you try to guess words in a big web, but it just doesn't have that magic.

Dragon's Crown --
glad I got this on ps+. It's beautiful, and fluid, and I can tell it's great... but i just hate 2d brawlers and, sadly, like Odin's Sphere and Muramasa before it, it will be retired unfinished. At least I learned this time and didn't shell out cash.
(for some reason brawlers and fighters turn me into a button masher, even though i have no issue playing other complex arcade games correctly)

SerTapTap

Dragon's Crown --
glad I got this on ps+. It's beautiful, and fluid, and I can tell it's great... but i just hate 2d brawlers and, sadly, like Odin's Sphere and Muramasa before it, it will be retired unfinished. At least I learned this time and didn't shell out cash.
(for some reason brawlers and fighters turn me into a button masher, even though i have no issue playing other complex arcade games correctly)

There's no complex sequential input in Muramasa or Dragon's crown, I don't know why you'd mash...

There's no complex sequential input in Muramasa or Dragon's crown, I don't know why you'd mash...

Because some people mash when they're playing a fast paced game with any sequential inputs. I do the same thing. It's not like I consciously say to myself "I should mash", I just do.

Dragon's Crown --

Felt the same. 2D brawlers are not my thing. I do like 3D God of War brawlers tho.

SerTapTap

Because some people mash when they're playing a fast paced game with any sequential inputs. I do the same thing. It's not like I consciously say to myself "I should mash", I just do.

Dragon's Crown isn't even really sequential though.At least with Sorceress it was basically "pick one of 4 attacks". Now Bayonetta I have issues with, mostly because you need to time your inputs and it's "hold" input feels really weird. I guess I'm spoiled by Skullgirls' cancel-based inputs and don't have a great sense of timing repeated inputs. Also I hate charge characters.

Dragon's Crown isn't even really sequential though.At least with Sorceress it was basically "pick one of 4 attacks". Now Bayonetta I have issues with, mostly because you need to time your inputs and it's "hold" input feels really weird. I guess I'm spoiled by Skullgirls' cancel-based inputs and don't have a great sense of timing repeated inputs. Also I hate charge characters.

All 2D brawlers (on a purely input/muscle memory level) play similarly, regardless of if they actually have propr sequential inputs. It's the way brawlers play. And it makes some people mash. All there really is to it.

Producer

Eh I actually liked it a lot. Between it and Dragon's Crown, I'd say I enjoyed the latter more, but Muramasa was pretty fun still.

I just didn't like how the combat revolved around abusing the i-frames from Secret Arts and blade switching. Every enemy even down to grunts also seems to have armor in their attacks, which meant you pretty much had to use those 2 tactics i mentioned in order to not get hit.

i just couldn't really get into it. At least the food looked delicious

SerTapTap

I loved Muramasa, only major problem I had with combat is the TERRIBLE way charge attacks work. I just spammed weak attacks (or specials if possible) to break their blades, took less damage than trying the stupid hold down and whatever it is.

But I didn't really see a need to massively abuse invincibility frames or anything. Yeah, you'll take damage, but I only died a few times, mostly my fault. Several times on the Raijin boss, but I wouldn't call it unfair. I only played momohime's story and haven't gotten the true end yet, but I thought it was mostly quite good. I found very few enemies to be annoying beyond anyone with a sword you have to break because of the aforementioned charge attacks.

I just didn't like how the combat revolved around abusing the i-frames from Secret Arts and blade switching. Every enemy even down to grunts also seems to have armor in their attacks, which meant you pretty much had to use those 2 tactics i mentioned in order to not get hit.

i just couldn't really get into it. At least the food looked delicious

I just kinda played the game without thinking too much about it so you may be right about it gameplay wise. And yes, I actually went around trying all different plates just to see what they looked like.

Producer

Nice article.

Man, if we were to ever get iM@S, it would be glorious. Cause i sure as hell ain't paying $55 for those ios games.

Nice to hear about SAO too, but its kind of expected. The game was #1 in NA and EU for 2 months straight, and just recently had a sale so it should continue doing good.

Top Bottom