• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Satisfying Thing to do in a Game

SnowTeeth

Banned
Taking down entire buildings with 10 or more remote charges strategically placed amongst small explosive barrels in Red Faction: Guerrilla

Pulling and throwing vegetables at enemies in Super Mario Bros. 2. There's something so satisfying about it, probably due to the sound design and the animation.

Also, reversals in Tekken.

kingkaiser

Ninja Gaiden Black

Wallrun ---> Decapitation

ryuswukfp.gif

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Catching super rare/legendary pokemon in a regular pokeball.
Breeding a perfect pokemon 100% legit in pokemon until you say f this shit
Reloading in re4.
Active reload in gears of war.
multi-parry/super in street fighter 3
The entire first play through of journey
Getting that last rare drop in monster hunter to finish your bad ass new weapon
Landing that super difficult flashy combo you've been practicing forever in any fighting game.

Those are pretty top shelf.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I always come out sounding like a psychopath with this but... killing that annoying fucker in WRPGs that let you kill anyone.

Cockblocking me from saving the world? I'll fucking kill you and take the quest item off your dead body.

Cocky bastard sicko leading some group of sickos who think they have the power to negotiate? You're all fucking dead.

You want to hang around me but all you ever do is whine about unimportant shit and hold us all back while starting diplomatic complications wherever we go? You're fucking dead.

Insult my dead dad, who was a goddamn saint, to my face, while telling me I'm self-entitled brat who didn't accomplish anything real after I fought like 2000 mutants just to arrive? I'll let my dog kill you.

Corrupt asshole who is oppressing people and always protects himself with guards? I'll sneak into your house and kill you in your sleep.

I think it's mostly satisfying because of the hundreds of times in gaming you have your character mope around helplessly because someone won't open a door for them to go save the world or some stupid shit like that.

ShogunX

Gears of War 1/2/3 online headshot. All the better if you wall bounce first or hit a no scope with a sniper.

The pop is like a water melon getting squashed.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
9v2BtkJm.jpg

Wall jumping/sliding in anything ever.

Aces&Eights

That perfect reload in Gears of War. I am a habitual reloader and have a very serious OCD when it comes to reloading. Even if I shoot one bullet I have to reload. When I have multiple guns I have to scroll through each one and make sure they are all reloaded. If I have a clip and a half, I will waste the half so I have a fully loaded clip.

I die a lot in Multiplayer

batbeg

Jumping or rolling everywhere in every game that will let me. Most recently in Borderlands the Pre Sequel it's been super fun to jump and boost through the air with the oxygen tank.

Getting 3 stars on a time trial in Mirror's Edge.
Also, getting the final kill to win an Uncharted 2 team deathmatch 50-49 after being down 49-43.

zeroroute

Banned
Most of the ones I've thought of have been mentioned, but here's mine: I've been playing rush 2049 lately, and crashing into a racer that's finished and you're about to blow em up by hitting them at 200mph is hilarious for some reason.

crimzon-clover-world-ignition-screenshot-03.png
mushihime-sama-futari-ver-1-5-xbox-360-002.jpg

Crimzon Clover < > Mushihimesama Futari
013_cs1w1_590x-540x302.jpg

Akia Katana
0.jpg

Dodonpachi Resurrection

Big Lasers & Highscore: Gold, Gems, Oversized Score Chains & Big Kill Bonuses are like digital crack, sure these elements are common with Puzzlers and JRPG's but it works so much better in a challenging & fast moving action game like a shmup.

TheGamer

Mine has always been getting headshots in an FPS or scoring a goal in fifa. The feeling of hearing the ball hit the net is one of the most satisfying moments in a game for me.

gg1.gif

Vinsanity

Come on guys, Hard Punch into Small Dragon in Street Fighter II with Ryu.

Surely?

Jump in with Hard Kick cross up to begin with for extra satisfaction!!

How about jumping fierce, fierce, sonic boom... and then landing the backhand with Guile in SF2? Perfection.

jadedm17

Chain sawing in Gears of War (second is shotgun battles)
Off-road tires on a sports car plus mountains in GTA V
Shotgun plus Blink in Destiny PVP
Kirby's down B in Smash Bros Melee - Charizards over B in Smash Bros WiiU
Catching legendary Pokemon without a Master Ball

Collecting agility orbs in Crackdown. I can still hear that pulsating sound that gets louder as I get closer.
That damn first post, great job my friend.

Taking down entire buildings with 10 or more remote charges strategically placed amongst small explosive barrels in Red Faction: Guerrilla

Really every kill in the multiplayer. Personally I enjoyed charging buildings or level the entire building to crush them. Battlefield 4 helped continue this tradition.

Takedowns in Burnout are the best. Such a tactile experience.

Yes, this, how did I forget this?

Anything in Halo. I loved Halo 3 Big Team Battle, and even Reach. So much chaos.

Strolling into a base in footmen frenzy (Warcraft 3 custom game) with the chieftain with immolation and straight up wreck players with low level footmen. U feel so damn powerful and awesome.

Hyunkel6

Recently, nailing those 180 barrel rolls in RE6. People can say what they want about the game. I thought it was one of the best of the series.

redcrayon

Finding secret doors in Etrian Odyssey/Strange Journey by virtue of having hand-drawn a perfect map and it being the only possible route remaining.

Top Bottom