• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Finished a couple more games, really enjoyable experiences that I recommend anyone who hasn't had a chance plays them.

ORIGINAL POST

mpoUpiW.jpg

Game 11: Hearthstone - 10+ hours - 17/01/2015 - PC

It's been awhile since I last got time to invest into a game. I got back into Hearthstone at the start of the year though and I must've easily spent over 10 hours playing it. Why doesn't EVERY game/console keep track of playtime? I'm still pretty novice at the game, and the whole card game genre in general but it's a really enjoyable game. I love how they have 'illustrated' the game, the way all of the cards look and interact on the board. And the game boards themselves are awesome! I love tinkering with the random things around the edge of them while I wait for my turn.

HFEqIPM.jpg

Game 12: The Unfinished Swan - 6 hours - 18/01/2015 - PS4

A unique, beautiful and fun adventure game.. I loved every minute of it. The art style is superb, I was constantly taking screenshots. Even though there is hardly any detail it just looks so good. I love how the game mechanics evolved and changed, I was worried it'd stay the same and get a bit old. There were quite a few wow moments with a few jumpey ones thrown in too.
The credit sequence and the portals to the blue house were awesome.
I really enjoyed how it ended too. Overall it was a great experience, I ended up getting all of the trophies!

LRgzQJH.jpg

Game 13: Flower - 2 hours - 18/01/2015 - PS4

A quarter of the way there! I've completed way more games than I expected to already woop! Another really unique and gorgeous game that I have been waiting to get my hands on. It was a magical, relaxing experience, very different to the typical game I'd play. The soundtrack and general audio really helped add to the whole thing. I wasn't a fan of the controls though, it took awhile to get used to it and I feel like I'd rather have had the option to use traditional methods.

jb1234

Game 10 - Outland – Started 2/14/15, finished 2/18/15 – 7 hours

This was a game that I had started years ago on the 360 but never finished. When I sold the console, I bought the PC version and started over. It's a fun little Metroidvania with engaging Ikaruga elements (switching colors to dodge bullets). Some of the boss battles in particular were well-designed and a nice challenge., the final boss in particular which made me rage for over an hour. It didn't help that I was unwilling to grind for gold to buy more health and special attack upgrades. It's just a shame the game is a tad graphically sterile. The art itself looks great but it doesn't differ a whole lot throughout the game and after a while, fatigue set in, not helped by how samey a lot of the gameplay is. It was a fun diversion in between sessions of Lufia 2 but I don't see myself really remembering the game in the future.

Original post

StingX2

a2IoJeV.jpg

Beaten Game #18 Bang Bang Racing (XBLA) - 4 Hours
(Started 6/17/12 / Finished 2/13/15)

This is like Super Sprint or Racing Gears Advance.. It is a top down slot car looking racing game. There aren't any weapons and the Bang Bang in the title oddly refers to the barrels that can explode in races. You can also light oil slicks on fire with nitro if you want. Right amount of challenge and a very smooth camera. A winner for arcade racing fans.

m0UyPIE.jpg

Beaten Game #19 Elements of Destruction (XBLA) - 2 Hours
(Started 2/3/15 - Finished 2/18/15)

Weird game. You play as a mad scientist out to destroy the world. The game is like Blast Corps + Populus god mode destruction stuff. Very very short game.

OG Post

v1ncelis

OG post

GTA IV (lost the track of the time it took to finish the game but I got a Liberty City Minute trophy which means I finished game in less then 30 hours)
I was playing PS3 version and even though most people thinks it looks really bad it wasn't a case for me. It's blurry yes but it still looks better then something newer like Saint's Row 4. Still it's crazy to think what Rockstar achieved later with GTA V compared to IV on the same hardware.
Gameplay is still fun though I was really missing planes and countryside to explore. Physics engine was awesome back in 2008 but now it just annoys me. Character is really hard to control especially in close combat. Because of that I was dying more than I should. That brings another problem - checkpoint system as there isn't any. If I die at any point of the mission I'm end up at the hospital with only text message showing up if I want to repeat the mission. Some missions are really long and contain really long and boring driving from point a to point b sections. That's huge negative for me. Last but not least is main characters phone. Calls, messages appears on the screen way to often. Doesn't help that I can't ignore calls as without answering them I can't get any new story missions.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Main post.

untitled-1elkzo.jpg

Game #7 Super Mario Land. Completed, rescued Princess Daisy twice. Listened to "If Super Mario Land Had Lyrics".

Very much a simple and short Mario platformer that clearly shows not just the limitations of early Game Boy carts, but the lack of experience of making such a handheld platformer so early on in the handheld's life span. Blurry movement, limited enemies, lack of challenge other than teleporting rocks, and the sheer shortness of it with no desire to replay it in this day and age hurts what it was.

It's strengths above others does exist. Music is strong, the art design to make each stage and enemy unique were done with classic Nintendo charm, and I enjoyed the brief interludes of shoot-em-ups over the annoying swimming sections of it's NES big brother. As a Game Boy title of it's time it proved the controls could be done well, be responsive, and be represented by a clear and present character at all times.
Also bonus points for introducing Daisy (HI, she's Daisy), who later became the love of Luigi's life. So much so the people of her kingdom built an entire statue in the centre of a town portraying their love.

While I appreciate the creativity of taking what worked so well on the NES and fitting it to the confines of that green and black LCD screen, it never proved to be entertaining enough to me as so many other Mario titles have and as such I can't say I truly enjoyed it all that much. True it might have been something astounding when it came out, but I was not there when it came out and what I have experience today leaves it lacking.

I can only recommend it to others to see where Mario once was or those who want something quite quick and basic.

untitled-2psjle.jpg

Game #8 Peggle Classic for iOS. Adventure mode beaten, each challenge completed. Ace Score and 100% Peggle Clear achieved on every stage.

Not my first time having beaten and cleared through all Peggle had to offer, having been addicted to it when it was first released on PC and then once more when Origin gave me a free copy, but this was the first time done so on a mobile device.
This pachinko/bagatelle inspired peg clearing title remains as fun as ever no matter what device it is played on. Simple in execution of aiming, seeking high score, and clearing out the table as best one can with a variety of powers and trick shots to learn leaves an entertaining title to master all the same.

While what made it work on PCs, home consoles, and the Nintendo DS all remains here for the core game design and mechanics, I'm afraid the main interface of touch controls over that of buttons and/or a mouse left me wanting more often than not and caused several failures that would not have procured on other platforms. Never to the point I felt I couldn't complete a stage or be entertained by the game, but when I sought out the harder challenges, the highest of scores, and the 100% completion, I often messed up because I couldn't get the exact position down and at times had to depend on luck/being close enough rather than exact skill.

Still a great game for any mobile device and I highly recommend it to people, but if given the choice I would always play it on DS or PC rather than touch screen and will only return to this version if I feel a need to scratch an itch in a few years while on the go.

untitled-33ajps.jpg

Game #9 Tobe & Friends Hookshot Escape on iOS. Completed by getting a high score I was happy with, unlocked another character, saw as much as I felt the game was going to offer.

Call it yet another in a long line of endless vertical scrollers, call it a reverse Mr. Driller, but in the end I say it's simple an okay time waster whose game play could use a better virtual button lay out and more reason to keep playing beyond just high score and travel distance.

Okay this will be my main post now:

Mt6bTJm.png

Oh yeah, before starting just saying i'm doing this with the backlog challenge too, so expect many, many psx/snes/gba games with a ocasional ps3 game or two.

Bnr7snR.png

Game #1 Kagero: Deception 2 - Played ~10 hours - Beat and got one ending of the four.

This game was added on my backlog recently, cause i got interested on Deception IV, but dont have a Vita, so finding that there were three games of this franchise already localized was great! About the game, this was my introduction to the deception series, really liked, had some issues with tankish movement and other minor techinnal stuff, but its forgetable cause it was on ps1 times, the premise of the story is cool, but the way iy's told isnt the best... so you wont be amazed y the plot twists or will remember of it for more than a month either. With all that, i have to say.... i loved to be the "villain in the castle" putting traps on the castle and killing intruders >:)

Rating: ***1/2

4WJnc59.png

Game #2 Spyro the Dragon - Played ??? - Got 120% on it (it means i 100% the game)

Decided to revisit my childhood replaying the Spyro series again, and funny that i never got to beat this game before.... my analysis: Tight controls, one of the best collect a tons games on the story, spyro i bit unlikeable on tis game, sometimes i really wanted subtitles, not a hard game, slight harder to 100% but not a hard task too, loved the game from start to finish, love the strtucture of hub world + portals to other ones, and the hub world is a stage too.

Rating: ****

Just beat Uncharted 3 today and so far my list is:

1. Danganronpa 2 (platinum)
2. Gravity Rush (platinum)
3. Flower
4. Ico
5. God of War (platinum)
6. Shadow of the Colossus
7. Uncharted 3

Doing God of War 2 now.

I'm right on track for this challenge. Beating games way faster than I usually do which is great. Also it has been a very Playstation year so far lol

sackninja

Eight game done and it was a great one.

Game 8:Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor: Amazing game. It just kept getting better and better. Did a few of the side quests. Really enjoyed taking over an entire army and commanding them. Amazing graphics as well. The nemisis system was amazing, it could fit in so many different genres, honestly the randomly generated quests and stories put many other games that attempt random quests to shame. I'm looking at you radiant quests. The combat was super fun. The game really succeded in making you feel like a badass.Yet it managed to still have some challenge. Nothing about the game was bad. Everything was well polished and well thought out. The main story was a bit confusing, knowing nothing about lotr. Besides that, this is definitly the new benchmark for AAA games this gen. 9 out of 10, recomend it to anyone on next gen, don't know about last gen, it's meant to be really bad. Also cliffhanger and quick time event final boss was dissapointing.

Original post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144732676&postcount=106

Nete

Original post

renegadeawudp.png

#14: Renegade Ops (PC)
7 hours

A great Strike series, comic-book, G.I.Joe and Expendables mash-up. It looks beautiful, it plays great, is intense as hell, and it will make you chuckle several times with how stupid the story is. It could be longer and some missions could do with more varied objectives or situations, but overall is one of the greatest and funniest surprises I've had on the last few years. Sadly I had no one to play with in coop, which I guess could have added an extra star.
★★★☆☆

tiem7u3x.png

#15: TIE Fighter (PC)
~22 hours

As Dungeon Keeper 2 said back then, it's good to be bad. But it's even better to make the bad people good, and TIE Fighter does that insanely well. The Star Wars Empire has always been portrayed as THE Lawful Evil fiction organization, but this game subverts it without insulting the player's intelligence. You are not member of an oppresing empire. You are an agent of order, somebody who fights to keep the peace in a galaxy full of criminals, traitors, terrorists and local civil wars, and you do it from the cockpit of a fucking TIE.

The game may have been surpassed in most of its features (gameplay, scale, narrative) by XWA or other later space sims, but it still shines as one of the best games ever done without any doubt, and 21 years after its release it remains a pleasure to play while features some of the best highlights I've seen in a game. I mean, you even have the goddam Darth Vader as your wingman in some missions.
★★★★★

Hikami

90b7faed01.jpg

Game 17: Demon Gaze
Playtime: 61:21 (100%
7cf0de3a30.png
)
Start/Finish: Jan 21st, 2015 - Feb 19th, 2015
// Only a really good game could get me to play it for 40+ hours. Loved this game and I didn't really like other dungeon crawlers like Etrian Odyssey.
--

main post

CengizMan

z9I5l9y.png

inFAMOUS
Duration played: Unknown

I died a lot. Pretty neat game, although it felt a bit rough around the edges. The core concept of the game is enjoyable enough to keep playing, even if it wasn't executed perfectly. The Dutch voice acting was horrible though. I should have played it in English. Ended the game as a good guy with a 71% completion rate, which is pretty respectable I think. I always feel the urge to go trophy hunting after finishing a game, but I'd rather invest that time in new games. Got this way back from the PSN 2011 PlayStation Network outage. Glad I finally finished it.

(Original post with list of completed games.)

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Original post

Game 14: You have to win the game - 3 hours

A game like VVVVVV, with the difference that here you'll aquire some new moves (double jump, etc) as you progress. A nice free game for those looking for challenging platforming.

Game 15: Wonder Boy in Monster World - 6 hours

Now this was a surprise; I bought the $2 Genesis pack with more than 50 games (it's basically an emulator with roms, but hey! it's legal!) from Amazon the other day, and this was a gem. Holds up really well IMO, very playable and great music. Great game.

jnWake

Main Post

Game #11. Super Metroid (SNES VC)
- Time played: 14:21 hours.
- Completion reached: 100% completion! Cleared the game once. Will probably try and do sub 3:00 sometime.

Super Metroid is always lauded as one of the best games ever, yet I had never played it! Now that I did I can see why it's so popular. The controls of the game are pretty good, the game is quite challenging and the atmosphere is amazing (the loneliness and creepiness of the world is truly incredible). The complete lack of text tutorials deserves a lot of praise too.

The game is simply wonderfully crafted. As you progress you gain new abilites that let you explore those silly corners you saw but couldn't reach before. It's amazing! The idea is very simple and many games execute it well, but since this game completely lacks explanations, you feel like you figure everything by yourself. Even the special abilites (Wall Jump and Shinespark) are taught by creative methods rather than a sign telling you how to do them. I do wish wall jumping was a bit easier to perform.

Incredible game, everyone with interest in designing games should play it because it's almost perfectly made.

Teggy

Original post

Game 17: Gemini Rue - 9 hours
# Played on MAC, finished 2/18. Fantastic story and a reasonable difficulty for an adventure game. Some very cool pixel art/animation and the music was also impressive for such a small game.

Game 18: Nihilumbra - 3.5 hours
# Played on MAC, finished 2/19. Sort of the Portal 2 paint levels in a 2d platformer. Very short, and I felt like they could have made the game more interesting by requiring more combinations in the puzzles. Completed story mode and tried the "Void" mode, but it's ridiculously difficult.

jb1234

Game 11 - Lufia 2 – Started 2/10/15, finished 2/19/15 – 28 hours

March is going to be dedicated to several SNES games that I've started several times but never finished. But to get a head start, I decided to do Lufia 2 in February. I've played about a third of this game in the past before usually moving on to something else. Turns out there's a reason. The game is formulaic to a fault, with static storytelling, characters and especially locations. It's basically town/dungeon/town/dungeon to the very end and the dungeons are almost all caves or towers. About ten hours in, there was a mountain area and it was a refreshing breath of air (and it helps that some of the toughest puzzles were in there). But even then, it just meant that mountain areas joined the rotation and I soon got sick of those too.

What helps is that the dungeons are loaded with puzzles, some fairly easy, others pretty fiendish. It really helps liven up areas that are otherwise monster slogs, especially with the Dragon Quest-esque battle system which is slow as hell. I wish that later JRPGs followed in this game's footsteps at least in that area. Some decent tunes (especially the battle themes) are also in the game's favor. I just wish that the many hours I spent on it didn't feel like such a chore.

Original post

Arthea

original post

update

# 10: A Bird Story - 1 hour
very boring and not much of a game.

# 11: Loot Hunter - 24 hours
As my playtime shows I liked this pirate sim a lot. It is a simple game, you play as a pirate that has only one goal, to get rich, very rich, preferably filthy rich. Combat in this game is match three without combos what makes it to play very differently. I recommend it wholeheartily.

# 12: Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride - 11 hours
yet another Artifex Mundi adventure game, this one longish and really good, only I still don't understand how anybody can finish a domino game under a minute, what annoys me to no end, well I don't really like that domino minigame either, so there is that. But it is a good game overall.

LGom09

#7. God of War II HD (PS3) -- February 20 -- 9:32:11 -- ★★★★☆
The combat is probably the worst part of this game. Even the slow, powerful weapons lack any sense of impact, and aside from not feeling good, it just isn't very fun or interesting. Otherwise, the game is great. Level design is really good, some of the puzzles are pretty satisfying, and the action is well paced. Not in the upper echelon of character action games for me, but still very good.

GLuigi

Original Post

Game #8: Earthbound (Wii U VC) - 29 Hours
I forgot I had this on my Wii U from last year's Club Nintendo Elite status rewards. This was my 2nd time playing through the game (first time was a couple years back and it was love at first sight). Second time around, I still love it as much as the first time. Earthbound is just one of those games where you just sit back and enjoy the journey I can never get tired of the rolling HP meter, I wish more games used it. I also learned something new this time around, when one of your party member's HP goes to 0 and you defeat the enemy before the "party member has fainted" message comes out, that party member's HP goes back to 1. Maybe one of these days, I will take the time to complete the game 100%.

Game #9: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS) - 20 Hours
I thought i would dislike the new sprites, but I didn't think they were that bad. Sure, some of the episode specific characters looked really off, but for the most part I didn't think it was that bad. The sprites in Case 5 looked really good, although that's cause the sprites used there were more recently made. Its weird to see how calm Phoenix is in the eariler cases compared to the rest of the trilogy. I need to go back and check out some scenes in the original game, I don't remember Gumshoe having a picture of Maggie in his locker or that french cafe in AA3 being on the flier that Gumshoe gives to Edgeworth being there in the first place. Anyways, its a pretty good port, and can't wait to play the other games again.

Planning to tackle something on my Steam backlog next. Not sure which game yet, it's a toss up between This War is Mine, The Fall, Shadowrun Returns, and Spec Ops: The Line

Original Post

Game 9: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions -
Started: 2/14/14
Finished: 2/20/15

mzo5dG0.jpg

Geometry Wars 3 is an amazing game. It's also a difficult game. Unlike some other twin-stick shooters, I felt like when I died in this game, it was my fault alone. With scores in each level being rewarded with one, two or three stars, Geometry Wars 3 comes across as a game that is easy enough to complete straight through with the minimum amount of stars, but is very difficult to master. In my time with the game I usually received two stars as a reward for my efforts, which was enough to continue my progression in the game's adventure mode, and unlock the ability to fight the game's final boss. This proved to be no easy task, forcing me to retry levels multiple times often. Despite this frustration though, I enjoyed every minute of it because of the game's engaging and well-crafted soundtrack, as well as its surprisingly well put together visuals. The game looks, sounds and plays great, with its only shortcomings being the possibility of some players being frustrated with the game's difficulty, and sometimes ridiculous amount of projectiles on the screen.

Hours Played : 13

Overall Score : 9.0

"Play it if you like Resogun, other twin-stick shooters"

header.jpg

Game #9: Valkyria Chronicles - 2/8/15(28 hours)
Playing this made me sad, knowing that we will likely never see the 2nd on pc or even the 3rd getting a Western release. Took me a while to really get into it and get the strategy rust off since it's been years since I've played anything like this. Kinda exploited the hell out of saving mid battle near the end, which made some of those missions really easy when I could just set a goal each turn and reset a turn if things didn't go well. Honestly thought the story wouldn't add much to itself since they made so much of it known at the start, but it started to get pretty good once it got past the first few chapters.

250px-Smetroidbox.jpg

Game #10: Super Metroid - 2/15/15(4.5 hours)
This is like my tenth time going through this and it still hasn't lost much from when I went through it the first time. I may not think it's aged as well as Prime, but it's still one of the best Metroid games out there. Only thing I wish is that they would make use of Kraid again and make him more than just an easy first boss. Got 72% on this playthrough.

header.jpg

Game #11: Huniepop - 2/19/15(9 hours)
Poppin them hunnies. This was a gift....that I asked for. For being a really basic Bejeweled, the puzzles honestly weren't all that bad. Only thing I thought they should have done differently was make there be more conversations between the girls and not just them talking to you.
Tiffany was the bes.

header.jpg

Game #12: Castle in the Darkness - 2/20/15(9 hours)
This is the first game that I have bought thanks to watching a streamer play it, and it was worth the price. After playing through Super Metroid again, I wanted more, and this looked like a fairly nice Metroidvania with all it's references to oldschool gaming. Really think there should have been an easier difficulty though since some of the spike traps were kinda too much and took multiple deaths to get the jumps right. Finished with 91% and will likely go back at some point to 100% it.

post update

Main post

Game 7: Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) - 11 hours [2/21/15] ★★½
m_s_s_logo_zpsf9ylizfh.png

Beat the game, completed 156/173 side cases.

I was excited for this game when it was first shown, and was a little bummed that it got a pretty lukewarm reception when it came out. Mostly, the game delivered on my minimum expectations (which means I still liked it), but never goes above and beyond that.

It's generally the type of game that I wanted (cool art style, story-driven, detective-style adventure, no combat, exploration). But it's the gameplay that is woefully shallow; everything feels half-baked. The abilities that you have are never utilized in the creative ways that you would hope, and the actual investigations that you do are all too simple.

All that said, I still got a lot out of exploring the streets and buildings of Salem to find secrets. It's a neat game that just felt unfinished, and considering Airtight closed just after this came out, it's possible that Murdered: Soul Suspect never got the opportunity to be the great game that it potentially could have. Instead, it's a largely unpolished game with good ideas but a lack of execution on those ideas, but still with enough charm and unique qualities to make the playthrough worthwhile.

Original Post

I haven't updated my list in a while, but between Feb 9th and Feb 16th, I beat 4 games.

header.png

Game 6: The Swapper (PS4)- 5 hours

Gorgeous game; I usually hate puzzle games, but this one was very polished. I got stuck on a couple of puzzles near the end, but most of them could be logically solved without resorting to a guide. I loved the ending, although I wish I had paid more attention to the story as I was playing the game. Recommended to any puzzle game fans.

hqdefault.jpg

Game 7: Velocity 2X (PS4)- 6 hours

This game blew me away; I went in with no expectations, but I was hooked from the first mission. The controls are smooth, the platforming elements are fun and my goodness that soundtrack....I played with headphones everytime just so I could be absorbed by the music. The last 10 or so missions are pretty fun, as you have to backtrack in a lot of the levels, so there are some light puzzle elements at play. Highly recommended.

LegoCityUndercover.jpg

Game 8: Lego City Undercover (WiiU)- 15 hours

I've played quite a few Lego games, but none of them have made me laugh as much as this one. The voice acting was superb and the movie references had me in stitches; there was so much love put into this game. I hope they make a sequel; I was also impressed at how they utilized the Gamepad in this game, as it was very useful and didn't feel gimmicky at all. Any Lego fan has to play this game.

Skylanders-Twitter-Logo-HiRes-300x300.jpg

Game 9: Skylanders Spyro's Adventure (Xbox 360)- 17 hours

I ended up playing this in co-op with my wife; we both had a blast and I'm looking forward to playing the next one with her as well (Giants). Even though this is geared towards kids, it still presents a challenge in the later levels, especially the final boss fight, which was pretty intense. The Heroic Challenges also present a nice bonus for those who want to get more out of the core gameplay. I was impressed by this game, and now I see why these games basically print money for Activision. Recommended, especially if you want to play co-op. I hope to play this with my son when he grows up.

daveo42

Banned
Game 3: The Order 1886 - 9h | Started: 2/20/15 - Completed: 2/21/15

Not a bad game, but it still has a lot of flaws that hold it back. Visually and audibly stunning, but lackluster gun combat, cover system, and story. I'd love to see a sequel with all of these areas and ideas fully fleshed out and improved. I'm also not 100% on the game time, but it did feel like a decent-length, even if
the end comes way too abruptly.

Initial post here

Zoracka

dtHKKNE.png

I've played through Super Mario 3D Land once before, but I never completed the very last level of the game. My save file got deleted some time ago and now was the perfect time to pick up this little gem and complete all levels.

#5 - Super Mario 3D Land(16 hours, Nintendo 3DS)
Platforming games with the red-blue colored and thick mustached plumber have always been my cup of tea, and Super Mario 3D Land is no exception. The story is what you'd come to expect from this franchise: Princess Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser and it's up to Mario to save her - And collect huge coins, obviously. The biggest noticeable aspect that makes 3D Land stand out from previous entries in the series is no doubt the isometric view. It's no longer about going strictly from left to right like the roots of Mario games, but neither a 3D crafted world where you can run to a world's four corners like we saw in Super Mario 64 and entries hereafter. Super Mario 3D Land manages to take elements from both worlds and the combination is very succesful. It's new, it's fresh - but it's still the characters and charm we have come to love. It's another Mario game.

It's not only the isometric view that 3D Land uses to differentiate itself from other Mario games - it uses the Nintendo 3DS' capabilities that no previous systems from Nintendo can do: stereoscopic 3D. While I personally don't use this feature in general, it did help toward completing the levels in 3D Land that was designed with 3D in mind. These levels are few and some are optional hidden routes, but they can all be completed with the 3D turned off. 3D or not, Super Mario 3D Land is a gorgeous game. The simplistic design, combined with lots of colors really make the game shine. Instead of grounding the worlds in "reality" like Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario 64, Mario is just traversing from blocks to blocks and it captures the essence of what made bonus levels in Super Mario Sunshine (where you did not have F.L.U.D.D to guide you) excellent. The art style works wonders and the game oozes of personality.

For me, Mario games are primarily platform games - and while I do enjoy a race or speedrun here and there, I don't like too much of it. 3D Land have too many levels depending on speedrunning in the last half of the game and as a result, it feels like the platforming has been turned down to accommodate the new challenge and I think this is unfortunate. Sometimes they do come in rapid succession and I called quit because I didn't enjoy this aspect of the game (Something they got rid of in Super Mario 3D World). It doesn't help that 3D Land is a rather easy game already - partly because the racoon power-up is quite powerful. I'd recommend not using this power-up as it does make lots of the harder jumps very obsolete or even skippable.

It might be easy, but it still a fantastic game. 3D Land makes a beautiful blend between 2D and 3D platformers - it's definitely a worthy entry in the Mario franchise and if you have a Nintendo 3DS this game is a must.

Original Post.

Nemaides

List of completed games

Three more:

Game 3: Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ichi Ya - ~12h

A bit hard to read at some points (the story can get really depressing), but it was really good. The last chapter was gold.

Game 4: Kamui - ~1h

A great shmup. Good music, beautiful graphics and really intense. I loved the stage 4 boss fight particurlaly.

Game 5: Touhou Jaseishou ~ The Last Comer - ~1h

A bit buggy and with some ugly slowdowns at the later stages, but it was enjoyable overall. Got the bad ending, so I will play this some more to unlock the extra stage.

Greymanic

Neo Member
Original Post

GAME #5
: Super Star Wars (SNES) - 3 Hours 11 Minutes (Feb 21st - Feb 21st)

super-star-wars1.png

Despite this being the first game I ever owned, I've never actually beat it until now. In fact, it's been over 10 years since my last attempt, regardless though I still have a huge fondness for the game, mostly for nostalgic reasons. Playing again has given me a smile, I've come a long way in terms of the games I play, and adaptable I've become to the challenges thrown at me. While yes, there are a few moments that I look and think of how big an idiot I used to be, there are far more that demonstrate just how much my skill has improved.

Sendou

First update. Five games in little less than two months. Not fast enough pace to complete the challenge but at least I'm getting there.

My Backloggery

Game 1: Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - January 1
# Nice way to start the year. I really like when games teach you something interesting. Gameplay has some problems (mainly companion AI and some clumsy parts) but still manages to be passable.

Game 2: Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale - January 5
# Refresingly innocent and beautifully presented. Just the right lenght for the story it's telling. Very interesting setting.

Game 3: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - January 19
# Just what I expect from EAD Tokyo. Surprising, fun to play and all around polished. That said I didn't like how they tried to make the game artificially longer.

Game 4: The Talos Principle - February 15
# Reminded me of Portal a lot. Very philosophical and intriguing story that I enjoyed all way through. All around a very strong show from a developer I wasn't familiar with before.

Game 5: Max Payne 3 - February 22
# Really solid game all around. Had fun time shooting in Brazil (a country not overrepresented in video games). Spends too much time on the nonsense story and ever interrupting cutscenes.

Haven't had any time to update recently, only got two games done over the last month or so. Pretty pathetic. But, I got to play TNO! Up to eight games!

Game 7: Framed - 2.5 hours - January 30th, 2015
vHLGQn3.png

When Kojima declares a game his “best game in this year,” I take note. Admittedly, I was interested when I saw his tweet, but I had a full plate with finals and had plenty of other games to play. So I quite promptly forgot about it.

If someone were to ask what “Framed” is, I would probably describe it as an interactive comic book. However, that’s really just an easy description as it’s not just an interactive comic book. It has some puzzle mechanics, so it is most definitely a video game.

If there’s one thing I really took away from Framed, it was an appreciation and hope that more developers look into comic books as a potential place for development. Framed was a great attempt. But I think even more is possible. Taking cues from the way Visual Novels have treated printed stories, games like Framed could become even more expansive. Rather than telling a linear narrative like Framed, perhaps we can have “comic books” with diverging storylines. Perhaps we can have a more traditional comic book with dialogue. The possibilities are endless. - 7/10

Game 8: Wolfenstein: The New Order - 15 hours - February 21st, 2015
kyBPjUz.png

Everybody gushed over this one and boy were they right. TNO is an absolute delight to play. Eviscerating Nazis over a 15 hour campaign was utterly amazing. Even though I grew up in the age of "modern" shooters, the return to some old school roots was absolutely delicious. Dual-wielding nearly every gun was a ludicrous amount of fun. Throughout the game, just enough new weapons and upgrades are thrown your way to keep the gameplay feeling fresh. Perhaps the thing I appreciated the most was a really well-crafted, well-realized world. Everything from Anya's disturbing journal readings to the German music collectibles (Mond, Mond, Ja, Ja is stuck in my head) to the ambient NPC conversations was fantastically done. I'm not usually that drawn in by stuff like this, but I took time throughout the game to search for the collectibles, newspaper clippings and even to just stare at the posters and propaganda everywhere. The story is satisfying, and another great example of just how awesome a linear game can be. The choice to sell a game without MP was bold, and my hat is off to MachineGames.

Two gripes. First, the gun models were too big. I didn't experience the outright motion sickness that some people reported, but something about the FOV and the gun models made me feel disoriented and nauseated at times. I've never had that in a game. Second, the end was weak. Really weak. I don't mind
the implication that Blazko died.
That's fine, whatever. What bothered me was the boss fight in particular. It was irritating, and it didn't feel rewarding. Maybe that was intentional.

Easily the best game I've played so far, and I can see it being one of the best I'll play all year. -8/10

Other recaps are here

Drayco21

Update #3
Original Post: Here

Game #10- Star Wars: Battlefront II

H2dIRN0.png

Rating: ★★★★★ | Platform: Xbox | Beaten: February 20th | Time: 07:45

Nothing's cozier than wrapping up in some nice blankets in the middle of a snow day, getting some hot chocolate, and blasting through some Battlefront II. Like most shooters before everything became just like Halo/CoD/Gears, there's a little jank to the movement and the general feel of the third person shooter, but at no point does it actually feel detrimental to the game design like some others from that gen. The shooting still feels tight, and I still love the character class, control point style of gameplay. I know that it was a controversial addition at the time, but I still think the Hero units are a neat addition, at least to the single player campaign- they feel a lot more out of place in the Instant Action and Galactic Conquest stuff. Speaking of, the campaign is still one of the highlights for me- the narration as a journal as a member of the 501st is super well written and getting to play the Clones through their transition into becoming Imperial Stormtroopers was a really fun, different take on the franchise.

I'm still wanting to stay optimistic for the next Battlefront game, but I just don't trust DICE, I don't trust EA, and I don't like any of the things we've been hearing so far- from it apparently just being a Battlefield game, to being a first-person shooter, to stripping out classes to make customizable loadouts instead- it just doesn't sound like the Battlefront that I loved, or the Battlefront sequel that I want. Fortunately, no matter what their finished product is, Battlefront II remains one of the best Star Wars games ever created.

tav7623

Looking at the posts on here has made me realize that if I want to complete this challenge I need to get my butt into high gear (as well as try to get my gaming ADD under control) cause I've only beaten 3 games so far this year (Bayonetta 2, After Burner II 3D, & Resident Evil Remastered HD) and it's almost March.....Well I might as well give y'all an update on my "progress" so far.

Games I've Started
*= Started playing last year
**= Started replaying this year

*Alien Isolation (PS3) - at the beginning of mission 2
*Bravely Default - Final boss (currently need to grind so that I can beat it)
*Fear Effect - early into Disc 1
*Final Fantasy IX - trying to find a way into the village after escaping from the evil woods
*Mark of the Ninja (PC) - about halfway through
*Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD - still early on in the game (a few missions in)
*Ninja Gaiden Z: Yaiba (PS3) - stuck on Ch.4
*Outlast (PC) - Trapped in the Men's ward with the good Doctor
*Parasite Eve 2 - End of Disc 1
*Strider (PS3) - Halfway through the story
*SSX (PS3) - on mountain range 3 of 9
*Super Mario Galaxy - still on "World" 1
*The Last Story - halfway through the story
*Twisted Metal (2013) - half way through Sweet Tooth's story
*Zombi U - currently procrastinating cause I'm about to enter the Nursery and heard that it's (apparently) the scariest part of the game.
**Batman: Arkham Origins (PC) - About to have a date with Alice & The Mad Hatter
**Metroid Prime (MPT Wii U VC) - just arrived on Talon IV
**Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (PS3) - Ch. 3-1
**Resident Evil 6 (PS3)- Jake ch.5 playing as Sherry (still have Chris, Leon, & Ada campaigns left to do)
**Skullgirls Encore (PC) - currently played it for 5 hrs this year
Castlevania Bloodlines - Final Stage (my progress has been halted due to issue w/Retron 5 not liking the Made in Mexico cart for the game & refusing to load the final stage)
Dark Souls 2 (PS3) - just started
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3) - halfway through Act 1 (I think)
Final Fantasy X HD - entered the first cloister trials looking for Yuna
Madden NFL 15 (PS3) - played it for about 5 hrs
Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - Chapter 4
Scooby Doo Mysteries (SNES) - Mystery 2: The Fun Fair (Mystery 2 of 4)
Sleeping Dogs (PS3) - Ch.1
Sonic Generations (PC) - Halfway through the story
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii U VC) - in "World" 2
The Last of Us - on Ch.4 "The Outskirts"
The Wonderful 101 - on Mission 1-B
Thief (PC) - starting ch. 2
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - on World 2

This thread has been a freaking godsend for me in terms of actually getting up off my ass and fighting through my queue of unfinished titles.

I'm at 24 games today at the end of February - i'll probably never beat the all-time GAF record that other dude hit, but I'll try to clear 52 by a wide margin.

NOTE: Reading Gaffer impressions of the other games in the thread is giving me the itch to buy even more games though, so I'm not sure if this is actually helping or hindering my quest to minimize my backlog.

Link to my main thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=145272880

This thread has been a freaking godsend for me in terms of actually getting up off my ass and fighting through my queue of unfinished titles.

I'm at 24 games today at the end of February - i'll probably never beat the all-time GAF record that other dude hit, but I'll try to clear 52 by a wide margin.

NOTE: Reading Gaffer impressions of the other games in the thread is giving me the itch to buy even more games though, so I'm not sure if this is actually helping or hindering my quest to minimize my backlog.

Link to my main thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=145272880

I wish I could have that pace of completion. I just so often fail to become enthused in playing games lately!

I wish I could have that pace of completion. I just so often fail to become enthused in playing games lately!

That's why this thread works for me - forcing myself to go back to my older (half-finished) stuff often leads me to remember why I bought/downloaded those games in the first place.

I mean, just now I jumped back into DmC (the Ninja Theory reboot) - I stopped somewhere in the first half of the game (the 6th mission) and after a bit of relearning I'm having a blast!

Makeda

@Hersheyfan - 24 games by the end of Feb is impressive! Sadly I'm no where near that but hopefully once I clear through some backlog and grab a PS4 my numbers should improve a bit.

My Original Post

cutmypic%205.png

Game #9. Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Thoroughly enjoyed Toad's first solo adventure - a fun and at times challenging puzzle game that made everyone in my household smile from beginning to end :D

cutmypic_1.png

Game #10. Lone Survivor: Directors Cut (Wii U)
I'm rather LTTP with this one, took advantage of a Curve Digital sale on the e-shop a little while back and it turns out that this was one of the best gaming decisions I've made all year.
LS is a tightly worked, short-but somewhat open ended-horror game that had me hooked wanting to learn more. If you have yet to play through the game you really must take a pop, it's available on a lot of systems too so no excuse!

Nemaides

What was the rule for episodic games? I'm playing The Walking Dead, do I count every episode as a separate game or the five as one game?

Drayco21

What was the rule for episodic games? I'm playing The Walking Dead, do I count every episode as a separate game or the five as one game?

I think if you're playing them as they come out, it's fair to count them each as individual games, but if you bought the disk/season pass and playing through the full thing, it should count as one game.

It's a personal ruling "spirit of the law" vs "word of the law" sorta thing though.

Dryk

Game #14: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: 3.1 hours
The atmosphere in the game is great, the ambient music is great, what little puzzle solving there is is fairly unique and interesting. Voice acting could use some work. Ending shocked me. The game also delights into randomly turning into 2001 or The Call of Cthulu for 30 seconds then jolting back to reality like nothing happened, and I really liked that.

Sendou

I always counted them as one game since they don't really form five different entities the way I see it. Just do what you think is for the best. There's not a rule or anything like that.

Nemaides

I always counted them as one game since they don't really form five different entities the way I see it. Just do what you think is for the best. There's not a rule or anything like that.

I guess it depends on the game itself. For The Walking Dead I will count them as one game, makes more sense that way.

Original Post

fFR1NBR.png

09: Mario Tennis (GBC)
- 21/01/2015 (4:03) [6/10]
- Tennis RPG... Tennis... RPG. We have a winner here folks, basically you play tennis to level up, upgrade stats to win more matches. Completed the lame story mode and nothing else. Really enjoyed this as a kid and finally got around to completing it as an adult.

ZII82Vx.png

10: Huniepop (PC)
- 27/01/2015 (~3:00) [4/10]
- This games dialogue and characters are ridiculously bad, I can think of maybe 3 out of the 10 girls I talked to that seemed decent. You have real pieces of work like Audrey who, whilst funny to listen to once or twice, get really annoying. The puzzle mechanics are really fun though, makes me look forward to puzzles and dragons when that comes out, but this game is vapid and has no progression in character. Mean girl is mean, anti-social nerd stays anti-social... rinse and repeat. I only paid $7 for this and got some decent puzzling done.

S8zK88m.png

11: The Legend Of Korra (PS4)
- 28/01/2015 (~6:00) [6/10]
- Game can be fun at times, I took a long break after chapter four, came back and didn't know how to counter so I played the rest of the game without countering. Whilst getting my ass handed to me by the final boss I accidentally remembered how to do it and I pretty much breezed through the fight. Pro Bending is kinda cool but I don't see myself playing through all the difficulties. Decent game, no real replay value (Devs, PLEASE don't gate hard mode behind beating normal!!)

F9RLuJv.png

12: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
- 03/02 (~18:00) [5/10]
- I was a huge fan of Assassins Creed II and was expecting a big leap in mechanics between releases but the game feels dated in 2015 especially when compared to Shadow Of Mordor. After this title I'm done with Assassins Creed for good, it's not bad, it's average and I don't feel like I should be dropping $100 (Australian prices suck) for games that are average.

LtqQ0sk.png

13: Citizens Of Earth (Wii U)
- 03/02 (19:41) [6/10]
- If this game didn't have so many technical bugs it would be more like a 7-8/10. The game crashes constantly, enemies can disappear and reappear at random, one boss fight was skipped and replaced with garbled noise instead. It's too buggy to love. I enjoy the combat and the idea of collecting a large party with different roles but it needed some serious QA.

rXkEmFx.png

14: Lara Croft: Temple Of Osiris (PS4)
- 11/02 (~6:00) [7/10]
- Game was fun and enjoyable, the puzzles were easy but boss fights were hectic and had a good difficulty level. There was no punishment for dying outside of losing score which could block you from unlocking more powerful weapons, but the shotguns and missile launcher, which were unlocked throughout the story were so overpowered so it didn't matter.

002L3Jk.png

15: Grim Fandango (PS4)
- 15/02 (~12:00) [10/10]
- Grim Fandango is a fantastic game, whilst the puzzles can be abstract at times the characters, locations and dialogue is amazing. I was gripped from start to finish, there was one annoying puzzle that really got me angry but I loved this game. I don't throw out 10/10's often but this game deserved it.

EIysN50.png

16: Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)
- 18/02 (6:25) [7/10]
- Kirby Triple Deluxe is fun, the 3D (on the new 3DS) is great but the game is damn easy. Beyond easy, I know it's a Kirby game but come on, the only time I died was either when I got the nap power up or taking stupid damage in the final boss. I shouldn't really expect too much from Kirby games.

2asrKAj.png

17: Minecraft PS4 Edition (PS4)
- 20/02 (30:00+) [7/10]
- Minecraft is one of those games I can sink a lot of time in. After spending hours upon hours building I finally decided to do The End quest, I beat the dragon, read the odd poem and now I'm back to creative. Will probably keep playing this throughout the year, will leave the time played at 30 hours though.

Link to Post 4

Syrus

Banned
Update 2:

Game 5: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

wow...dunno why I took so long to come back to this game but damn was it good. Cant wait for Rise

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
More Nintendo stuff these past few weeks...

Ongoing status post

Completed
iH3xuFS.jpg

Game 6 - Lego City Undercover (Wii U) - 14 hours
I haven't ever played a Lego game to completion. Never really felt compelled to play them more, as I found them more fun to play as co-op games with friends. Undercover is single-player only which made me a bit wary, but all in all, I really enjoyed the time I spent with it. It's a sort of GTA-lite with a good deal of cute humor sprinkled throughout. The 70s/80s supercop TV show vibe was present throughout and they pulled it off really well. The city is pretty well designed and the set piece areas are easily as good as any of the other Lego games I've played.

Not to mention that I basically just tore through the main quest line, and I barely dented 10% completion according to the in-game counter. There's a ton more to do. At this point, I'm moving on, but I can definitely see myself jumping back into the game now and then to romp around and discover new things in the open world to do. I wasn't sure about it at the time of purchase, but I'm pretty happy I did pick this up (digitally) when I did.

6jtBP1V.jpg

Game 7 - Mario Golf (GBC/3DS VC) - 8 hours
I had always meant to play the Camelot Sports RPG games on portables and never have. Based on all the hype, I was expecting a lot more than what I got out of the RPG mechanics. As it is, it really is just a really barebones overworld/town structure as you move from course to course competing in tournaments and challenging the course champions to 1v1 match play games. Sure, there's some incidental NPC dialogue as you talk to random people in each course, and there's areas you unlock with some mini-game side-challenges, but all in all it feels pretty barebones.

The meat of the RPG mechanic is in the level progression of your golfer. You gain EXP as you do practically anything golfing related, and at each level up you can opt to improve your stat in one of five categories. You can actually quickly "max" out any one category (aside from distance), but the trick here is that each category tends to affect the others. If you increase power, your overall control will decrease. So if you opt to pump up your shot distance, your window for getting a perfect shot narrows, and the draw/fade in your shot increases. So, you end up having to spend some levels ups boosting your shot control stats to compensate. It's an interesting mechanic, but if it weren't for the fact that this is an incredibly solid golf game in it's own right, it wouldn't help the game much at all.

Thankfully, this would be a really great golf game for the GBC even without the RPG mechanics. Overall, it comes together as a really nice package. Well worth the sale price I picked it up for on the eShop, and I would say it's definitely worth the full asking price if you're looking for an old-school golf game on the go.

In Progress
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - I'm playing on the new 3DS now, and it's fun and all, but I'm getting cramps in my right hand with all the constant pressing of the roll/run/jump face buttons. Between this and MH4U, I gave in and ordered a grip on eBay to hopefully alleviate the problem.
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - See DKCR3D above. Same issue. I'm not the biggest Monster Hunter fan, but it finally got it's hooks in me with 3U on the Wii U. I'm a bit disappointed that I can't play this on a console anymore, but I'll get over it. As soon as I can play without my hand cramping up, anyway.

Fugu

Game 5: Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
PC, 1995
15 hours (this is really a guess. I plowed through this game over the spawn of a week or so and it's a bit of a blur.)

The trend so far for this year is playing games that I've owned for a long time and liked but never really invested the effort to play the game properly (let alone to completion). Mechwarrior 2 is a special example of this as when I got the game I was quite young (around five) and, to be frank, a little bit too-simple minded to get very far into it. Initially, I tried playing it like Doom (a game I could play), which didn't work -- until I realized that the game includes some handy cheats. So I enjoyed the game, even if I wasn't really playing it. Since then, I'd dabbled in multiplayer Mechwarrior 2 a few times in a LAN environment but that's about it.

Now, approximately twenty years later, this game has blown my mind. I'll start by saying that Mechwarrior 2 is among the most atmospheric and immersive games I've ever played: The controls, the pacing, the stupendous soundtrack, the sound effects, and even the incredibly early 3D graphics do such an excellent job of pulling you in every mission. This is all the more incredible because Mechwarrior 2 is a simulation for a thing that doesn't exist, and yet the suspension of disbelief is real; there is a palpable realism throughout that defies explanation. One of my favorite games is Baldur's Gate 2, which I feel is so successful at world-building partially because there's already a cohesive lore irrespective of the game, not to mention a fully-functioning set of mechanics. Mechwarrior 2 benefits in the same way from its association with the BattleTech universe. You can tell you're only being fed a tiny sliver of a giant pie because everything seems so well-connected.

The gameplay itself, immersion aside, is also pretty fantastic. The combat is based almost entirely on your (and your opponents') ability to maneuver the rather difficult-to-move mechs. It's incredibly satisfying when these skills start paying off, especially because the transition from literal moron to Mechwarrior god happens at a particularly subtle pace. There's a good variety of weapons, but what's truly astounding is the fifteen or so mechs, all of which play so drastically differently from each other and can be configured for further possibilities. When I first started playing the game I found myself not caring too much about this, but the choices you make -- and the choices your opponents make -- before the mission starts become increasingly significant as the game goes on. Having said that, I barely scratched the surface here; there's a zillion other interesting combinations that I haven't even touched. There's 32 missions in all (including 8 trials, which are essentially just a series of deathmatches with the odds increasingly stacked against you) and a decent amount of variety among them, even if there is a tendency for them to fall into different archetypes. Many of them are standouts however, particularly in the latter third of the two campaigns when the difficulty starts really ramping up. The skirmish mode is pretty cool as well and hints at the ridiculous amount of fun one could have playing this in a multiplayer environment.

It's really quite the challenge to find fault with this game. The first thing that comes to mind is the obviously dated graphics, but I found them functional, appropriate and perhaps even atmospheric for almost the entire game with two exceptions: first, fog is approximated by drastically reducing the draw distance, but it's so goofy that it simply feels like the game is broken; also, a lot of objects were straight up visible through walls, a fairly common early 3D characteristic. The AI is also somewhat flawed, with the enemy AI being effective and even sometimes surprising -- I will not soon forget a Rifleman destroying all of my weapons by flying directly into me -- and the ally AI almost stupendously dumb. I failed a mission more than once because my teammate shot at an objective or myself, but this was only an issue until I figured out that if you're fastidious about giving your allies orders, this problem all but entirely vanishes. My biggest complaint and probably the only one that had any impact on my enjoyment of the game is that I got stuck in geometry a few times, forcing me to abandon the mission.

But I feel stupid complaining. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

5/5

--

I'm keeping a separate list of games that I started but then rejected for whatever reason. The first unlucky game:

Reject #1: Tomb Raider 2 (3 hours)
I liked Tomb Raider (my game #3 for this year) a fair bit and decided to give the sequel a shot. Everything started off well; I really enjoyed the first level and the second level was looking promising... until I realized that I'd fucked up an obtuse timing puzzle in a way that had rendered the level unbeatable. I'll probably come back to this once I'm a little less soured by it but it's going to have to wait.

Chastten

Banned
Will update my main post later, but here's where I am right now:

03-01-2015 – Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC)
05-01-2015 – Klonoa (Wii)
09-01-2015 – Bayonetta 2 (WiiU)
27-01-2015 – Disney Infinity (X360)
29-01-2015 – Iron Brigade (X360)
08-02-2015 – Mass Effect (X360)
22-02-2015 – Darksiders (X360)

The good news is, with 7 games in less then 2 months I'm way ahead of where I was the last years.

The bad news is, I'm already behind where I should be and it's only gonna get worse from here. Convention season begins next month so I'll have a lot less free time for gaming. Furthermore, most of these games are fairly short at 15-25 hours whereas the games I usually play are at least double that. Ow well, we'll see how far I come.

I'm currently installing South Park: The Stick of Truth on X360. This being another fairly short game I should finished it this month or else early March, then I'll probably spend the rest of march on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. After that, I have no idea yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom