• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

aember

After it wouldn't let me sell my previous modded cars I kind of stopped selling anything. Can you still make good money just finding and selling a local car every few hours?
Can't say personally, never bothered to do the Dubsta thing.

e:
Can anyone even invite other people into jobs? Trying to invite anyone for me says that both me and the other player need to complete the GTA Online Tutorial.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Always thought that if you created closed server sessions, say locked to crew or friends, they would run better than straight up public servers. They load in a lot faster. Maybe try that, if you haven't already.

whiteape

FFS, they finally have a huge reason for lots of people to get back online with this game and it's back to the launch issues that drove away tons of players from the online.
Well, too many people trying to play the game will be a self correcting problem again. I hope this gets ironed out by the time I get home in 4 hours.

Edit:

Seriously, I won't even want to try these unless we get a dedicated crew. I WANT that 10mil damnit!

I've bought almost everything I want in this game but I need a dumptruck and monster truck, and some new planes...oh, and full armor for my fleet of hatchbacks.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So I just started the game up again, and how do I adjust the size of the game display? It's too big or my tv for some reason. For time this has happened. Also can't log into online.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Random question: Can the Dusty Rebel be customized just like a racing truck as it is in the single player?

There are other updates that are really good:

Changes have been made to the Matchmaking options and UI. This affects:

Next Job Voting Screen

There are now 2 pages of jobs down from 3.

The first page will display only Jobs of the same type you just finished playing, including a “Random” option. For example, if you just finished playing Rooftop Rumble, only Missions will appear on the new first page, and you will have a “Random Mission” option.
The second page will show a random selection of jobs, similar to how the Next Job Voting Screen works now, to allow players to change Job types if desired.

Kalamari

It looks like servers are working, invite if you want to do Heists or anything else. PS4: EvilKalamari.

Actually, the game just booted me when I answered a call from Lester, so maybe heists aren't' working right now.

Was on for a bit. Got the new ambient challenges. Xbox seems to be running fine.

Disappointed that the new heists vehicles seemingly aren't available in single player.

Also the daily or weekly challenges I saw the announcement but couldn't find where they were listed.

Also if I go to jobs - host job - missions, none of them show up. Before this update you could host any jobs. Not sure if that's possible anymore? Dunno why they'd do that

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
XDa40Cd.jpg

I keep laughing everytime I look at the photo.

Striker

Did the two player bank Heist this morning, twice. Once as the driver and another top with a Crew member as a driller. They're fun. I can't wait to get with others and try the rest out.

Shout out Quint for going through my first heist with me. I started a random one after that that 'broke' my progress for doing them all in a row but whatever.

It's going to be so hard to do this all with one group.

I really like the heists. The in game story for it is good and the set-up missions are kind of fun. It takes some effort from a group and I like everyone having different objectives.

I've done over 600 races in the game so I'm the perfect wheelman if anyone wants to try some more of these later today.

Muggers show up with masks now btw

I thought it was a player character coming after me, so I pointed my gun at him and he stopped in his tracks.. but someone ran him over immediately after and the "mugger has been killed" message popped up.

A good number of glitches/bugs being mentijoned:

• Cars not deforming correctly in Single player and Online
  • Heists add-ons not available in single player (e.g: new vehicles, weapons, etc)
  • Jobs -> Host Job -> Missions -> "You have no missions available" in GTA Online.

Three pretty big issues. Hoping the second and third one are bugs and not done intentionally. Once I could host my own missions without needing to wait for a phone call and hope that it's a mission that supports the number of friends I have online, it changed GTA Online for me and really improved it. Prior to being able to launch your own missions it was pretty frustrating to have to wait for a mission invite from a random NPC only to find that it supported just 2 people when you're playing with 4, or it was a boring Level 10 "Ballas to the Wall" mission.

Open up the Interaction menu then click on Daily Objectives.

What is the interaction menu? Phone...?

*edit*

Oh nevermind, holding down the select button

• Cars not deforming correctly in Single player and Online
  • Heists add-ons not available in single player (e.g: new vehicles, weapons, etc)
  • Jobs -> Host Job -> Missions -> "You have no missions available" in GTA Online.

Three pretty big issues. Hoping the second and third one are bugs and not done intentionally. Once I could host my own missions without needing to wait for a phone call and hope that it's a mission that supports the number of friends I have online, it changed GTA Online for me and really improved it. Prior to being able to launch your own missions it was pretty frustrating to have to wait for a mission invite from a random NPC only to find that it supported just 2 people when you're playing with 4, or it was a boring Level 10 "Ballas to the Wall" mission.

Yeah, is there a "how-to" guide for Heists? It sounds like we may have hit some of these bugs last night, but all we got invited to was the 2 player Fleeca heist, and then it said to wait for Trevor to call, which I read was up to 30 minutes waiting(!)...utter bullshit, but glad to know it's maybe a bug?

So, in order to do heists, you must be:

Level 12
High end apartment
Money to pony up

You go to Lester and get the 2-man Fleeca job...then you just wait for phone calls for other jobs?

Yeah, is there a "how-to" guide for Heists? It sounds like we may have hit some of these bugs last night, but all we got invited to was the 2 player Fleeca heist, and then it said to wait for Trevor to call, which I read was up to 30 minutes waiting(!)...utter bullshit, but glad to know it's maybe a bug?

So, in order to do heists, you must be:

Level 15
High end apartment
Money to pony up

You go to Lester and get the 2-man Fleeca job...then you just wait for phone calls for other jobs?
Yep, just wait on Lester to call.

I haven't played through a heist but here's how it sounds:

Requirements:
  • Level 12+ (you said 15 but I think it's 12... I could be wrong though)
  • High end Apartment because it requires a heist planning room
  • You get a call from Lester that invites you to his warehouse, here he introduces you to the heist concept and unlocks the first Fleeca heist
  • The Fleeca heist is a 2-man job and serves as a bit of a tutorial
  • After completing this (or any heist) there is a "cool down" period which I heard can be about a half hour.
  • After the cooldown period you will get an invite to launch a 4 man heist

Requirements:
  • You get a call from Lester that invites you to his warehouse, here he introduces you to the heist concept and unlocks the first Fleeca heist
  • After completing this (or any heist) there is a "cool down" period which I heard can be about a half hour.

Thanks (both of you) and I think you're right on the Level req.

Requirements:
Hey, you try creating a Playlist at least for now and inviting from there?

This one is really bad, as it also affects what appears in the post job selection screen for another job. Only contact missions you've completed will show up there now, and hitting random will just pick from that same pool of completed jobs. For extra fun, every time you log in, this gets wiped again.

For now, looks like you have to go back to freemode after every job, and call a contact. Really hope this gets fixed, took a long time for me to get all the contact jobs and all the races checked off.

Edit: I don't think this is intentional, as early yesterday morning I got the patch and was playing about an hour before all the servers came down. My job list was fine. It wasn't until the connection problems started that this happened.

aember

Has anyone noticed any changes to their character's face on current gen?

Putting on any mask seems to mess up my character's chin, jaw and nose, making her pretty blah :\

Can't even be bothered to do the change appearance glitch 'cause the face'll just get messed up again.

waypoetic

Banned
Ok, first heist (Fleeca) is done. Me and Shanko kicked ass and got some pretty good results.

Next up are the 4 man heists and we need two more dudes/dudettes. I'm looking at you Ted! We'll be on again tonight (ie 4 hours or so).

Symphonia

Banned
Ok, first heist (Fleeca) is done. Me and Shanko kicked ass and got some pretty good results.

Next up are the 4 man heists and we need two more dudes/dudettes. I'm looking at you Ted! We'll be on again tonight (ie 4 hours or so).
Add me. Ted and I were on about getting you in on the heists. My PSN is vntonywhite.

They completely fucked up the quick job launch lol.
It also feels like the framerate drops are gone on PS4 while driving in the city, that's cool.

Ted

Add me. Ted and I were on about getting you in on the heists. My PSN is vntonywhite.

I'll be back on again tonight, hopefully about the same time, possibly ~8pm GMT. I'm running pretty far ahead of schedule though today so if everything aligns it might even be earlier.

I assume I need to complete the tutorial mission first so I'll try and buzz through that. Cyanide and I got to the second part before the servers shit themselves but I know he has already completed it previously, how much time does the second part and any subsequent elements take and is it a pre-requisite to joining (not hosting) other heists?

Oh yeah, check out this silly glitch in my GTA:O apartment after getting the ever annoying "failed to download" error trying to get into a heist from the planning room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53E0KpnpPC8

Oh no, Ted x 2.

What is it they say about meeting your doppelganger?... Eek!

This one is really bad, as it also affects what appears in the post job selection screen for another job. Only contact missions you've completed will show up there now, and hitting random will just pick from that same pool of completed jobs. For extra fun, every time you log in, this gets wiped again.

For now, looks like you have to go back to freemode after every job, and call a contact. Really hope this gets fixed, took a long time for me to get all the contact jobs and all the races checked off.

Edit: I don't think this is intentional, as early yesterday morning I got the patch and was playing about an hour before all the servers came down. My job list was fine. It wasn't until the connection problems started that this happened.

That's really bad news if this sticks around. IT would kill gta online for my friends and I, especially because about 75% of the time at least one of us is not put in the same session as the others and so not being able to launch another mission would kill us.

Hopefully this is a bug related to the server issues and it is fixed. If not it might finally kill gta online for my friends and I, which is something we ony recently got back into and were having fun with it again because we could choose coop missions.

Kalamari

So I have been reading various tips and tricks for this game, there are millions of them. Like the squeezing right trigger slightly to aim rather than full left trigger lets you strafe quicker, excellent for free-aim mode. Also, setting your action in the interaction menu to eat a snack, which lets you press the joysticks to regain health while in combat, very useful.

There are so many of these little things, it angers me that they aren't included in the manual.

Akai__

Cross posting from the GTA5 Heist thread:

Uhm, I'm able to play again, but when I enter the Heist planning room, the board is blank. It still says "Prison Break" on top of the board, but every mission disapeared.

What do I do now? lol

ToAPqWv.png

And does anybody know how much money you'll roughly have, if you make the split 25% for everyone and complete all Heists for the 1st time?

That's really bad news if this sticks around. IT would kill gta online for my friends and I, especially because about 75% of the time at least one of us is not put in the same session as the others and so not being able to launch another mission would kill us.

Hopefully this is a bug related to the server issues and it is fixed. If not it might finally kill gta online for my friends and I, which is something we ony recently got back into and were having fun with it again because we could choose coop missions.

Looks like this is fixed, or at least only intermittent. Just logged in and my job list was intact, with all jobs checked off and available. Whew!

I don't know if it's a change but when I connected to the server last night it automatically put me in a session with other clan members. It's never done that before.

Will try to sign on tonight. Last night was a complete no go. My original evening plans were moved, and I'm hoping something doesn't encroach upon my newly freed up time slot.
I don't know if it's a change but when I connected to the server last night it automatically put me in a session with other clan members. It's never done that before.
Was that loading the game fresh, instead of going to sp? I might give that a shot. I stopped doing that with the PS4 version since it would always put me in the larger lobbies, and they take a while to load. Would rather go to sp, then join crew member in invite session, which takes a fraction of the time. Hopefully this method will be a thing of the past.

Whide

When do I get the call from lester that invites me to his warehouse, I already bought the high-end apartment and I'm lvl 15 EDIT: Nvm, fixed it.

Top Bottom