• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the GSC or Kaiyodo one?

Also, what were the yellow ones supposed to be? It's been a while since I've watched GitS.

its the nendo. i don't know what the yellow ones were, never finished S.A.C. i just wanted a tachikoma and this was the cheapest i've seen one. not too fond of yellow, but whatever, i'll take it.

omlet

Well, here are some pics of Ciel I took tonight. I really need to do something for a reflector because even with a light box the reflection off the figure of the box is a little strong at times.

ltrykMi.jpg

KmeyseQ.jpg

9ttvREM.jpg

TfQUpfo.jpg

iXD8u1l.jpg

One more of the sword with a light background.
W8dB2Pj.jpg

Gallery with the rest of the shots.
Took about a dozen shots rotating her as I went.

She's a fantastic figure but she's difficult to photograph because of her pose and that gigantic honkin' sword!

I definitely feel like I'll revisit her for photos because while I'm alright with these few as a first try I feel like I haven't done her justice yet.

Well, here are some pics of Ciel I took tonight. I really need to do something for a reflector because even with a light box the reflection off the figure of the box is a little strong at times.

Did she still come with that extra piece that makes the sword into a giant blob of monster something-or-other? It's a neat idea, but I think it made things look a bit too confusing and busy. Good call displaying her this way.

Settin

I know setting limits on figure collection is never super successful but.....no. No super lewd for me. I'm not following that Settin and Chrono path!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Did she still come with that extra piece that makes the sword into a giant blob of monster something-or-other? It's a neat idea, but I think it made things look a bit too confusing and busy. Good call displaying her this way.

yeah she does come with both.

I want ciel and thought she would tank....she has only gone up. 16.5k on amazonjp

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

AMEN!

Got around to taking some pictures of Satsuki, and I gotta say that this is probably one of the better scaled figures that I own. There's a lot of small details going on around the body like the ribcage against the skin as the body contorts in this position, some creases in the skin, and even the way the breasts were modeled really make this figure a bit realistic. The hair is probably the best part though, looks like it came right out of the anime.

NSFW-ish pic, but the hair looks amazing at this angle

omlet

Yes, and it is pretty impressive, but it would make her even more impossible to photograph. If I had enough display space to have her not share space on the shelf I might display it in that mode, but as it is it's just too big and it also necessitates you display her facing a certain way (the way she looks on her MFC page) because otherwise all you can see is the sword lol...

I want ciel and thought she would tank....she has only gone up. 16.5k on amazonjp
Yeah, glad I stuck with the preorder instead of hoping for a price drop. 16k is like her MSRP... ami's preorder discount was really good.

She's a fantastic figure but she's difficult to photograph because of her pose and that gigantic honkin' sword!

I definitely feel like I'll revisit her for photos because while I'm alright with these few as a first try I feel like I haven't done her justice yet.

Got around to taking some pictures of Satsuki, and I gotta say that this is probably one of the better scaled figures that I own. There's a lot of small details going on around the body like the ribcage against the skin as the body contorts in this position, some creases in the skin, and even the way the breasts were modeled really make this figure a bit realistic. The hair is probably the best part though, looks like it came right out of the anime.

Beautiful pictures guys, thanks. I took some yesterday but I got Kirito's swords in the wrong order, so the whole photo shoot was scrapped.

Meyneth

yep just like maiko madoka. And unlike last time, you can't get her at GSC booth at AX most likely because its not made by GSC.
I don't have any solid proof, but I'm pretty sure that Stronger is under the GSC umbrella. It's because the figures are for Aniplex, they make them exclusives for the Aniplex store.

When I emailed Navito World last year they said that weren't sent any Maiko Mami's and that they weren't allowed to set up preorders for it because of the Aniplex exclusivity. :/

I don't have any solid proof, but I'm pretty sure that Stronger is under the GSC umbrella. It's because the figures are for Aniplex, they make them exclusives for the Aniplex store.

When I emailed Navito World last year they said that weren't sent any Maiko Mami's and that they weren't allowed to set up preorders for it because of the Aniplex exclusivity. :/

they are not. http://myfigurecollection.net/item/188278 says it all.

The fact its not advertise by GSC and not on GSC site for NA sale but on rightstuf confirms it.

maiko madoka was sold by GSC store and was even sold at GSC booth, not aniplex.

omlet

They're not under the GSC umbrella, I don't think.
http://myfigurecollection.net/comment/2060093

I may be remembering something else, but isn't Stronger former GSC people that made their own company?

I may be remembering something else, but isn't Stronger former GSC people that made their own company?

Thats what I think as well.

Aniplex isn't really "exclusive" when you can order via rightstuf and otaku mode for NA. But it seems like they want to clamp down on their licenses.

as you can see some sections aren't really organized well.... lol. not sure what theme I want to run. I have more stuff but they have some lewd stuff that I would need to censor.
o and doors opened because of lewd.

Never ask me to help with super glue, lets just say I was putting together my Kobato resin kit and well at least she looks fine for the most part from the front :p as well as all of my fingers are now with super glue lol

Meyneth

they are not. http://myfigurecollection.net/item/188278 says it all.

The fact its not advertise by GSC and not on GSC site for NA sale but on rightstuf confirms it.

maiko madoka was sold by GSC store and was even sold at GSC booth, not aniplex.

The lack of information to research about this is frustrating. Gotta email GSC I guess

Man, you guys have great set ups.

Agreed, mine is all cramped up.

Never ask me to help with super glue, lets just say I was putting together my Kobato resin kit and well at least she looks fine for the most part from the front :p as well as all of my fingers are now with super glue lol

I made a hole in one of my clothes when using that, it almost got to my skin but I was faster and got it under control.

Best picture of the day yet.

Now there's a butt figure I can appreciate.

All I can think of right now is Flanders.

kierwynn

your fiance is going to love this one

ahhh yeahhhhh

lol I won't show that one to him just yet. :p (tho he lurks this thread sometimes so I'm sure he'll see it) We're currently in the midst of a figure war. He's threatening to get a Tharja figure in retaliation to my swimming guys.
a butt battle

Also, unrelated, someone posted this link on reddit about the Love Live! birthday figures. I didn't make the connection of the release dates and actual birthdays (though in hindsight, it seems obvious lol). I'm a little sad queen Nico is so far away tho :,(

lol I won't show that one to him just yet. :p (tho he lurks this thread sometimes so I'm sure he'll see it) We're currently in the midst of a figure war. He's threatening to get a Tharja figure in retaliation to my swimming guys.
a butt battle

Also, unrelated, someone posted this link on reddit about the Love Live! birthday figures. I didn't make the connection of the release dates and actual birthdays (though in hindsight, it seems obvious lol). I'm a little sad queen Nico is so far away tho :,(

just be thankful he said tharja and not any native figs.

Though if he counters with a native fig you can retaliate with that aoba native figure >_> lol.

george_us

Satan photoshoot finally complete!

Bonus:
http://www.radiantcg.com/neogaf/Satan-7.jpg
http://www.radiantcg.com/neogaf/Satan-8.jpg
http://www.radiantcg.com/neogaf/Satan-12.jpg

There have been a lot of comments made, and I expressed them myself, that Satan just didn't look "wrathful" enough. Leviathan perfectly captures the expression of envy, but Satan just looked kind of passive. Now that I have seen her in person, she does have a very stern expression, but the issue is that her eyebrows are obscured behind her bangs. I tried to capture a good low angle of her face to really catch that fury! I still think it could've been a more intense expression though.

As mentioned before, her stature is very imposing! The long limbs and thin body give her a deceptively tall look.

My prime complaint for Satan remains her miniscule bottoms. They could've been more covering in the front and still left a completely gorgeous, sexy figure without looking quite so scandalous. This was nearly a deal breaker for me, but I resolved that I was going to get her way back when the artwork was first revealed (along with Asmodeus and Lucifer, and Mammon before I saw how ridiculous her new pose ended up).

Excellent paint work all around (macro will pick up some things you can't see with the naked eye).

If I had to rank the 4 Sins it'd be Asmodeus, then Satan barely edging out Mammon, with Lucifer bringing up the rear. Still, all four are fantastic and I'd recommend them for anyone's collection - that is if you can deal with their sometimes risqué nature.

Great pics!

Giolon

Very nice pics! If you threw a rim light in there I think she'd look even more spectacular.

Love it! Isn't that a great figure of Satsuki? Those sculpt details are amazing.

For the curious, here's a peak behind the curtain at the basic photo setup I used for my last couple indoor photoshoots (with Jubilee as a stand in):

As I told omlet, my setup is a classic Rembrandt setup: 1 light in a softbox, 1 reflector (also doubles as another softbox) and 1 backlight/rimlight in a softbox. The lights are just cheap desk lamps w/ Daylight White LED bulbs in them. Does this ruin the magic? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom