• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Atlanta, are you enjoying this "drought?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

649_springpass_hdr.jpg

For a one-time cost of $49, you are guaranteed a seat at Turner Field for 21 Braves games in the months of April and May*. Buy now and spend the spring at Turner Field!

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:

• You can buy up to four (4) passes, so if you want to sit with family and friends, be sure to purchase all your Braves Spring Pass passes in one transaction.
  • Download the MLB.com Ballpark app and create (or login to a pre-existing) MLB.com account using the same email address you purchased your Braves Spring Pass with.
  • Tickets for all 21 games will be loaded into the app before April 10. Your barcodes cannot be transferred, so please plan to enter Turner Field with your group.
  • A few hours before first pitch, you'll receive your seat location. We'll alert you via text message, and then you will need to accept the seats within the app to indicate you're going to the game. Your seat will be different for each game, and located in the Upper Deck, Outfield... even the Infield!
  • *Braves Spring Pass does not include Opening Day on April 10.
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/ticketing/spring_pass.jsp

Corgi

Banned
damn it lol. Ok kinda lied, I had all the notifications on for score changes during spring training games on my phone... then it got depressing and I turned them all off. :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So after months of a huge trial 11 of the 12 were convicted in the Atlanta cheating scam. Only the special ed teacher got off.

Beverly Hall denied shit went down to her last dying breath though.

andthebeatgoeson

I like how they use the same room with different furnishings and lighting.

I looked at Marta's bus route of the whole city. Buses everywhere except North West. Nothing even close to Cobb county.

And I drove to Cumberland mall last Friday around 6pm. RIP in peace to brave 7pm games.

kagete

Wow my zip is in there... Do I tell the wife or not?

There's a dirty Kroger near me and I imagine some underpaid, contracted delivery guy just grabs groceries from there and drops them off.

My zip is also on there...so PrimeNow is free for Prime members? What happens if I order something in 5 o'clock traffic? They'd never get to my place on time.

RBH

A new sports bar off of 200 Peachtree St. - Atlanta Braves All-Star Grill (featuring a pitching cage inside)

066eb6200a0783752ad57f272b89c0ae.jpg

d78b0c9297945f8b728a4a7a3541c97b.jpg

5af0a9a292c606288a247734d3dfc290.jpg

809f077dd6aa10b8f4fb0ce2ede9c65a.jpg

64562455192a6fa87aab731b5966a85e.jpg

b9220176b8fb64f3695ab32c26f98059.jpg

6a769691e1ac45d657db82f49c639e9d.jpg

ee5f897566a05c3a7ee2ae12e3ad99ad.jpg

The Atlanta Braves and the Goldbergs Group had a ceremonial grand opening today of a second Atlanta Braves All Star Grill, located at 200 Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta.

Capitalizing on the success of the original Atlanta Braves All Star Grill located in the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the Goldbergs Group and the Atlanta Braves pursued a second location in the heart of the city. The new location will feature a chef-inspired menu and exceptional service, with a sports-museum atmosphere.

The 8,500 square-foot restaurant pays tribute to the Atlanta Braves greats with replica lockers; features memorabilia and photos from the last 50 years in Atlanta; and is decorated with a brick façade that will make guests feel like they're at a ballgame. The restaurant is also complete with leather glove booths, an interactive pitching cage and a Braves merchandise store.

The chef-inspired menu will include favorites from Goldbergs Deli breakfast, gourmet burgers, ahi tuna tacos and a full bar which will feature Atlanta Braves themed cocktails. The restaurant will be open from 7 a.m. - midnight, Monday-Sunday.

I saw the new Slimy Scaly Spectacular at the Zoo yesterday. It is a brand new reptile house that has tons of new features to it. I was really impressed. All of the habitats are much bigger than the old reptile house and everything is very modern.

A new sports bar off of 200 Peachtree St. - Atlanta Braves All-Star Grill (featuring a pitching cage inside)

066eb6200a0783752ad57f272b89c0ae.jpg

d78b0c9297945f8b728a4a7a3541c97b.jpg

5af0a9a292c606288a247734d3dfc290.jpg

809f077dd6aa10b8f4fb0ce2ede9c65a.jpg

64562455192a6fa87aab731b5966a85e.jpg

b9220176b8fb64f3695ab32c26f98059.jpg

6a769691e1ac45d657db82f49c639e9d.jpg

ee5f897566a05c3a7ee2ae12e3ad99ad.jpg

Wonder why they wouldn't have just held off until the new stadium and complex were built? Maybe they'll have another one, or something close to it in Cobb.

Corgi

Banned
Haha watched furious 7. Weird seeing scenes that you saw filmed live. Worked in the at&t tower midtown and had a good view.

That series really does love filming in Atlanta.

maxcriden

Officially moving to ATL in about a month. Apartment (duplex), wife's schooling (Emory), job transfer (gov't) all seem to be secure. We'll be living in Stone Mountain. Yay!

Enron

Banned
I just want to warn you ahead of time - Stone Mountain is miserable. I used to live out that way in Grayson about 11 years ago. Had to drive through it every day for work, and ran errands/shopped there a good bit. Bleeeehhhhh

maxcriden

I just want to warn you ahead of time - Stone Mountain is miserable. I used to live out that way in Grayson about 11 years ago. Had to drive through it every day for work, and ran errands/shopped there a good bit. Bleeeehhhhh

Is it so bad? I've heard decent things. What makes it so miserable? We can always move, I suppose.

J@hranimo

Banned
Is it so bad? I've heard decent things. What makes it so miserable? We can always move, I suppose.

I grew up there most of my life. It's a decent area. Only about 25-30 mins away from downtown Atlanta and is a decent middle class neighborhood. It's relatively boring but that's suburbia. I'd much rather live closer to the perimeter after I finish college...

mYm|17|

I grew up there most of my life. It's a decent area. Only about 25-30 mins away from downtown Atlanta and is a decent middle class neighborhood. It's relatively boring but that's suburbia. I'd much rather live closer to the perimeter after I finish college...

ITP all day! :)

J@hranimo

Banned
I would only recommend Stn Mtn if you don't want to live ITP and deal with traffic all day Lol. It's not as nice as it used to be when I was a kid, but it's not that terrible.

Don't stay there forever!

maxcriden

I would only recommend Stn Mtn if you don't want to live ITP and deal with traffic all day Lol. It's not as nice as it used to be when I was a kid, but it's not that terrible.

Don't stay there forever!

No plans to stay forever. If it's quiet and safe as purported, I think it will do for the time being, though.

Two weeks so far living in Peachtree Corners.
This place is fuckin' awesome.

+Walking distance from The Forum
+Unbelievably quiet (compared to L5P/Neighbors shooting fireworks at 2am in March/etc)
+Lower sales tax
+No more Comcast
++God-tier Asian and Mexican restaurants

Only bummers so far:
-Not much open after 10-11pm
-No post offices with expanded hours nearby.
The Pharr Road station is a bit out of the way, will probably have to close that PO Box and get one at the Roswell Postal Store since it's not too far from work.
-Leasing office has same hours as work hours, packages left there will have to wait until the weekend

rpmurphy

+Unbelievably quiet (compared to L5P/Neighbors shooting fireworks at 2am in March/etc)
+Lower sales tax
+No more Comcast

Only bummers so far:
The Pharr Road station is a bit out of the way, will probably have to close that PO Box and get one at the Roswell Postal Store since it's not too far from work.
-Leasing office has same hours as work hours, packages left there will have to wait until the weekend
Yeah. I don't know about Mexican restaurants, but for Asian restaurants, Duluth is not that far away either. The Forum is slightly overpriced for its restaurants.

NastyBook

+Lower sales tax
+No more Comcast

Only bummers so far:
What ISPs are available there?

Yeah. I don't know about Mexican restaurants, but for Asian restaurants, Duluth is not that far away either.

I'll be hitting up the local markets too. It's nice to be in such a diverse neighborhood.

What ISPs are available there?

My place does the whole DirecTV/DirecPath deal.
I've wanted to try out cord-cutting from typical cable for a long time, but Comcast was my only option for speeds over 10Mbps.
Went DirecPath only, 50/5 service, and NO BANDWIDTH CAPS OR USAGE FEES
Comcast nickel and dimed me for over $500 in the year they implemented caps.
Service has been rock solid so far. Going to stress it with some streaming tests this weekend.

T.A.L

Been here two months out of a small town in Alabama .Been great so far , besides automatically assuming every woman is a scrippa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom