• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch the original The Prisoner series online

Status
Not open for further replies.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The Prisoner original series being online, free for anyone to watch does deserve its own thread. If you havent seen this show definitely give it a shot.

EDIT: rewatching the last episode Fall Out.. such a great show. i think its possibly the only thing we both agree on that has that words Fall and Out in it Stoney :lol :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
_leech_ said:
Who is Number One?

Spoilering it just to be safe :lol God i love those intros with the interrogation.

EDIT:
removed the next part of that dialogue just in case haha.. i dont want to give away anything
:lol

If I didn't already own the box set, I would be excited.

...fuck it, I'm excited anyway. I highly recommend The Prisoner.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
You won't get it.

We will. By hook or by crook, we will.

Best fucking opening ever.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
fuuuuuuck you AMC I know this show ain't distributed in my region, let me stream ur shizz!! >:|

Yaweee

Wow, this is really good. I'm only on episode 5, but the episodic attempts to break him have all been really interesting. Is this the first time on TV that they used had the same actor playing two distinct roles in the same frame?

The music is great.

Yaweee said:
Wow, this is really good. I'm only on episode 5, but the episodic attempts to break him have all been really interesting. Is this the first time on TV that they used had the same actor playing two distinct roles in the same frame?

The music is great.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm watching an episode a day and its nice to relive one of my favorite shows. Probably my favorite concept behind a TV show ever.

To make my usual plug, anyone who loves The Prisoner might enjoy...

b996561c466098dac4e1991d66ecfc16.jpg

...which owes a hell of a lot to The Prisoner and deals with a lot of the same themes. It's one of my favorite shows.

I've been meaning to check this show out ever since it showed up on Lostpedia. Thanks for the reminder OP, I'm lovin' this show so far. Currently on episode 4.

My crappy laptop couldn't handle the stream at the amc website, so I'm watching it on Youtube. Search for SoundBlaster67.

Night_Trekker said:
To make my usual plug, anyone who loves The Prisoner might enjoy...

...which owes a hell of a lot to The Prisoner and deals with a lot of the same themes. It's one of my favorite shows.

Never heard of it but I'll check it out.

Phoenix said:
Oh man how I've missed this show. It used to be the butt of many jokes and RPG adventures... man this takes me back!
It was a creative game. The best part was when it acted liked it crashed . . . but it was part of the game.
114-1.jpg

Yaweee

I've been having a lot of problems with episodes 6+. Won't load, infinite commercials, or freezing. I'll probably wait a few days before diving back in and hoping it works.

speculawyer said:
It was a creative game. The best part was when it acted liked it crashed . . . but it was part of the game.

I was just thinking what a terrific adventure game, The Prisoner, would make. Especially with episodic content now in vogue.

Yaweee

It took me until episode 8 to realize that they actually changed the voice overs during the opening sequence to match the current episode. =(

Yaweee

This is bullshit! The episodes I want to watch are selectable, but after the commercial it says the video is unavailable. To repeat, I don't know the video is down until after watching that fucking Tanqueray commercial. I've only watched 8 episodes, but I swear I've seen that fucking ad 40 times.

Many Happy Returns has been my favorite episode so far.

P-Bass

Neo Member
The Prisoner is an all-time classic. So much going on in each episode - it's all in the details.

Once again, it's a treat to view the vigorously indignant performance of Patrick McGoohan.

Yaweee said:
This is bullshit! The episodes I want to watch are selectable, but after the commercial it says the video is unavailable. To repeat, I don't know the video is down until after watching that fucking Tanqueray commercial. I've only watched 8 episodes, but I swear I've seen that fucking ad 40 times.

Many Happy Returns has been my favorite episode so far.

*ahem*...

Pho Antagonist said:
My crappy laptop couldn't handle the stream at the amc website, so I'm watching it on Youtube. Search for SoundBlaster67.

I'm about to start episode 7. I really liked episode 5, the Schizoid man. Had me as tense as I was throughout the movie
Moon

Yaweee

Finished the last episode, but I need to watch 3 or 4 episodes from throughout the run that had glitched on me.

I just don't like that style of ending. I can understand leaving some things open to interpretation, but doing it to that extent just feels like a complete cop out. I mean, any of Evangelion's endings are more definitive than that.

Yaweee said:
Finished the last episode, but I need to watch 3 or 4 episodes from throughout the run that had glitched on me.

I just don't like that style of ending. I can understand leaving some things open to interpretation, but doing it to that extent just feels like a complete cop out. I mean, any of Evangelion's endings are more definitive than that.

The ending is definitely one of those "weird" ones. I like it and I hate it at the same time. :D

I still love the show though. I'm hoping the remake captures the essence of what I enjoy about the show which is just a terrific Alice in Wonderland feel which is so very very rare for the TV medium.

Aaron

Yaweee said:

Nah, it's not a cop out. It's an extended metaphor about what the entire series was about: a rebel in society that at all times forces him to conform, even to the point of saying 'you win' to somehow twist him into being one of them. Though of course man's worst enemy is always
himself.

I'm slowly working my through all the episodes again but my favorites tend to be the mindfuck ones like Many Happy Returns and The Schizoid Man.

Just finished the last episode. I get what happened, I just don't like the way it was handled. All the episodes except for Dance of the Dead make up for the bad ending. I guess it's time to move on to Shattered Visage now, then hope for a better ending in the remake.

Mumei

Thanks for posting this!

I made it about half-way through last time before my computer crashed on me, and never got back into it. Looking forward to rewatching. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom