• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Schedule, features 17+ 2-hour Duscae LPs and an ATR

Philippo

Guys, I have some secret insider info. Square Enix (well, Squaresoft) in the late 80s actually built a rocket ship and launched it. This was when they were about to go out of business (hence the name of the game "FINAL" Fantasy) and were thinking of switching industries.

Anyway that rocket is somewhere in the vicinity of Alpha Centauri right now due to a bug in the programming, but they're planning to broadcast Episode Duscae for the Centaurians over there.

Now that that insider info has been made public, all of you can proudly proclaim how you're going to refuse to watch the Centaurian Duscae broadcast, even if there's no way for you to do it.

edit: can i has verified poster status

I wonder how many preorders those aliens will take.

Falk

that puzzling face
To them Earth is fantasy.

They probably see "Coleman" and think "wow, what attention to detail they even made up an outdoor camping brand".

KupoNut

A bunch of people should do Stella just to see what their reaction is. :V

Luna looks exactly like Stella though with her hair down. And pretty sure that Stella would get redesigned too if she was still in the game. Her personality/story role changed, not her design.

Now that that insider info has been made public, all of you can proudly proclaim how you're going to refuse to watch the Centaurian Duscae broadcast, even if there's no way for you to do it.

Is this like every year on Black Friday when I proudly proclaim that I'm boycotting Walmart, even though I was never going to shop there to begin with?

Yep, they're making famous youtubers figures play the game for 5 days straight in 17+ LPs! , cosplay contests, ATR, many Q/A with development team so they can release the game in 2 years.

the same demo from months ago. They are commited to keep showing stuff of the game, but clearly the don't have the content to do so.

They promised they would keep showing things of the game, is not like they can go in the dark for several months now.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is this like every year on Black Friday when I proudly proclaim that I'm boycotting Walmart, even though I was never going to shop there to begin with?

Sort of, except you could actually be at Walmart if you wanted to! There's an important difference there.

In contrast to this other situation, there's no way for you to be close enough to Alpha Centauri to pick up electromagnetic signals at a decent enough signal-to-noise ratio in time for Gamescom.

Well, unless you used the Big Rigs 1 quadrillion m/h bug in which case you could get there in about 6 minutes.

But the flipside is you wouldn't be able to post on GAF from Alpha Centauri.

Koozek

the same demo from months ago. They are commited to keep showing stuff of the game, but clearly the don't have the content to do so.

They promised they would keep showing things of the game, is not like they can go in the dark for several months now.
Oh, so you know what all this unspecified content is?
Wednesday August 5th

4:00pm - 6:00pm = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content
6:00pm - 7:00~pm = FFXV Active Time Report livestream

Thursday August 6th

3:00pm - 4:30pm = FFXV Q&A session with the Development team

Friday August 7th

9:30am - 11:30am = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content
3:00pm - 3:30pm = FFXV Q&A session with the Development team
5:30pm - 7:00pm = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content
7:00am - 8:00~pm = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content

Saturday August 8th

3:00pm - 3:30pm = FFXV Q&A session with the Development team
6:00pm - 7:00~pm = FFXV Stage show with unspecified content
Awesome, could you tell us more about it? Thanks!

Oh, so you know what all this unspecified content is?

Awesome, could you tell us more about it? Thanks!

Probably more unfinished towns, like in the past Active Time Reports?

Maybe another look to the combat arena they shown 30 times already but this time with more magic spells and a bunch "we heard your feedback!"?

Ah! and add a bunch of new artworks so fans can speculate for months and not think too hard in the fact they barely saw any new real content for months now.

Honestly I'm surprised they aren't spending more time showing off something like that TGS demo with the higher level combat. Duscae looks cool, but it still doesn't even really hint at the magic system, which seemed to provide a pretty major visual spectacle.

Kikujiro

Where did this idea of KH3 coming sooner than FFXV come from? We didn't get anything about KH3 before the last E3 and it was just a video of one unfinished world and random gameplay clips, the fact that the trailer didn't have any particular focus should be pretty telling about the state of the game. I don't understand why some of you are so obssesed with the idea that FFXV will be a disaster (oh well I think I know).

As for the "fans don't care about Duscae", like I said, the stage show is for the casual attending audience of Gamescom, the demo will be showed multiple times because the visitors will come and go during the day, it's simple marketing, nothing out of the ordinary, the point is to show the game to more people possible. Youtubers are there to engage the public, so it won't be just a trailer played countless of time and there will be special presentations and Q/A too. Like, where is the problem?

And Duscae isn't as shitty as some of you may think, I can give you an easy example. Lirik is the most popular streamer on Twitch (around 30,000 viewers a day), after the E3 he was watching some of the trailers and the FFVII R was one of them. He said "I never played a FF game, but I know this is the most famous one and I'm going to play it for sure when it will come out", then people in the chat suggested him to watch the Ramuh summon from the FFXV demo, he obviously never played the Duscae demo, because only the hardcore FF fans bought FFType-0 (so yes there are countless of people who aren't tired of the demo, because they never played/watched it in the first place), he watched the summon twice because it was mindblowing to him, then he watched the Jump Festa trailer ("awful" according to some hardcore FF fans) and said he was going to buy the game because it looks spectacular. He's the kind of casual fan that S-E would love to get on board, because if they want to sell 6 million plus copies they need them and the casual fans aren't as critical (nor obsessed) as we are.

Where did this idea of KH3 coming sooner than FFXV come from? We didn't get anything about KH3 before the last E3 and it was just a video of one unfinished world and random gameplay clips, the fact that the trailer didn't have any particular focus should be pretty telling about the state of the game. I don't understand why some of you are so obssesed with the idea that FFXV will be a disaster (oh well I think I know).

As for the "fans don't care about Duscae", like I said, the stage show is for the casual attending audience of Gamescom, the demo will be showed multiple times because the visitors will come and go during the day, it's simple marketing, nothing out of the ordinary, the point is to show the game to more people possible. Youtubers are there to engage the public, so it won't be just a trailer played countless of time and there will be special presentations and Q/A too. Like, where is the problem?

And Duscae isn't as shitty as some of you may think, I can give you an easy example. Lirik is the most popular streamer on Twitch (around 30,000 viewers a day), after the E3 he was watching some of the trailers and the FFVII R was one of them. He said "I never played a FF game, but I know this is the most famous one and I'm going to play it for sure when it will come out", then people in the chat suggested him to watch the Ramuh summon from the FFXV demo, he obviously never played the Duscae demo, because only the hardcore FF fans bought FFType-0 (so yes there are countless of people who aren't tired of the demo, because they never played/watched it in the first place), he watched the summon twice because it was mindblowing to him, then he watched the Jump Festa trailer ("awful" according to some hardcore FF fans) and said he was going to buy the game because it looks spectacular. He's the kind of casual fan that S-E would love to get on board, because if they want to sell 6 million plus copies they need them and the casual fans aren't as critical (nor obsessed) as we are.

2 unfinished worlds, which is almost more than XV already shown.

Also combat definetly looked more finished, it feels they are still prototying the combat in XV (well, is pretty much sure, since they still are working on magic).

What I got watching KHIII trailer is that it certainly looks a much more finished game than XV.

oimori

I'm already a philosopher. I can be happy to hear any kind of information about XV if it is positive news. Even though it is very small news for everyone.
And this time, Tabata has already confirmed that they will show us new trailer and start promotion for final product. Just hearing that, it is enough to make me hype.

Where did this idea of KH3 coming sooner than FFXV come from?

Likely a smaller scale project than XV, and there's the idea that Luminous might be causing some development difficulties that KH3 can sidestep by the move to UE4. If KH3 had just started development before it was announced, that would still give it a 3.5 year dev cycle if it came out at the tail end of 2016, which is definitely reasonable for the scope of the series (as long as development proceeds without many setbacks). FFXV likely isn't coming out until the second half of 2016 either, or they would have pushed for it at the last E3. I don't think KH3 is going to come out before FFXV, but they should come out without too much time in between them.

Koozek

Maybe another look to the combat arena they shown 30 times already but this time with more magic spells and a bunch "we heard your feedback!"?

Ah! and add a bunch of new artworks so fans can speculate for months and not think too hard in the fact they barely saw any new real content for months now.

Oh, I see! I always appreciate insider info like this, thanks.

What a shame, though. A new trailer, live stream and several Q&As and interviews really isn't enough. I mean, hello, the game is only over a year away. I wanted them to show every in-game and CGI cutscene of the game, every area plus all relevant NPCs and a summary of the sidequests for each and maybe even the complete bestiary with a live-streamed Let's Play of how to beat the hardest monsters. Also I expected them to at least show us every magic spell in the game (ideally also the way to acquire them) and all the crazy summons we haven't seen yet.
You know, like all the big publishers do for their games over a year before release. Man, just when you thought SE was getting back on track :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

This illustrates why the broadcast format for this game has been a mistake. They should do what KH3 is doing.

Falk

that puzzling face
When you have a game that's already accumulated 6 years of fan anticipation you're probably going to have to choose between a bad and worse solution for PR.

edit: for clarity 6 years meaning from conception to the rebranding. Maybe 7 I guess?

Dark_castle

To be fair, if one filter out all the Duscae LP, there is still quite a lot of stage event and presentations dedicated to FFXV.

This illustrates why the broadcast format for this game has been a mistake. They should do what KH3 is doing.

At least they should have waited until production was far ahead so they could have shown actual stuff. Of course there should be a balance of what they should show without spoiling much, but after the couple of streams it was clear that they ran off of actual stuff to shown.

The game wasn't ready for constant update every 2(?) months or so. Hell, looks like is still not ready...

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, you could have waited literally 2 weeks before deciding if you want to repeatedly use the word 'clear'.

I mean what's 2 weeks compared to 8 years.

You know, you could have waited literally 2 weeks before deciding if you want to repeatedly use the word 'clear'.

Well change "clear" and consider it my opinion on it, based on what they did for the past months. If they shown full new locations and an actual finished town (that is not the same town as always for christ sake), color me surprised.

Koozek

[...] As for the "fans don't care about Duscae", like I said, the stage show is for the casual attending audience of Gamescom, the demo will be showed multiple times because the visitors will come and go during the day, it's simple marketing, nothing out of the ordinary, the point is to show the game to more people possible. Youtubers are there to engage the public, so it won't be just a trailer played countless of time and there will be special presentations and Q/A too. Like, where is the problem?

Perfectly said.

oimori

Duscae 2.0 is very proper for a presentation with youtuber because Duscae 2.0 has no spoiler of story. It was made to be so.
Youtuber isn't official person and they would do something unexpected. If they will play not Dusucae 2.0 but a brand new piece of final product, they could cause some scarce things.

Kikujiro

What did they do with KH3? Not showing anything for two years? And if they don't show anything about KH3 at Gamescom (two months of no-news after E3) will it mean the game is having problem with the development?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What did they do with KH3? Not showing anything for two years? And if they don't show anything about KH3 at Gamescom (two months of no-news after E3) will it mean the game is having problem with the development?
They're showing it without wasting time. Basically here's the game, this is what we're doing - here is where you can see it next (a couple weeks after Gamescom in fact) and if you don't like it, too bad! Nomura is doing what he wants without pandering to the public and I like that approach.

oimori

KH3 is not good example, I think. FO4 style might be better example(Of course FO4 also took some time to be revealed).

gosoxtim

They're showing it without wasting time. Basically here's the game, this is what we're doing - here is where you can see it next (a couple weeks after Gamescom in fact) and if you don't like it, too bad! Nomura is doing what he wants without pandering to the public and I like that approach.
that why i love the kingdom hearts team beter then final fantasy xv team also i dont hear about the changes being made i just want hear about new info and maybe see even a new trailer along with a realease date

KH3 is not good example, I think. FO4 style might be better example(Off course FO4 also took some time to be revealed).

KH3 is just pretty standard in the industry, and for a reason. They're just showing things when they are ready to show them and ramping up marketing and showings once the game is in a proper state in which that makes sense.

XV is the oddball here, it made sense for XIV as an MMO in which you need to be dedicated to your fanbase, not for a triple AAA game which was so far away from release.

barit

Media blowout my ass lol

Well I will try to stay away from any footage anyway. That's how I've handled Final Fantasy games in the past. One day they sit on the shelves and I say "Hey, a new Final Fantasy game! Awesome" and grab it. Done

Go_Ly_Dow

With XV they're probably feeling the pressure to show results a lot more than KH3.

It was reannounced 6 years after it's original announcement and that was 2 years ago. And despite that we're still about 1 year away from getting it.

After E3 2013 I know there were many people thinking it was a late 2014 game.

And then after the TGS2014 trailer, mass info dump and tech footage many were reasonably expecting this game around Holiday 2015.

wmlk

Nomura is great and all and he would likely present stuff differently than Tabata, but he said that the reason why he can't do stuff like this is because of Disney.

From KHUnion.

"Unfortunately" implies that he would like to do this. I've seen you post the same thing multiple times and Nomura gave a pretty recent and concise response to this at E3.

dramatis

However, Disney's involvement is also another logical reason for why one might begin to consider the possibility that KH3 would actually release before FF15. Disney isn't going to stand for delays, whereas FF15 is wholly in the jurisdiction of SE.

Gosh, this type of bashing is why we can't have nice things. One minute its yaaaaay Tabata, the next, it's screw you! WTF.....Wait for Gamescom, if there is nothing new shown then you can rage, but for now we don't know what they have planned...It took all but a few days and a schedule to make people lose hope.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Media blowout my ass lol

Well I will try to stay away from any footage anyway. That's how I've handled Final Fantasy games in the past. One day they sit on the shelves and I say "Hey, a new Final Fantasy game! Awesome" and grab it. Done

Exactly how I also like it!

Did the opposite for Dragon Age: Inquisition and it ruined a big chunk of the game for me. That and the fact it's bloated to hell and back.

wmlk

However, Disney's involvement is also another logical reason for why one might begin to consider the possibility that KH3 would actually release before FF15. Disney isn't going to stand for delays, whereas FF15 is wholly in the jurisdiction of SE.

I agree. Instead of looking at Nomura and Tabata and comparing the revealing of information, I think it would make more sense to compare how marketing for KH3 would be at D23 compared to other prominent Disney games. They're seemingly involved in this process more than ever.

Koozek

Btw, here's an interview with Phil Roger, the CEO of SE Europe & Americas, about FFXV and FFVIIR:

---

I can only imagine how you feel when you see all these knee-jerk reactions, must be hard to resist responsing :D
Unless they're warranted, of course, and SE will only show the other parts of Duscae around the Astral Shard in the new trailer, only talk about what they changed since 2.0 in the ATR and announce ED 3.0 for September.

Son Of D

They probably voiced their concerns over how KH has been handled for the past 8-10 years.
Yeah. Can't imagine Disney was happy with KH skipping the PS3/360/Wii and instead focusing on the handhelds. Don't get me wrong, the DS was a monster hit and the PSP saw good hardware sales but the KH audience just wasn't there. They wanted KH3 on PS3.

It's strange that KH3 will be the first time a KH game has been built for a HD platform. That's how long it's been since the last console game.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can only imagine how you feel when you see all these knee-jerk reactions, must be hard to resist responsing :D

At least I haven't been banned from NeoGAF for snarky comments yet.

...wait.

God damn it.

(Believe me I want this game to come out as much as the next guy lol)

Go_Ly_Dow

Do you blame them though? An entire generation went by without KH3.

Of course not!

Although given how Square were last gen, no competent engine (+UE3 kinda sucking) and the PS3's challenging architecture, I bet if the project had been given the go ahead last gen it would have been messy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Speaking of UE3, I've mentioned it once, I've mentioned it a dozen times, but The Last Remnant on PC in 2015 is a thing of beauty.

(Too bad about the xbox version though)

Top Bottom