• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: No plans to release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5/2.5 ReMIX on PlayStation 4

This is coming from the same company that trolled everyone by announcing ff7 remaster, knowing full well that they had a remake in the works. It'll come to ps4, just give it time.

Two Words

Isn't that good? If they planned to release them on PS4, then it would basically confirm that KH3 is a LOOOOOOONG ways off.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The story of Kingdom Hearts isn't that confusing (except how the time travel in DDD works)
What you really need to know for the third game.

Xehanort is the big bad.
He wants to create the X-Blade to open the real Kingdom Hearts
He plans to accomplish this by using 12 more copies of himself. Including the villains of the first two games, his younger self, and two members of the original Organization XIII.
It's up to Sora to stop him. As well as Riku, Kairi, Lea (the man who became Axel), Mickey, Donald, and Goofy.
Oh and they also have to save Ventus, Terra, and Aqua, the protagonists from Birth by Sleep.

Auron

Unfortunate. I really wanted to play these games before number 3. Not buying another PS3 to do so though.

Ghost23

That's upsetting to here. It's the only way I have of playing them. I'm not buying a used console just to play them.

Recently, we also received a significant increase in requests for the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix to be released on the PS4. Unfortunately, we don't have any plans for that.

Reminds me of Hashimoto.
September 25th 2013: "If everyone plays 1.5 HD ReMix, if everyone likes it and everyone supports us, then 2.5 HD ReMix could happen," he says. "So at this stage, we just have to encourage people to play 1.5 HD ReMix!"

*less than 3 weeks later*

October 14 2013: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Announced at D23 Japan

Exactly. You don't say "A better version is coming!" while the old version is still selling. You don't want people waiting,no, you want them double dipping.

KingBroly

Banned
I think the sales of 2.5 are at the tail end, or maybe have already ended because people were expecting a PS4 port even before it came out.

Famassu

IIRC Nomura often talked about KH1.5 HD ReMix as if didn't exist prior to its announcement even though it had been in development for, like, a year already.

Good. More developers should learn from him, the first collection was out in 2013 and the other was in 2014 lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if it released for next gen though. *facepalm*

Son Of D

Exactly. You don't say "A better version is coming!" while the old version is still selling. You don't want people waiting,no, you want them double dipping.

This. Nomura will say that they aren't coming so that people will go buy the PS3 collections. Then possibly at D23 US or D23 Japan (this month and October respectively) they'll be announced alongside Dream Drop Distance Final Mix HD (I know DDD didn't get a FM version on 3DS but I could see SE wanting to add a little more content to encourage double dippers).

Thats a shame, I haven't purchased 2.5 HD despite wanting it as I have zero intention of ever turning on my PS3 again at this point.

Would much rather have had that than FFX again. I like FFX but I didn't need to replay it unlike KH which I would have liked to play properly finally.

I've been holding out in the hopes of playing a collection on Xbox one, but at this point buying a PS3 seems to be the best way to access these games again, I might bite on one.

I hope it does eventually. On the ps3 versions still...the ps2 versions still...god regardless. Would be a proper idea though.

As someone interested in playing KH3 on X1 and who never played the first 2 games, I'm sad of hearing that there won't be a current Gen version of those games.

fates

It's probably happen at some point, maybe before or after 3 comes out. Just not any time soon.

I mean... 2.5 came out a few months ago. It's not like they've been out for years.

Plus who knows what red tape they gotta get through with Disney and Utada to get these things cleared. I doubt it's a simple task.

aadiboy

I think you guys are naive if you think the games won't be ported to the PS4. SE might not want to announce them yet, or they're waiting until after KH3 releases to do a complete collection. Whatever the case, I can't see why they wouldn't want to bring the games to PS4.

LycanXIII

It's probably happen at some point, maybe before or after 3 comes out. Just not any time soon.

I mean... 2.5 came out a few months ago. It's not like they've been out for years.

Plus who knows what red tape they gotta get through with Disney and Utada to get these things cleared. I doubt it's a simple task.

It came out in October/December of last year. A little more than "a few months ago."

As someone interested in playing KH3 on X1 and who never played the first 2 games, I'm sad of hearing that there won't be a current Gen version of those games.

Even if/when it releases on PS4, that doesn't mean they'd release an X1 version of it. :/

IIRC Nomura often talked about KH1.5 HD ReMix as if didn't exist prior to its announcement even though it had been in development for, like, a year already.

The opposite, actually. He flat out said they were internally running "HD tests" for the PS2 entries in the series when asked about the possibility of an HD collection during KH3D's promotion. And of course, the secret message in KH3D was a not so subtle announcement that HD ports were on the way. On top of that, he flat out said 2.5 was in the works on multiple occasions months before it's actual announcement at that one D23.

He's been pretty blunt on matters in regards to these HD ports for whatever reason, considering how he usually plays coy with just about everything else.

Arkeband

Banned
I'd buy it for PS4, but there's no reason for me to buy a collection of 6 games I've already played for an old, worn out system.

MAtgS

I just want my DDD HD, Square (well that & FF12HD but that's already coming). At least give us that much.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Im still not buying them for PS3 Square-Enix.You ported over X/X-2 and you will port over these ones too eventually.

KTO

I thought the speculation topics for KHHD when the X remaster released for PS4 were silly, but the responses in this thread are just flat out delusional. People interested in playing KH 1+2 before 3 comes out need to suck it up and dust off their PS3s.

Top Bottom